Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 85

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

  1. #51
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3967065;
    I recall posting about him as being weak during Gillian's show, and that was the first big red flag for me. There are different qualities of weak, but weak is what you have to watch out for in a partner as that lack of strength can often lead to viciousness, particularly if you combine it with what is perceived to be perfectionism. A strong person can withstand constructive criticism, input, opposing ideas and independence in their partner without becoming petulant, hectoring or abusive. And Jake can't do that.
    Excellent catch, Rattus. During Jill's show and Jake's, really , I mostly tuned him out because he seemed boring and not into the process of the Bach but he showed a little more life on DWTS, so I watched him a little more closely and caught the red flags toward Chelsie.

    And I think the narcissistic assessment is right on target, as well. It's like he can't even hold a normal daily conversation because that is full of numerous minefields which challenge his fragile self image of perfection. Total nightmare.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  2. #52
    FORT Regular CookieJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    143

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3966890;
    Cookie, you must have missed Jake on DWTS where he flipped out more than once with his dance partner Chelsie telling her that he wasn't asking her, about things, he was TELLING her.

    Jake has proven himself to be a control freak and it has nothing to do with Vienna driving him to it. He must have been heavily edited in his Bach appearances, but red flags were raised during DWTS and he definitely confirmed those in that interview last night. And I did wait until I saw him last night to form a conclusion following the DWTS red flags.
    Actually, you are correct. I didn't watch DWTS. It is always on opposite something else I want to watch (can't remember what right now! ) and I remember I couldn't even DVR because it was a hot time slot and all the DVR slots were taken!

    I humbly accept the fact that I've ONLY seen Jake on the Bachelor series, and in a few interviews, and I might have missed red flags or signals that others saw. I remember one clip from the beginning of his Bachelor series.. if I'm not mistaken it was right after the FIRST episode where the previews were "This season on The Bachelor...." there was a personal interview with Jake, he was angry beyond belief, yelled something like "I'm not going to stand for it!" got up and kicked a table then stormed out of the room. Hubby and I kept waiting for that clip during the season and it never surfaced. It was obviously edited out, but it was showing us a Bad Boy side of him right then that I had never seen and was totally blown away by.

    We all have a dark side and he obviously has shown his more than I knew. It's really too bad. I never thought he and Vienna would last, so I'm not mourning that loss... I think I'm mourning the fact that Jake really could have a lot going for him, but he's going to lose the opportunity to find happiness if he doesn't get himself under control.

  3. #53
    FORT Regular sugargoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    KS
    Posts
    110

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3966890;
    Cookie, you must have missed Jake on DWTS where he flipped out more than once with his dance partner Chelsie telling her that he wasn't asking her, about things, he was TELLING her.

    Jake has proven himself to be a control freak and it has nothing to do with Vienna driving him to it. He must have been heavily edited in his Bach appearances, but red flags were raised during DWTS and he definitely confirmed those in that interview last night. And I did wait until I saw him last night to form a conclusion following the DWTS red flags.
    I think they showed a tantrum of his on the bachelor too. Remember when he was wearing plaid and shouted, "I'm not sending a damn person home" or something like that and threw something down and stomped off? That was always in the previews but I don't remember seeing it in the real show.

    Anyone who complains about not getting 'respect' typically doesn't deserve it. Seriously? Her suggesting another arrangement of furniture, or doublechecking the GPS EMASCULATES him?? What a control freak.

    I really really didn't like Vienna on the Bach, but I do feel that she was being honest with her emotions and he was not. I found him fake from the beginning with Jill, but I only recently discovered that under that fake aw-shucks exterior is a crazy-maker.

  4. #54
    FORT Fogey my3boyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,246

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3966257;
    I agree. You make some good points. I think it would have been interesting if they had played a montage of video from The Bachelor where the other contestants were warning Jake, Vienna was acting out, his family was voicing their concern and then finally Jake saying, I don't care what anybody has to say, I know I'm right about Vienna. LOL. I just love it.

    Most people loved Ali on The Bachelor when she sat and cried in Jake's lap and then fell to to the floor in the hallway when she didn't get her way. I thought it was very childish and that she would be too immature to be in a serious relationship. What do you know?

    I'm not feeling this Frank thing. Why is she so crazy about this guy?
    It's difficult to believe that she is the best thing these guys have ever met. REally? That's sad.
    This is why I could not watch the current season of "The Bachelorette". I did not watch all of Jake's season. HOwever, I did see the episode of her supposedly crying and rolling in the floor. It was soooooooooooooooo FAKE! If her job was so important to her and she had to leave, why is she back now (less than a year later) looking for a husband??????? It does not make any sense. If your job is so important then do the career thing for a while. She is FAKE and I doubt she will end up with anyone after this season.

  5. #55
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    222

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    On Jakes season, it was the double date, rumor has it that fleiss was making him get rid of both girls on the outside campfire date, that is when he kicked the table, and said he wasn't sending anyone home, of course,they teased us with that, but we never saw it...didn't wanna ruin his "squeaky clean" image,,,yea right!!!

    Personally i think Ali and Tenley both dodged the bullet. Ali's ok, but i think she's totally superficial, but if that's the case, what's with her and frank, i don't see the attraction there, but i also heard a rumor that she is currently single, so her fairytale ending probably didn't work out either,,,plus, her giggling through every single date is like nails on a chalkboard for me. LOL

  6. #56
    Check out my reality! AZHotFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson Arizona
    Posts
    589

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    I would have broken up with Vienna the second time she interrupted me... I would have broken up with Jake the minute he told me I couldn't do something...

    I hope to never see or hear from them again -
    Wasting away another summer...

  7. #57
    from sky to fire fireflyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,347

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Vienna is not only spoiled and a needy emotional mess, but she was pure evil to have lied TO THE PRESS about someone being physically and emotionally abusive to her. After her inability last night to back up those accusations with facts, I feel Jake should get a lawyer and sue her for slander. Facts are facts, and you might think Jake is too controlling, but he has every right to want to purge that piece-of-trash Vienna from his life. What she has done is accept payment for slander which resulted in defamation of character to Jake. (The defamation can be proven by submitting a multitude of message-board posts!) It should be any easy-to-win court case.

    Jake wanting to be a dominant male in a relationship is old-fashioned but legal. Vienna committing slander for payment and admitting on TV it was malicious (false) is prosecutable.

    Further, she felt she wasn't getting enough physical intimacy at home so she got it elsewhere. She's a tramp and Jake should hate her. She's also been televised admitting to the unauthorized interview; ie admitting to violating her contract. I hope TPTB sue her as well.

  8. #58
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,489

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by sugargoose;3967123;

    Her suggesting another arrangement of furniture, or doublechecking the GPS EMASCULATES him?? What a control freak.
    Not sticking up for Jake or anything but the way I heard it is he told her the directions and she pulled out the GPS like she didn't believe him. Same way with the furniture, he said he had measured and the way it was arranged was the only way it would work and she still didn't believe him. Emasculating, no, rude, yes.

  9. #59
    FORT Fogey graycat11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    3,599

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by brycola;3966164;
    I don't like either of these people...but I don't believe a word that came out of Vienna's mouth. She's a little princess that wants everyone to cater to her every wish. I thought Jake came across as much more believable. I thought he showed great restraint when she wouldn't let him finish a SINGLE sentence. I would have gotten in her face and yelled at her MUCH sooner than he did. How many times did Chris have to tell her to please let Jake finish answering a question....and she STILL constantly interrupted. I found myself getting pissed, and it wasn't even me she was interrupting. I think they're both losers...but she is BY FAR the bigger loser. She HATES LA, but is planning on staying there because she doesn't like the redicule of the people in her town? My guess is that the people in her town know the REAL Vienna...and that's why they redicule her. And she runs off crying "you're mean". God you little tramp...grow up!
    If Vienna wasn't telling the truth, she wouldn't haven't been able to keep her story straight. She was more open.

  10. #60
    BTW
    BTW is offline
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    495

    Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3967929;
    Vienna is not only spoiled and a needy emotional mess, but she was pure evil to have lied TO THE PRESS about someone being physically and emotionally abusive to her. After her inability last night to back up those accusations with facts, I feel Jake should get a lawyer and sue her for slander. Facts are facts, and you might think Jake is too controlling, but he has every right to want to purge that piece-of-trash Vienna from his life. What she has done is accept payment for slander which resulted in defamation of character to Jake. (The defamation can be proven by submitting a multitude of message-board posts!) It should be any easy-to-win court case.

    Jake wanting to be a dominant male in a relationship is old-fashioned but legal. Vienna committing slander for payment and admitting on TV it was malicious (false) is prosecutable.

    Further, she felt she wasn't getting enough physical intimacy at home so she got it elsewhere. She's a tramp and Jake should hate her. She's also been televised admitting to the unauthorized interview; ie admitting to violating her contract. I hope TPTB sue her as well.
    AMEN. I agree with every word.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.