Closed Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

Re: 7/5 Show Discussion **NO SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3966540;
    Now tell me this doesn't sound like Jake.
    To a T

Why did they have to devote so much time to Jake and Vienna?
    They both have issues, but if I were a guy dating Vienna, I think I'd go nuts. Enough said....

Do you all think they cut a lot of scenes from the Bachelorette in order to show the Vienna / Jake fiasco?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I never watched The Bachelor with Jake & Vienna but I was half listening to the interview last night, and it seems to me it was an awful lot about the same nitpicky things other couples nitpick about (He criticized me [sob, sob]! Well she doesn't let me do blah blah blah), plus the added circumstance of he wants a showbiz career and she wants a nine-to-five guy. Well duh, then why did she go on the show?

As to Ali, she's a complete bore. I can't stand her giggly, nasal purriness and her chronic making out with all the guys. I don't know what she and Frank see in each other, so they can have each other. I hope for Roberto's sake that he doesn't win and that he goes home and meets a fantastic, lively gal who appreciates him.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3966598;
    They both have issues, but if I were a guy dating Vienna, I think I'd go nuts.
    If I were a guy dating Vienna, I'd probably go nuts too, but if I were a woman dating Jake, I think that I would probably be afraid. He is a weak, self-obsessed individual, and those are the ones that you need to be wary of.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3966628;
    If I were a guy dating Vienna, I'd probably go nuts too, but if I were a woman dating Jake, I think that I would probably be afraid. He is a weak, self-obsessed individual, and those are the ones that you need to be wary of.
    Exactly. Jake and Vienna are both fame hos. Jake, however, is is an obvious control freak psycho which is far more troubling.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm totally on the fence and I never thought I would be.

When Jake was on Jillian's show I liked him. I almost thought he was as Jillian said, 'too perfect'. Nice guys might be the best thing in the world for most of us women, but part of the reason they tend to finish last is because whether we admit it or not, we like a little bit of 'bad boy' in our 'nice guy'. Jillian's Jake would probably have bored me silly after a few months.

The Jake we met on his season had a bit more attitude, a bit more personality. We saw a skooch of temper, a little more moodiness, and even more of a sexual side. These are normal traits that any person has, but we just didn't see on Jillian's season. That guy wouldn't have bored me silly, in fact I liked it. I actually married one of those "nice guys"... and he's never more attractive to me than when he shows a bit of moodiness.

Vienna is a spoiled brat that has to be in the spotlight all the time. The only thing that I can give her credit for is that she never hid that fact, even during the Bachelor. Jake knew she was spoiled, her father came right out and told him so! He knew what she was, but I think he was so driven by the sexual chemistry that he thought that could overcome everything else. When he got her into real life I think he realized he'd made a mistake in thinking with the wrong brain.

So they break up. Whomever did it first, who cares. They are no longer together. Jake seems like he wants to take the high road and Vienna instead goes straight to the tabloids screaming "Jake is a monster". She admits he never abused her physically, and the only thing she said he did emotionally was to basically ignore her at times and talk 'mean' to her.

I think Vienna made some valid points last night, but the emotional tirade at the end of the interview blew any sympathy I'd started to feel for her. Jake was trying very hard to control himself, I could tell. He is basically a nice guy... he doesn't want to blow up at her on national television, he's trying to let her have her say so he can have his. I was involved with an abusive man for 3 years, and I saw NO signs from Jake that he is abusive. I saw a simmering temper, and I saw a man trying to hold it together and be an adult in front of the cameras. You know neither of them wanted to be there, it was in their contract so they had to. Vienna took the opportunity to stick her bottom lip out and play the victim, Jake was trying to just hold on...

I still don't like Vienna but I feel a little sympathy for her. I still like Jake, but feel that he's got a little more ego than I originally thought he did, and maybe those personalities just didn't mesh together. I don't believe he was abusive. Living with that woman could not have been easy. I just believe he spent 6 months trying very hard not to say or do something he knew he would regret.
    Last edited by CookieJ; 07-06-2010 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;3966877;
    I'm totally on the fence and I never thought I would be.

The Jake we met on his season had a bit more attitude, a bit more personality. We saw a skooch of temper...
    Cookie, you must have missed Jake on DWTS where he flipped out more than once with his dance partner Chelsie telling her that he wasn't asking her, about things, he was TELLING her.

Jake has proven himself to be a control freak and it has nothing to do with Vienna driving him to it. He must have been heavily edited in his Bach appearances, but red flags were raised during DWTS and he definitely confirmed those in that interview last night. And I did wait until I saw him last night to form a conclusion following the DWTS red flags.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fanatic

People, PLEASE.Somebody. Where can I watch this debacle?

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl;3966987;
    People, PLEASE.Somebody. Where can I watch this debacle?
    It's on the last half an hour or so of the latest Bachelorette episode. Try hulu and do part 2 of the latest episode. It starts after the first commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3966890;
    Cookie, you must have missed Jake on DWTS where he flipped out more than once with his dance partner Chelsie telling her that he wasn't asking her, about things, he was TELLING her.

Jake has proven himself to be a control freak and it has nothing to do with Vienna driving him to it. He must have been heavily edited in his Bach appearances, but red flags were raised during DWTS and he definitely confirmed those in that interview last night. And I did wait until I saw him last night to form a conclusion following the DWTS red flags.
    I recall posting about him as being weak during Gillian's show, and that was the first big red flag for me. There are different qualities of weak, but weak is what you have to watch out for in a partner as that lack of strength can often lead to viciousness, particularly if you combine it with what is perceived to be perfectionism. A strong person can withstand constructive criticism, input, opposing ideas and independence in their partner without becoming petulant, hectoring or abusive. And Jake can't do that.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Closed Thread