Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why are you still watching "The Bachelor"

FORT Regular

Re: Why are you still watching "The Bachelor"

I really lost interest with Jake's season...to me his personality was blah and I had a hard time identifying with him or any of the girls being that interested in him. I really didn't care about Ali's season either (I thought the crying over leaving Jake was fake) but girls from work wanted me to come to a viewing party...and since they said the word party..well I was there!! Then I saw Chris L and Roberto....can you say genuine?? Now I'm hooked again. They both seem real, Chris's personality is a hoot..., I am invested in how their stories progress and if they come out of this unscathed. I liked Reid from Jillian's season too....wanted to know he was OK after it was done. I also enjoy the travel sites...loved Iceland and Istanbul...looking forward to Portugal and Tahiti. Loved Jillian and her guys in Spain. There's also some good humor thrown in every so often. Wish there was less of the fake stuff....some of it seems insulting to the viewer's intelligence....but I guess drama sells and they now have 2 hour shows to fill. I know right now though...I will not be watching the Vienna/Jake showdown Monday night....just can't go there!

So how does a reality dating show with a 9.5 percent success rate reel in about 8 million viewers week after week? (Quote)

I don't believe it is the fairy tale story at all. The only thing on TV at that time of the evening are re-runs and boring TV. I watch it because there is nothing else to watch. If I miss an episode, I haven't missed much. Sorry for those that really love the show but, I don't. Nothing else to watch.

** watched every show since Alex**, made great friends,***I'm hooked, Guilty pleasure for sure!!

FORT Fan

How funny that you ask Why still watching the shows? Actually, I was just asking myself Why I keep checking back into this website even though I don't watch the shows... I check this site because there are a few of you I became familiar with - through your postings - way back in B11, and by seeing a few of your comments every few weeks, I can pretty much tell what's going on out in the tv world. My first season was B11, and that was only because friends of participants mentioned it. I watched to see the "drama" personalities versus the "real" ones that were described to me. True to the character of the man of that season, he lived up to my initial prediction that he would not pick his life partner based on a whirlwind fantasy format and time frame. He'd waited too long to throw it away on that. I did expect something from the real world later, but lost touch with my contacts. I then watched the follow up 'ette, to see how she handled it..... but then, it got out of hand.... then another and another spin-off and crash. The franchise has definitely lost me after round 2. I did accidentally catch the beginning of the CH and dueling duo this week, and decided I'd see less XXXXX if I went to clean the bathroom of my apartment. But Fort family are Fun Folk!

FORT Fogey

It is what it's always been - with the possible exception of the first season or 2 - mindless summer fun.

Someone to root for, in a situation many of us wish we could be in.

It's all very Harlequin Romance stuff. We know it's not real, but the idea of excitement and romance is undeniably appealing.

That it can happen to avergage people is also dream-inspiring. Fleiss said the show works with up to 50% of the contestants not being their for "love", i.e. Hollywood wannabes or even experienced actors). I think that number is to high as it is. Any more would ruin it, I think.
    Last edited by Jexter; 07-09-2010 at 11:13 AM.

FORT Newbie

I watch it on and off but I cringe everytime someone makes a fool of himself/herself. Definitely a constant lesson on "WHAT NOT TO DO TO CHOOSE A LIFE PARTNER"

FORT sun

I still like the Bach series. I hope they have some orientals on the show! Not some white guy with some cute Chinese girl. Not some white guy with a cute mexican girl, not some white guy with some cute black girl...etc. Not some black guy with a cute white girl. Reality shows already done all that. Hey..there are plenty of handsome, intelligent, ambitious oriental men. Maybe some eastern philosophy thinking.

I still watch because I always hoped we'd get a fairy tale ending thou I'm realistic enough to be cynical a bit about some parts.

I knew right off that Jake wasn't really serious about any of the girls on his season when the TPTB left in his Vo of him saying that even if he picked anyone, it's not to say it will last or will be a long term relationship. that gave me my clue he wasn't in this looking for love.

Hoping that Ali's season will be memorable.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but I just read it and couldn't help but share. The bachelor/bachelorette won the E! News Tater Top awards under the category "Shows you can't believe are still on the air".... Bahahahahaha.

I have no idea why I'm still watching this show, I keep trying to get unhooked, but it's like a bad drug. I guess it's because my heart is still hoping for a fairy tale, even though my head knows it BS, lol.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234