Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are you still watching "The Bachelor"

Re: Why are you still watching "The Bachelor"

Why did they only interview people who just started watching it? I found that pretty interesting. Those of us who have watched since Season 1 with Alex may have a different spin.

I think most of us watched Alex's season somewhat aghast. What is this show? Do these girls' mothers know what they're doing? This is so anti-female. Well, I better tune it next week just to see what they do. OMG, did you see how fast Amanda leapt at the chance to go to the Fantasy Suite? Where's her mother?! OMG, did he just dump Trista after basically telling her he was going to choose her? Why did I watch this stupid show?

Aaron/Helene: I can't believe I'm watching again. Oh, look. He's going to pick Helene and she just got out of the limo.

Trista/Ryan/Charlie: Oh, bless her heart. Here she is again. I hope she finds love, but she's got to bag that baby-talking voice or the guys will go home at the Meet & Greet. OMG, look at her. She's literally climbing Russ. I hope they don't fall off the balcony. OMG, that Ryan is the sweetest thing. She better not break his heart. OMG, she's all over Charlie. Uh oh, Charlie and Ryan both seem okay, but Ryan wants to marry her. She better not break his heart. Oh NO! Ryan's limo is being shown first. You STINK, Trista. Wait a minute! It was a bait and switch! You GO girl! Go make pretty babies.

Blob/Estella: Why's HE back? He's the guy you ask to go on a double date with you when you aren't sure you'll have enough to say to your new boyfriend. Oh GROSS! These girls are falling all over him! Why? Oh GROSS! He's tonguing every last one of them! Oh GROSS! There's more to that hot tub scene than they just showed. Where are these girls' mothers? Estella? REALLY? But she's a NICE girl! I thought she had better sense. Bet this will last as long as Alex and Amanda. What? They're over already?

and so on and so on and so on. All to try to see Trista/Ryan again. I'm a sucker and have said many times that, while I resent it, something FIERCE, Fleiss owns me.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

KK4
    FORT Fan

"Steve Carbone, who has recapped "The Bachelor" and "The Bachelorette" since their infancy on his spoiler site RealitySteve.com, agrees.

"It's never really been about the ending," he said. "People are more just invested in the dates and the journey and cattiness in the house -- that's what people tune in for. They like the drama.""

Man his grammar is terrible, but I digress...
    I watch for a love story, plain and simple. And after reading the spoilers, I'm not glued to the tv on Mondays anymore. I read about the episodes here.

I'd rather she the friendships formed than the fake drama or yelling/screaming any day. RS is totally wrong! He only thinks that way, because how he thinks of women in the first place.

That's a good question. I watching to see the beautiful locales and some gorgeous men. I try and not look at Ali..lol

I (and my hubby) watch this show because we are absolutely facinated by the actions and behaviours of other people. I have always been a huge people watcher and I love watching body language and signs that people give off. I also like watching the Bachelorette for all of the handsom fellas (and my hubby the Bachelor for all the ladies). I was always deep down looking for the "love" story that they try and promote (although I would never admit that to many other people), but after coming to FORT and getting the real lowdown, I guess I don't watch for the love story.
    And I also like watching all of the beautiful places they go and seeing all of the fun activities that they polan out for the dates.

I watch this show because it's mindless entertainment. I don't have to think too hard, or pay attention every second to catch the story. It's fun to sit back and just have fun. Plus it's great for those Monday nights when there are no good sporting events to watch.

The good looking guys don't hurt either.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I watch so I have a reason to read FORT for endless hours a day. The wit and intelligence on this board alone provide me with some sanity in an insane world.
    My daughter and I watch to laugh at what extremes people will undertake to get on TV and become "famous." The fabulous abs (thanks, Kip) and eye candy are a particular bonus. Who knew that this silly show could be a time of bonding with my daughter? We schedule our time to watch together.
    And the drinking game rules give me a reason to open a bottle of wine each week!
    Also, some of the locales are amazing (drink!) and allow me to visit vicariously through the premise of this silly show.
    IF some sort of romance occurs, that appeals to my romantic side, which has become much more cynical, as I grow older and wiser...

I watch for the farce. To see how much a highly-manipulated show can get a naive viewer to believe. I like laughing at how ludicrous the whole thing is, but at the same time I do like indulging in the fantasy that two wonderful people will live happily ever after. Failing that though, a Bachelor "scandal" is always good for a laugh.
    _(Moo!)

I love to watch the Bachelor/ette with my hubby. We speculate about why the lead give a rose to someone or gets rid of someone else. I have always been interested in watching the body language to see if it gives any clues as to who the lead will choose. Also, it is just so deliciously cheesy I can't resist!

old cow

Honestly I watch because I'm bored. Its the summer time and nothing else is on that Im interested in on Mondays.

I dont really watch the Bachelor because female cattiness is kinda passe' but i do enjoy the Bachelorette because i just LURVE some male cattiness (and looking at the cute guys).

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast