Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 6/14 Show Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

Re: 6/14 Show Discussion *NO SPOILERS*

What's up with Ali and her hideous roots? She has all these stylists primping her and they leave her hair looking terrible.

Hair extensions, poor hair color, etc., clash with her girl-next-door image. It's more like the girl in the next door trailer. :-P

Anybody notice when she said "clothes intimidate me."

I didn't expect her to be a fashion plate, but I did expect her to step it up this time. Instead she has been virtually colorless choosing black, and more black. Black is the new yellow. Her clothes aren't much to look at, either.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3939129;
    What's up with Ali and her hideous roots? She has all these stylists primping her and they leave her hair looking terrible.Hair extensions, poor hair color, etc., clash with her girl-next-door image. It's more like the girl in the next door trailer. :-P

Anybody notice when she said "clothes intimidate me."

I didn't expect her to be a fashion plate, but I did expect her to step it up this time. Instead she has been virtually colorless choosing black, and more black. Black is the new yellow. Her clothes aren't much to look at, either.
    It seems that's a common problem on TV and in film.

Anyone who's hair goes from dark to blond is going to show roots.
    I don't think it's unique to Ali. Elisabeth Hasselbeck has same problem, so does Kelly Ripa, Katie Couric, Deborah Norville, to name just a few.

I think her hair look pretty good, actually.
    As far as the clothing, I get the sense that she's not a fashion plate - she's a total tomboy - and I think whoever the stylist is on this show should take the blame for that. Jillian wore some pretty awful disco ball looking dresses on her season and Deanna wore some tacky stuff, as well. That's what stylists are for. Fleiss needs to pay one to do this.
    Despite it all, that's what I find refreshing about this Bachelorette. She's not perfect.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Regarding Ali's hair, it really does look notgood. Perhaps it has been through so many levels of product that it's no longer really hair, just a disgusting synthetic mess attached at the brown roots or something. Ali should go brown, her face is still beautiful and she'd still be hot. Of course, it would still take 6-12 months for real hair to grow back.

But she needs to do something! The dirty-hair look is yucky.

Ali's getting the same treatment, hair-wise, that Vienna got last year. Awful extensions, messy, roots showing. I wonder if Fleiss will kick in for a good treatment prior to the rose ceremony. I seem to remember V's hair looking a lot better on that last show.

Ali was a brunette in her high school pic and she looked much more natural. They should just hack off the horrible extensions. She doesn't have the best natural hair but give it a nice cut and color and it would look better than it does now. It just looks too fake.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;3945438;
    Ali was a brunette in her high school pic and she looked much more natural. They should just hack off the horrible extensions. She doesn't have the best natural hair but give it a nice cut and color and it would look better than it does now. It just looks too fake.
    Funny you should say this. My husband is in the "hair business" (barber now, but formerly a stylist) and when he endured two minutes of the show last week, his first words were, "She needs a dye job and those extensions are nasty." He then went on to say a few more things, but then concluded with, "She's not ugly, that's for sure". I think his opinion on her looks went up considerably after he moved from her hair to her face and then her breasts and skinny belly.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678