Closed Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 5/31 The Bachelorette Episode Two

Re: 5/31 The Bachelorette Episode Two

After last night I'm not sure if I can or want to renew my Bachelorette fan papers. Ali giggles much too much which is pretty maddening. As for her date with Frank...she has pole vaulted ahead of pretty much any other bachelorette when it comes to seeing how many guys she can kiss within the first 2 weeks of the show. As for Frank, he acts like he either mainlined Red Bull or 5 hour energy drink. As for Chris L., I like him which means he's doomed.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I found that Ali laughed a little too much too but I'll put that down to nervousness and that she's trying way to hard not to hurt anybody's feelings and that she's trying not to let any of the guys feel left out. I think she'll calm down a little as the show progresses and she gets more comfortable with the guys.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3919779;
    I don't know why Ali, after planning dream dates for a few guys with hot cars, wouldn't think to let them drive them--esp. when the car is a shiny new red Ferrari.
    I was thinking the same thing while I was watching, but then, I haven't seen anything from her in either season that would indicate that she isn't completely mean-spirited and self-involved.

And that laugh is wildly annoying.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Newbie

Long-time lurker, first time post. I thought this episode was unbelievably boring. They could have cut it by an hour or a half-hour if they had reduced the OTT drama between Jonathan and Craig to two or three exchanges. The filming also seemed to be much more "soap-opera" than previous seasons. I'm not going to bother to go back and watch it again, but I swear if they didn't have ominous music playing when they showed Craig, it FELT like they did. And meanwhile, Jonathan goes yap yap yap. Over the past several seasons the show has seemed more and more melodramatic and less and less "reality," but this episode was the worst yet. Ali's giggling and shrieking act gets on my nerves after a while, but when she is being serious with a guy, one-on one, she often seems very insightful and empathetic and interesting. I could come to care about who she chooses and to be interested in their story. But this melodramatic style will drive me away if they don't JUST STOP IT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannape;3919628;
    .Plus, she tells weatherman that she won't say anything, and then goes and tells craig, someone called him "dangerous"...duh, it didn't take a genius to figure out who she was talking bout.
    I was not happy with Ali when she did that. Not cool! But then she got rid of Mcdreamy which I didn't expect her to do!!! Okay Ali I forgive you.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919632;
    Why oh why don't they just show the star the footage of what goes on in the house? I think it would be awesome for the star to get to see how the others act amongst themselves. They know they're being televised, so there should be no privacy issue. If I was the Bachelorette, I would DEMAND to see the footage before making my decision.
    Yeah very good question!! And yeah I would demand to see the footage too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919675;
    Tyler V is eliminated. What happened to his forehead, it looks like he was in a fight.
    Yeah I was wondering what happened to his forehead! Did he get into a fight with Mcdreamy? Who won?

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3919692;
    Did anyone else notice that when the car broke down - once it was on an overpass right next to a concrete wall and then it was next to the side of rose with a little patch of grass. Wonder if they pushed it down the road a bit...that was very funny!
    No I didn't notice! I will have to check that out!!! Oh Fliess! You are to much ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3919697;
    No way -- that's so funny! We did catch how they showed Jon with a rose on his lapel before Chris came out to say "final rose" and before Ali actually gave it to him. That was pretty funny too.
    I didn't notice that!!! Bad editing!! OOPS ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3919725;
    I think Justin said that he only told them half the truth, meaning that he didn't lie to them (sounds like he has more than one job) he just omitted the part about being a wrestler, that's not lying in my book.
    Meh it makes me very suspicious of him. I don't trust him. He is hot tho but he still has to go.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 06-01-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3919779;

He's got a horrible edit but he provided a lot of material for the horrible edit. It may be the result of drug abuse.

She glares a lot. I saw it last week even when the conversation wasn't very intense. One of my pet peeves is when people glare for no reason.
    ROFL! This was more than glaring. It looked like she was watching a scary movie and she was watching the intense parts. Like for example, No!! Don't open the door!!! Turn around! He is right behind you! ROFL!

Could Kirk look more like Lance Armstrong?
    I didn't notice that. Kirk is cute.

She sure laughs a lot. I guess that's better than crying a lot.
    ROFL! She was doing more than laughing. She was slurring her words. She seemed really sloshed.

Maybe she meant she wouldn't say who said it. She didn't mention Weatherman as the source. But she could have guessed McDreamy would be able to figure it out.
    Yeah it isn't hard to figure it out.

I was torn between thinking he was being a wuss and liking how he wouldn't satisfy McDreamy with a confession.
    ROFL! Well if he didn't want him to know he did it, he has a very bad poker face. Also Johnathan was sweating! ROFL! So that is a giveaway right there! ROFL!

Props, in any case, to any Weatherman who doesn't feel he has to be called a Meteorologist!
    ROFL!

FORT Regular

sorry if this was already talked about but did anyone notice at the rose cermony before chris come outs to announce the last rose of the night the cameras pan the guys and Jonathon already has his rose?

I noticed that Ali changes depending on the guy she is with. I am not really a Frank fan so I did not enjoy their over the top reactions to everything. With Jesse she was more subdued and didn't mind her as much but I felt she was a little bored with him. I thought she handled Ty's divorce news very well but she was my favorite with Craig M. I hope to see more of that Ali this season. So far I still like her better than Deanna and about even with Jillian.

I like Ali.
    She's not a Diva; doesn't have to look perfect on every date; comes across pretty natural. I cut her some slack because I do think she's very nervous.
    Not sure why people are calling Craig - McDreamy. I didn't find anything attractive about him. He just seemed like an extremely immature 34 year old. And, the weatherman seems gay to me.
    I'm just not sure why someone, with a job like his, would go on a show like this and let himself be shown in such a poor way. I don't think it's going to increase the viewing audience for his show.
    I still love Chris L. What a nice guy.
    Roberto seems like a real nice guy, too.
    I liked Jesse, but he seems pretty boring. He's way cuter than Miichael Phelps, IMO. But, he's got a few too many tats and I think he's too young for Ali, too.
    Someone posted upthread about the weatherman not needing to be called a meterologist.
    The meterologist designation is only given to those who actually have that accreditation. If they do not have it, they are called weathercasters.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3920434;
    Not sure why people are calling Craig - McDreamy. I didn't find anything attractive about him.
    ROFL! Well I call him McDreamy because he looks like Mcdreamy. You know, From Gray's anatomy. So, he looks like Patrick Dempsey.

Closed Thread