Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ali's Bachelorette Blog

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Ali's Bachelorette Blog

Bachelorette Blog: On First Impressions and Faux Pas - PEOPLE TV Watch

FIRST EPISODE: Meet and Greet

Ali Fedotowsky, the 25-year-old advertising account manager from San Francisco and former contestant on The Bachelor is the newest star of Bachelorette. Each week, she will be blogging for PEOPLE.com and sharing her thoughts about the episode that aired the night before. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” Fedotowsky says of the upcoming season. “The real me — the good, bad and the ugly.” In today’s blog, Fedotowsky gives her first impressions of her 25 suitors — and shares why it was tough to let eight men go.

Hi everyone,

What a night! Let me first say that this was the most terrifying and exciting night of my life. I’m sure it is so obvious to all of you that I was unbelievably nervous. Throughout the night I said things that didn’t even make sense.

To Chris L: “Have a good night!” Oh my. Poor guy. It’s like I was saying, “Thanks for coming! See you at the rose ceremony.”

To Jesse: “You’re a what man?” I think he told me his was a “peculiar man” about four times before I actually heard him.

To Roberto, when he told me his name: “You’re going to have to help me with that one.” Really? I couldn’t pronounce Roberto? Pull it together, girl!

To Frank: “Paris is amazing. I’ve never been.” How would I know it was amazing if I’ve never been?

The first guy I met was Chris H. How adorable is he?! I remember thinking, “If 24 more guys like Chris H. get out of these limos, then there is absolutely no way I will be able to let anyone go tonight.” Be careful what you wish for because I met 24 more amazing men that night. Kyle reeled me in, Jonathan N. brought a little sunshine into my life and John C. proposed! I can’t believe all the things they did to get my attention. All I can say is: It worked.

Once I met all of the guys, I was excited to get inside and get to know them. Derrick, I mean Shooter, well, I don’t think I need to explain this one. I hope Derrick’s friends aren’t giving him too hard of a time for telling me that story. He was a good sport. I’m sure many of you are wondering if I didn’t give him a rose because he told me that story. No, that was not the case. I had to let eight guys go and I just didn’t think Shooter was a match for me, regardless of, well, you know.

Next up, the “first impression” rose: I really wanted to make sure that I thought carefully about who received the “first impression” rose. I wanted to give it to a guy that I could see a future with and on the first night, I got that feeling from Roberto. I just felt so comfortable with him and there was an immediate connection. Plus, he is super hot, which didn’t hurt.

All and all, the night went smoothly — up until the ballot box came out. I felt really bad that the guys had to write a name down, but having their advice that night couldn’t be a bad thing.

When Chris read Justin‘s name, I was shocked. Talking with him he seemed so nice and sincere! Justin thought the guys chose him because he is a wrestler, and I honestly feel bad that a few of the guys were making fun of something he loves to do. Okay, an entertainment wrestler isn’t the type of guy I’d normally date, but I commend him for doing what makes him happy regardless of what others think. I decided to keep Justin because he was nothing but nice to me.

Letting eight guys go at the end of the night was hard. In particular, I really would have liked to spend more time with Phil and Jay. They both seem like fun, genuine guys that I would have liked to have gotten to know better.

All in all, it was definitely a crazy first night and that is just the beginning! Until next week …

With love,
    Ali
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Ali's Bachelorette Blog

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: My Best First Date Ever - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ali's Bachelorette Blog, The Bachelorette
    Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: My Best First Date Ever
    June 1, 2010

Ali Fedotowsky, the 25-year-old advertising account manager from San Francisco and former contestant on The Bachelor is the newest star of The Bachelorette. Each week, she will be blogging for PEOPLE.com and sharing her thoughts about the episode that aired the night before. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” Fedotowsky says of the upcoming season. “The real me — the good, bad and the ugly.” In today’s blog, After dismissing eight men last week, Fedotowsky talks about her dates with Frank, the guys in Speedos and more.

My first week of dates! They were so much fun but not at all what I expected. Why? Because dating 17 guys is really hard!

As you know, my first date was with Frank and I can honestly say that it was the most fun I’ve ever had on a first date in my whole life. As soon as Frank got into the car we clicked. He is so easy to talk to and super funny, which is exactly what I have been looking for. I knew he was a good match for me when we were both able to laugh about the fact that our car broke down in the middle of the highway. I could not believe that happened! I’m actually glad it did though because it’s such a fun story to tell. The only downside is that Frank never even tried to fix it! C’mon, Frank! At least try! Luckily the rest of the date went perfectly and by the end of the night, we had made a very strong connection.

Now onto the group date … which was very overwhelming. I’m so glad that we got the chance to do something for charity since giving back is really important to me. However, the photo shoot kept us super busy so it was hard to focus on getting to know the guys. And I still can’t believe the guys put on those Speedos!!! I swear I knew nothing about the outfits before we went on the date and I actually felt bad for the guys, but they were all such great sports. I’m sure they were thrilled once we all put on regular clothes and headed to H Wood in Hollywood. I was really glad that I was able to spend a lot of one-on-one time with the guys at the afterparty. Jonathan warned me about Craig M., but honestly, I already knew something was up with him. I was thankful that Jonathan had my back and let me know about it; otherwise, I would have just been speculating. I didn’t want to address Craig M. about it on the date, though, so I waited until the rose ceremony to confront him.

Before we get to the rose ceremony though, let’s talk Vegas! What an over-the-top date! As many of you know, I am not the most glamorous gal. Therefore I felt a little bit uncomfortable with the A-list service we received that day. You probably noticed that by the end of the night I had kicked off my heels and was running around barefoot. Where were my sneakers when I needed them?

The rose ceremony this week was completely different than last week. I finally felt like myself. I was able to relax and focus all of my attention on getting to know the guys. It was a good thing too because I needed to feel confident going into my conversation with Craig M. I feel bad that he was able to pinpoint Jonathan after I told him that someone called him dangerous. I didn’t realize that Craig would know whom I was talking about. At the end of the night, I felt confident in my decision to let Craig M, Tyler, and Chris H. go. It’s never easy, but I felt a sense of relief knowing that I was one step closer to hopefully finding the love of my life.

Until next time…

xo –Ali Fedotowski
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

So did the person that wrote that really just spell her name wrong at the end??

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3920340;
    HAHA I knew it looked wrong, but I didn't think someone would actually spell it wrong, but alas, they did.

Ha! I thought somebody else had written it before I got to the end. It looks too sterilized and edited.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Fogey

What a hoot! Well, we always suspected that somebody on staff was writing these ridiculous blogs for the leads. Can't deny it now ...
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Its amazing people get paid to do that. Why not just sign it Ali if you're not sure, and you can't take the time to find out, or maybe make sure you know how to spell someone's name if you're going to impersonate them.

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: A Walk (or Two!) to Remember - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ali Fedotowsky, the 25-year-old advertising account manager from San Francisco and former contestant on The Bachelor is now the star of The Bachelorette. Each week, she will share her thoughts about the episode that aired the night before. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” Fedotowsky says of the current season. “The real me — the good, bad and the ugly.” After having the best first date ever and dismissing Craig “Dangerous” McKinnon last week, Ali blogs this week about her high-wire date, Justin’s long walk to her house, kissing in the hot tub and more:

I am a girl who loves adventure. Yes, walking a tightrope 20 stories in the air 100 feet between two buildings seems really scary, but honestly it wasn’t. It was fun! I think I owe that to Roberto. He and I actually salsa danced on the tightrope. We weren’t scared! We were just playing around and enjoying the experience. When we made it to the other side we watched the sunset and then danced while Roberto sang softly into my ear. It was incredibly romantic. Cuddling up with him after dinner felt very natural. For the first time in my life, listening to rap as a kid paid off! Mom, you always said that I didn’t learn anything from that music. I also learned how to say “trátame especial” when I listened to that song as a kid, and I have a feeling Roberto would do just that.

Flying over to the date you hear me say that I don’t want the pilot to go too close to the wires. The reason I was so scared of the wires is that a few days before I started filming the show, I actually had a dream that I was in a helicopter that crashed because it ran into a wire that the pilot didn’t see. I told my producer about this dream and we were both really freaked out because at that moment she told me that I would be taking a helicopter to the tightrope date. Helicopter + wire date = me not being so thrilled while flying that day. Eek! So glad it was just a dream and not a premonition!

The group date this week was a blast! There was a lot of kissing in my scenes which made things really awkward. During my scene with Kirk, I actually asked the guys to leave the room because I wanted to be respectful and not make them feel uncomfortable. I never would have kissed Kirk with all the guys watching. However, I guess some of the guys must have peaked at some point because they obviously saw something. But this was a scene and we were acting — the real kiss came later in the hot tub. Moving on! Don’t you just love the song?!?! After the shoot the Bare Naked Ladies gave me a copy of their new album which was the only CD I had with me on the trip (besides few songs on an iPod). I listened to it a lot throughout this whole adventure and now whenever I listen to it, it reminds me of my experience as the Bachelorette.

My date with Hunter was really difficult for me to figure out. I liked him and he seemed like a great guy but I didn’t feel like we really had any chemistry. When we were grilling things were easy. Who am I kidding? HE was grilling. I cannot cook/grill/bake at all. However, I did carry the lettuce like no one’s business. Ha ha. Besides our lighthearted dinner conversation, everything else seemed unnatural and a little bit awkward. I hated that I had to let Hunter go on this date, but I knew it wasn’t fair to either one of us if I had asked him to stay just because I thought he was a good guy. I will say that I think Hunter’s a catch and I hope he finds a great girl to play his ukulele to.

Meanwhile, I can’t believe all the things Justin was saying to the guys. I had no idea he was dropping hints about coming up to my house without actually telling the guys. Not so cool. I thought he would have just flat out told them that he came to visit me. In fact, I felt so bad when I let that slip to Roberto at the rose ceremony. I really didn’t want to make things harder on Justin, but it looks like he wasn’t being too nice to the guys so I don’t feel as bad anymore.

Separate from the drama at the rose ceremony there was also some fun! You heard Chris L. and I talk about how we like to play flip cup (yes, I still like to play a silly college game every once in awhile), but what you didn’t see is our actual game of flip cup. Chris said he was good so I challenged him right on the spot. Wonder who won? Yup, I did. Sorry to call you out, Chris, but I just had to. Better luck next time. Ha ha.

What a crazy week of dates. My relationships are starting to grow stronger and I am feeling really good at this point. I feel like I could find my husband here! I actually started a journal at the beginning of the show and the very first sentence reads, “This is the story of how I met my husband … ”

Until next time!

XO,
    –Ali Fedotowski

Geesh, apparently ABC/Fleiss hire 14 year old interns who didn't pay attention in school. It was a very painful read.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Does anyone know approx. when these are written ?

Chris H says he writes his blogs about a week before the episode airs. Any idea when the leads have theirs done ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast