Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ali's Bachelorette Blog

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Ali's Bachelorette Blog

TV recaps, spoilers & inside scoop - PEOPLE TV Watch - People.com

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: Finding Love in Portugal
    July 6, 2010

Ali Fedotowsky, a former contestant on The Bachelor, is now the star of The Bachelorette. Each week, she’s sharing her thoughts about the episode that aired the night before. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” she says of her season. After saying goodbye to Craig and catching Justin in a lie, Ali writes in about her dates in Portugal and picking the men whose families she’s going to meet:

I want to start off by saying that I absolutely found love this season. That’s right, I fell in love with Lisbon, Portugal! This city is so much like San Francisco. There is a bridge that crosses the bay that looks exactly like the Golden Gate Bridge. The city is on hills with cable cars taking tourists from one place to another. I felt so at home here. But you’ll have to stay tuned to see if find love a second time!

My date with Roberto was absolutely perfect. We had so much fun taking pictures and being silly. I am a big fan of jumping pics. I was a pro and got Roberto’s jumping pic in one shot but he had a little bit more difficulty. We also shopped around town for the food we brought in the picnic basket to the castle. Roberto really took charge at the shops. Spanish is very close to Portuguese and he was able to speak Spanish with many of the people in town. I loved that he could take care of us. He is so romantic. Dancing in the street was like a fairytale. Honestly, I found myself wondering how Roberto could be so amazing. I have never dated a guy who treated me like Roberto treats me.

During my two-on-one date, I wanted to grab Frank’s hand in the helicopter but I couldn’t because Ty was there. I knew at that moment that my connection with Frank was much stronger than my connection with Ty. Before we went to dinner we danced with medieval dancers. Ty picked up the dance quickly, but Frank was a mess. I hope ABC puts out the deleted scene so you can all see it. Dinner was so awkward. A two-on-one date at this point in our journey is just too much. Frank made it easier by making jokes to lighten the mood. When Frank told me about living at home with his parents, I didn’t mind at all. When you care for someone those trivial things don’t matter.

My date card with Kirk read “once upon a time” for two reasons. First, we had a fairytale date, and second because Kirk often told stories to me that started with “once upon a time,” (this started the night I was sick in New York) so I thought it was perfect. The reason I told Kirk that I thought he wouldn’t think I was good enough in a year is because he told me a lot about his last relationship and why they didn’t work out. The theme of these breakups seemed to be that Kirk couldn’t commit to the girl long term. Yes, he seems really into me as the Bachelorette, but will he still be as interested when I’m just me five years from now? Kirk and I talked a lot about this that night. In fact, Kirk and I are really good at talking about emotions and other serious stuff. I have never been able to have such serious conversation with someone so early in the relationship. Speaking of emotion — the fado music at the end of the night was unbelievably moving and one of the most inspiring moments of my journey.

After my fairytale date, I wanted to have some fun with Chris. I thought he was going to kill me on that scooter! Plus, he was going so slow! I am a gal with a need for speed, which is why I had to take control. I wanted to play on the scooter for a little before we went to the winery. We obviously didn’t drive home. Living in Northern California for the past five years has turned me into quite the wino, so I really loved tasting all the Portuguese wine. I’m really glad that Chris gave me the Dennis bracelet. Now I have a “get out of jail free” pass when I go to visit his family. If they ask a question that is too hard I will just flash the bracelet and get a pass. Actually, from what I know about Chris’s family so far, I don’t think I’ll be needing that pass. I just know they are going to be great!

The rose ceremony was very important because I meet families next week. I honestly wasn’t so sure that I was ready to meet the families of the four guys I chose at the end of this episode. I remember getting really emotional because I didn’t feel ready with everyone. At the end of the day, I knew that Ty and I couldn’t last in the long run. Even though we have a lot of similarities, we have too many differences. The paper I had in my hand when I was walking back in after saying goodbye to Ty was the lyrics to the second half of the song he sang to me back at the first group date on the beach in Malibu (the photoshoot). It such a sweet song and I am sending lots of good thoughts Ty’s way so he does find a great girl to sing this completed song to.

Until hometowns . . .

xo, –Ali Fedotowsky
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: Meet the Parents! - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: Meet the Parents!

July 13, 2010

Each week, Ali Fedotowsky is sharing her thoughts about new episodes of The Bachelorette. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” she says of her season. After saying goodbye to Ty in Porto, Portugal, Ali writes in about her hometown dates and meeting the families of her four remaining suitors:

I want to start off by addressing a few of the comments on last week’s blog (yes, I read them, and thanks for all of the support. I appreciate every word). It seems as though many of you question whether or not I am serious about finding a husband. I don’t really know how to respond to this other than to ask all of you to have faith in me. I am doing my absolute best to make decisions that are right for me and the guys. I am just a normal person, like all of you, that’s trying to find love.

Now onto this week’s episode! I was glad to be back in the U.S. and moving onto hometowns. Don’t get me wrong, I loved traveling. But I missed the little things about home and I was glad to be back after being away for so long. I also need to comment on how many times I said “amazing” in this episode! (Jimmy Kimmel, I know you are going to get a kick out of the count this week). Let’s just say it really was an AMAZING week . Now let’s talk about these dates:

I had the best time on my baseball date with Roberto. We played in the park for a couple of hours and loved every minute of it! I know I say it every episode, but how hot is Roberto?! Especially in that baseball uniform … I am one lucky girl! I was so thrilled when he gave me his Steeple Cats baseball card. The Steeple Cats are a baseball team in the town next to my hometown. How crazy is it that Roberto and I were in the same town in the summer of 2002 when he played for them?!?! Another fun thing about the baseball card is that it has the name of my local newspaper on the back — the North Adams Transcript. It reminded me of all the clippings my mom has kept of me playing soccer from the newspaper over the years.

Roberto’s dad asked me about personal goals and how I would balance that with his son’s goals. I am glad that I answered him honestly and let him know that Roberto and I would share all responsibilities at home and at work. Being part of a marriage where all responsibility is shared equally is very important to me. I really respect Roberto’s dad for asking me tough questions.

A conversation you didn’t see is the one I had with Roberto’s mom, Olga, who is such a sweet, lovely woman. She actually gave me a crystal heart inscribed with the words “Love Never Fails.” My mom gives me similar things, so this gift meant a lot to me. Roberto’s mom also taught me to cook tostones. I don’t cook, but I would definitely be willing to learn for Roberto . The night ended perfectly. Did you see the way his parents salsa danced together? Such chemistry between the two of them. I know I would have a lot of fun with Roberto’s family.

Onto the Cape. The most important part about my visit with Chris is how being at home relaxed him. He was almost a completely different person. I think Chris was really nervous throughout this journey and that’s why we had a hard time connecting. At home in Cape Cod Chris was completely himself. It was so wonderful to see that side of him. I got much closer to him on this date. I loved that it started at the beach during a rainstorm. There is something incredibly romantic about that. I definitely want to be with a person who can go out in a rainstorm with me and just have fun. Even if it means ruining my boots. Oh well, so worth it! Also, how cute is his dog Jetty?

We laughed about the beer in my purse because I actually had a beer in my purse earlier … long story. Also, I want to clear up the story that I told about the bracelet last week. Chris joked with me that it was my “get-out-of-jail-free card.” We thought it was a funny joke. Luckily, I never had to use it. Chris’s dad is an incredible person. I am so grateful to have the chance to get to know him. I love that their family slogan is “love is the only reality.” I think that is especially relevant in this situation.

Next stop, Wisconsin. Kirk‘s dad and stepmother were also great. I know his dad’s basement was a little much for a lot of people, including myself, but I have to respect him for doing what he loves. After I got over the initial shock of all the stuffed animals, I got to sit down and have a really nice chat with Kirk’s dad. He even showed me how to put a deer eye in a foam deer head. If I can’t find a job after the show is over, Kirk’s dad said there is a future for me in taxidermy.

Kirk’s grandma reminded me so much of my grandma. I heart her. My grandma also cared so much that everyone at the table was happy and content before she could even think about eating her food. All the women in Kirk’s life are great. I’m sure they gave him lots of love when he went home.

Last but not least, we take on Chicago! I absolutely love Chicago, so I was really excited that this was my last hometown date. To be honest, this visit was one I was most looking forward to so I was a little bit disappointed when Frank seemed off at the start of our date. But I didn’t think much of it because Frank was always concerned about the process so I just thought he needed reassurance and it would pass. I was surprised to hear Frank say that love is complicated. I’m hoping that my relationship with my husband is the one thing in my life that isn’t complicated. Yes, there will be tough times and we will have to work hard at it, but I never want to wonder if that person is right for me.

You didn’t see my conversation with Frank’s dad. He told me he doesn’t think Frank is ready to be in a committed relationship. I was unsure what to think about those comments, but was grateful that his dad was being completely honest with me. When he first told me this, I thought he was talking about Frank not being financially ready to settle down, but as you can see in the previews, that wasn’t the case. I had a great time with Frank’s family. They are super funny and easy to get along with. I was laughing the entire time I was with them.

It was incredibly difficult for me to say goodbye to Kirk. I didn’t want him to feel like his family had anything to do with my decision. His family was great. Last season when I was on The Bachelor, my dad was at my hometown visit and met Jake but it was never shown on TV. I remember my dad calling me and asking, “Did I do something wrong?” It was so heartbreaking to hear him say that. I don’t want Kirk’s family to feel like they did something wrong. In fact, since I am unable to speak to them, I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for inviting me into their homes. I really enjoyed meeting all of you. You’re a great guy, Kirk. One of the strongest men I have ever known .

Until Tahiti!

xoxo, –Ali Fedotowski

P.S. SANDY and NONE, I got my dress from Alice + Olivia . I saw in the comments that you were asking about it so I just thought I would let you know. I love that dress too!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Ali's Bachelorette Blog: Heartbreak in Tahiti

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: Heartbreak In Tahiti - PEOPLE TV Watch

July 20, 2010

Each week, Ali Fedotowsky is sharing her thoughts about new episodes of The Bachelorette. “You’re going to see me get mad, cry, be happy, stressed out,” she says of her season. After visiting the families of the final four men and saying goodbye to Kirk last week, Ali writes in about her heartbreaking trip to Tahiti and the two “unbelievable” guys, Roberto and Chris, who are still on the show:

I want to start off by saying thank you so very much for all the wonderful comments on last week’s blog. I really enjoyed reading all of them. Thank you SOPHIE C, PATTIE, MADDI, JENNIFER, MEGAN PA, KATIE, JON, ERIN, KATHY ROBERTS, JOHNETTE, ANDY, CHERYL RYAN, DENISE C, CHRISTINA, CELIA, EMILY, JANIS, KRISTEN ASHLEY, JUSTSOMETHINGBORROWED, KATHLEEN FLANAGAN, MICHELE, and many more!

Now let’s talk about these dates. We made it to Tahiti … finally! I cannot even tell you how long I have wanted to go to Tahiti. I am so very grateful for everything.

I was so glad my first date was with Roberto. He can make even the most ordinary place seem romantic, so I couldn’t even imagine how wonderful our time in Tahiti was going to be. I felt so bad for him though, because he was always sweating! Poor guy. You’ll notice that in one of his interviews he is holding a hand towel. He carried that thing around because he was so sweaty. It was super hot in Tahiti.

When Roberto and I flew over the heart shaped lagoon I could not believe how beautiful it was. I couldn’t help but giggle when I watched our date on TV because you’re literally shown about 60 seconds of me and Roberto making out. I swear we talked in between those moments. I said three or four words at least. Ha! Sometimes nothing needs to be said … you just know there is a connection. But in all seriousness, we did have some really great conversations on our date. Roberto is truly a wonderful man.

I could not wait to get some alone time with Roberto during our overnight date. Something really funny actually happened that night. It was about 4 a.m. (we were up all night talking) and all the power in our hut went out. We decided to stay in the hut anyway until the temperature climbed to about 100 degrees. We were dying of heat! So at 5 a.m., we snuck out of the fantasy suite and went back to my personal hut on the island. I remember trying to dodge the resort staff 007-style because we weren’t supposed to leave the room. Once we got to my room, Roberto was a little bit shocked to see how messy it was. Seriously, you could barely see the floor! Ha. My only excuse was that I threw everything around trying to find the perfect outfit for our date together.

My date with Chris was full of excitement. First of all, how cool was it that we found pearls? It was unbelievable. We also went fishing during our date. The fish count: Ali 2, Chris 0. I totally kicked his butt. First flip cup and now fishing. Time to step it up, Chris! But Chris definitely wins in the swimming department. I am not a strong swimmer at all. In fact, I tend to sink like a rock. Chris was carrying me to shore because I honestly wouldn’t have made it otherwise. Once we got to shore, we cooked the fish we caught. I remember taking the machete we had and trying to filet the fish myself. I ended up cutting my finger and Chris took really good care of me.

It was so great when Chris opened up at dinner. I wasn’t expecting that from him. Since our relationship did develop a little bit slower, I thought maybe it would take awhile for him to open further. I was so glad that he could express himself in this setting. I also love that our date was both romantic and fun. We had sweet moments and were able to laugh and joke around, too. Chris is such a great guy.

At the end of the night, we got to do fire-dancing with Polynesian dancers that came over to our private island. When Chris first saw the fire dancers, he asked if he was going to have to wrestle someone again (like in Turkey). Ha! It was really funny. Leave it to Chris to make me laugh.

Now onto the biggest shock of the season for me — Frank leaving. I don’t even know where to begin when trying to explain how I felt when this all went down. I guess I will start by saying that I did not expect it at all. Back in Iceland, I asked Frank about his ex girlfriends. I told him that I could sense that he was not over his ex, so I asked if he still had feeling for the ex that went to Paris with him. He told me that he did not have feelings for her anymore and we moved passed it. My instincts were dead on. I just didn’t have the right ex. I really wish that Frank had been more honest with me. This wasn’t the only time I gave him a chance to be honest. In Turkey, after Justin left, I went up to the guys’ suite, looked each of them in the eye and told them that if any of them had someone back home this was their chance to say something. I flat out asked everyone. Frank said nothing. If Frank has found love, then I really want to be happy for him. However, I have a hard time excusing what he did to me when I gave him so many chances to be honest.

I remember talking with the producers the night before my date with Frank. He and I were supposed to go sailing but something happened last minute with the boat and they had to plan a different activity. I was so upset because I wanted Frank to have an amazing date and didn’t want to take anything away from him. The producers and I were finally able to find another boat for Frank and I to go sailing on. Unfortunately, after all that work, it turned out that we didn’t really need it.

When I first saw Frank I thought maybe he was feeling unsure about the other guys again and that I had to reassure him again. Then I thought maybe something tragic happened and I was super worried for him. I quickly realized that Frank was leaving. I was heartbroken.

After Frank left, I felt defeated. Don’t get me wrong, I was very well aware that I had two unbelievable men left, but I couldn’t help but think that my journey as the Bachelorette wasn’t going to work out. This was not because I thought Frank was the guy for me, but because this was the second guy to leave the show for a girl back home. I remember thinking, “First Justin, now Frank. Who’s next? Can this really work for me?” In addition to that, I didn’t want the last two guys to think they were there by default. I think this was especially emotional for me because it has happened to me before in the past. A guy that I once really cared about left me for an ex.

In the end, Frank and I are both better off after what happened. I really cared for him and I always will.
    I really loved the rose ceremony during this episode. It was so carefree and happy. No stress like all of the previous ceremonies. Chris Harrison was sweating so badly under his jacket during our talk before the ceremony. I remember joking with him about how it was payback since I had to wear a dress during the first rose ceremony when it was freezing outside. Speaking of Chris, I want to take a second to say how much I appreciate him. He was really there for me when I needed him this week and I really can’t thank him enough for that.

And finally, I just want to comment on how lucky I am to have Chris and Roberto left. I am truly blessed.

Until Bora Bora…
    xo, –Ali Fedotowsky

P.S. Seriously, what was up with me attacking that coconut at the end of the episode? Ha ha ha. I guess I just really wanted to open it. Maybe I was thirsty? If I didn’t scare Roberto away with that, then I think he is a keeper.

P.P.S. SANDRA, OBSERVATION, and CELEBRITY, I do write this blog each week, not ABC. I am very adamant about writing every single word. DUDE was right when he said that BOB D’AMICO/ABC is the man who took that photo of me. It is the photo credit

P.P.P.S. ANNE and LISA, I swear I am working on the hair thing GENEVA, the flats I wore on Kirk’s hometown are Brass Plum. I love them because they are stylish yet comfortable. DIANA and CHELSEA, my boots from Chris’s hometown are Miz Mooz boots.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: All About My Search for Love - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ali's Bachelorette Blog: All About My Search For Love

Each week, Ali Fedotowsky has shared her thoughts about her search for love on The Bachelorette. After getting heartbreaking news in Tahiti and then handing out roses to Roberto and Chris two weeks ago, Ali made her big decision on Monday’s episode. In her final blog post, Ali reflects on her journey, Chris, Roberto and her future. Warning: Spoilers ahead!

I want to start off by saying thank you. This whole experience has been unbelievable and I am so grateful for all the support I have received from all of you. Now that the show has finished, I promise to keep in touch with all of you on my Facebook and Twitter pages. I actually can’t wait to respond to everyone! It’s fun sharing this wonderful experience with others.

Honestly, all week I have been thinking about what I should write in this blog. How could I possibly put into words how I was feeling during this episode?! After much thought, I decided to call on the one person I knew could help me — Roberto. When I asked him, he said, “Start from the beginning. Tell our love story.” So that’s exactly what I am going to do! Instead of just giving you my thoughts on the finale, I am going to start at the beginning. I won’t be able to share everything, but I just want to share little things that made me fall in love with him along the way. But before I do that, let me say a few last things about another wonderful man — Chris.

Chris is one of the most wonderful men I have ever known. He handles himself in such a way that you can’t help but be drawn to him. My family absolutely loved him, and they really loved that he was from Massachusetts. In fact, they pretty much loved everything about Chris! We all agreed that he is super fun and a guy that would make a great life partner, but in the end, I had to say goodbye to Chris. As hard at it was, I knew it was the right thing to do. My heart was with Roberto and I knew nothing could change that. I know Chris will find an incredible woman to share his life with. I wish him all the happiness in the world!

I want to take a moment to say that I do not discount any of the other relationships I had along the way. I needed to go through this experience and explore each relationship to its fullest to really figure out what guy was right for me. I value and cherish each relationship that I had along the way and cannot thank all of the guys enough for being there for me. I had special moments with each guy throughout this journey that you may have not seen; however, now is the time for me to tell you about those moments with Roberto.

Now I finally have my chance to tell my love story with Roberto. Yay! The very first night that he stepped out of the limo, I felt this unbelievable connection. When I sat down with my producer Cassie to decide who I wanted to give the first impression rose to, I told her that I had to give it to Roberto because I felt in my heart that he was the one for me. It is so funny to think back to that night now and to remember how strong our connection was. I couldn’t explain it at the time, but now I know it couldn’t have been anything other than love at first sight. Chris’s dad actually told me that when his wife first saw him she said, “That is the man I am going to marry.” I had a similar experience with Roberto. Such a blessing!

As you remember, I did not have a date with Roberto the first week. I wanted to SO badly, but I knew that I was going to keep Roberto around for a long time; therefore, I knew that I could wait. I’m so glad I was patient because our first date the following week was perfect.

After the rose ceremonies, I would often wait in the hallway area for my ride home. One time, I fell asleep for a moment on the steps while waiting, and Roberto came down to kiss me on the forehead and say goodnight before I was brought back home. I’ll never forget that. Also, every time I saw Roberto he told me a Spanish word of the day. Some of the words were: incredible, adventure, smile, strength, adorable, dedicated and love. I will leave it to Roberto to translate. I’m still learning! Actually, since the show finished, I went out and bought Rosetta Stone so I can learn Spanish. Spanish is a huge part of Roberto’s life so it is really important to me that learn to speak it. Check in with me in six months and ask me how I’m doing!

Lion King was another one of those unforgettable experiences for us. I truly belie that I could not have done that with any of the other guys. Roberto’s calm confidence helped me get through it.

You didn’t get to see much of us in Iceland. Our time at the Blue Lagoon was unbelievably romantic. I saved a special cave within the Lagoon for our one-on-one time, and things certainly got steamy in there!

Our relationship continued to grow in Turkey and Portugal. I especially remember not wanting to leave him after our date in Lisbon. Dancing in the street with Roberto seems like something you only see in the movies; however, that is life for us! Since the show has ended, we have had secret rendezvous together. During those visits, Roberto will spin me around in the living room and just start dancing with me. He is every bit as romantic at home as he was in Lisbon. I cherish that about him.

I was by far the most nervous visiting Roberto’s family, just because I really wanted to make a good impression. Roberto’s parents have such a lovely marriage. We will truly be lucky if our relationship is as successful as theirs. You didn’t see much of his brother Pete, his brother’s fiancée Christen, and his sitter Olga; however, they are all just as sweet and caring as Roberto. I am really lucky that I get to be a part of his family. They are wonderful!

Now onto Tahiti! During dinner in Le Taha’a, Roberto and I really wanted to be close to each other. I actually have a picture of us kissing while the audio crew was putting our microphones on us. I’ll have to post it to my Facebook Fan Page sometime so you can see it. It’s so cute! We really couldn’t keep our hands off each other! As I noted in my blog two weeks ago, Roberto and I had some funny experiences during our overnight date. Besides that, we stayed up all night talking. I remember not wanting the night to end. I just kept my iPod on repeat and listened to some of my favorite love songs with him all night. One song that I loved in particular was “Halo” by Beyoncé. I remember listening to that song while watching him sleep and thinking, “I have finally found my angel.”

My family absolutely adores Roberto. I love that when my dad gave him permission to propose to me he said, “I don’t see a problem with that.” Ha ha ha. That is classic Daddy Fedotowsky. He cracks me up. That was his way of trying to hide his excitement. My mom told me that during Roberto’s visit she was watching him talk to my sister and brother outside and it brought her to tears because she felt in her heart that she was looking at her future son-in-law. A mother’s intuition is never wrong. I actually think we should do a poll after watching the finale. Instead of asking, “Who will Ali choose?” let’s ask, “Whose family is better at salsa? Ali’s family or Roberto’s family?” Tough choice I know. Ha ha.

I was positive my feelings for Roberto were unbreakable once we had our final date. It was perfect. We experienced some thrills (jet skiing and sting rays) and a lot of romance (how amazing with the rain?!?!). The reason I didn’t tell Roberto that I loved him back at the end of our date is because I hadn’t said goodbye to Chris yet, and I felt it wasn’t right for me to tell Roberto I loved him when I couldn’t give him my whole heart yet. However, in time, I was able to tell him exactly how I felt. His proposal to me is the most beautiful thing I could possibly imagine. I actually remember saying to a friend that if I was proposed to on the show it would just be a temporary proposal, and that I would want the guy to propose again out in the “real world.” Wow, do I feel differently now. Roberto’s proposal couldn’t have been more real or special. I wouldn’t ever want anything other than exactly how he asked me. Every word he said came from his heart, and I feel so blessed that he said those words to me. After Roberto and I saw the proposal for the first time at the After the Final Rose taping, we went home and watched it about 10 more times that night. After re-watching it so many times, we promised each other that whenever we get in a fight, we are going to pop the finale in the DVD player and remember that moment. So glad we have that on film.

And finally, I realize that many of you are skeptical of relationships that come out of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette experience, and I am not asking you to feel any different about what I have found. But what I do want to say is this: I have found a love that is stronger than I ever thought was possible. Since the show finished filming, I have fallen even more in love with Roberto. Will we last the test of time? I cannot answer that for you. All I can say is that we will work on our relationship every day, and no matter what we do in our lives, we will always make our relationship our first priority. Roberto is the strongest man I have ever known, and I want spend every day of my life striving to be the best woman I can be for him. I have faith in our relationship. I love him. I cherish him. I am so very thankful to have found him.
    Until … the wedding!
    xo,
    –Ali Fedotowsky

Ali’s Bachelorette Blog: All About My Search for Love - PEOPLE TV Watch

Ali's Bachelorette Blog: All About My Search For Love

Each week, Ali Fedotowsky has shared her thoughts about her search for love on The Bachelorette. After getting heartbreaking news in Tahiti and then handing out roses to Roberto and Chris two weeks ago, Ali made her big decision on Monday’s episode. In her final blog post, Ali reflects on her journey, Chris, Roberto and her future. Warning: Spoilers ahead!

I want to start off by saying thank you. This whole experience has been unbelievable and I am so grateful for all the support I have received from all of you. Now that the show has finished, I promise to keep in touch with all of you on my Facebook and Twitter pages. I actually can’t wait to respond to everyone! It’s fun sharing this wonderful experience with others.

Honestly, all week I have been thinking about what I should write in this blog. How could I possibly put into words how I was feeling during this episode?! After much thought, I decided to call on the one person I knew could help me — Roberto. When I asked him, he said, “Start from the beginning. Tell our love story.” So that’s exactly what I am going to do! Instead of just giving you my thoughts on the finale, I am going to start at the beginning. I won’t be able to share everything, but I just want to share little things that made me fall in love with him along the way. But before I do that, let me say a few last things about another wonderful man — Chris.

Chris is one of the most wonderful men I have ever known. He handles himself in such a way that you can’t help but be drawn to him. My family absolutely loved him, and they really loved that he was from Massachusetts. In fact, they pretty much loved everything about Chris! We all agreed that he is super fun and a guy that would make a great life partner, but in the end, I had to say goodbye to Chris. As hard at it was, I knew it was the right thing to do. My heart was with Roberto and I knew nothing could change that. I know Chris will find an incredible woman to share his life with. I wish him all the happiness in the world!

I want to take a moment to say that I do not discount any of the other relationships I had along the way. I needed to go through this experience and explore each relationship to its fullest to really figure out what guy was right for me. I value and cherish each relationship that I had along the way and cannot thank all of the guys enough for being there for me. I had special moments with each guy throughout this journey that you may have not seen; however, now is the time for me to tell you about those moments with Roberto.

Now I finally have my chance to tell my love story with Roberto. Yay! The very first night that he stepped out of the limo, I felt this unbelievable connection. When I sat down with my producer Cassie to decide who I wanted to give the first impression rose to, I told her that I had to give it to Roberto because I felt in my heart that he was the one for me. It is so funny to think back to that night now and to remember how strong our connection was. I couldn’t explain it at the time, but now I know it couldn’t have been anything other than love at first sight. Chris’s dad actually told me that when his wife first saw him she said, “That is the man I am going to marry.” I had a similar experience with Roberto. Such a blessing!

As you remember, I did not have a date with Roberto the first week. I wanted to SO badly, but I knew that I was going to keep Roberto around for a long time; therefore, I knew that I could wait. I’m so glad I was patient because our first date the following week was perfect.

After the rose ceremonies, I would often wait in the hallway area for my ride home. One time, I fell asleep for a moment on the steps while waiting, and Roberto came down to kiss me on the forehead and say goodnight before I was brought back home. I’ll never forget that. Also, every time I saw Roberto he told me a Spanish word of the day. Some of the words were: incredible, adventure, smile, strength, adorable, dedicated and love. I will leave it to Roberto to translate. I’m still learning! Actually, since the show finished, I went out and bought Rosetta Stone so I can learn Spanish. Spanish is a huge part of Roberto’s life so it is really important to me that learn to speak it. Check in with me in six months and ask me how I’m doing!

Lion King was another one of those unforgettable experiences for us. I truly belie that I could not have done that with any of the other guys. Roberto’s calm confidence helped me get through it.

You didn’t get to see much of us in Iceland. Our time at the Blue Lagoon was unbelievably romantic. I saved a special cave within the Lagoon for our one-on-one time, and things certainly got steamy in there!

Our relationship continued to grow in Turkey and Portugal. I especially remember not wanting to leave him after our date in Lisbon. Dancing in the street with Roberto seems like something you only see in the movies; however, that is life for us! Since the show has ended, we have had secret rendezvous together. During those visits, Roberto will spin me around in the living room and just start dancing with me. He is every bit as romantic at home as he was in Lisbon. I cherish that about him.

I was by far the most nervous visiting Roberto’s family, just because I really wanted to make a good impression. Roberto’s parents have such a lovely marriage. We will truly be lucky if our relationship is as successful as theirs. You didn’t see much of his brother Pete, his brother’s fiancée Christen, and his sitter Olga; however, they are all just as sweet and caring as Roberto. I am really lucky that I get to be a part of his family. They are wonderful!

Now onto Tahiti! During dinner in Le Taha’a, Roberto and I really wanted to be close to each other. I actually have a picture of us kissing while the audio crew was putting our microphones on us. I’ll have to post it to my Facebook Fan Page sometime so you can see it. It’s so cute! We really couldn’t keep our hands off each other! As I noted in my blog two weeks ago, Roberto and I had some funny experiences during our overnight date. Besides that, we stayed up all night talking. I remember not wanting the night to end. I just kept my iPod on repeat and listened to some of my favorite love songs with him all night. One song that I loved in particular was “Halo” by Beyoncé. I remember listening to that song while watching him sleep and thinking, “I have finally found my angel.”

My family absolutely adores Roberto. I love that when my dad gave him permission to propose to me he said, “I don’t see a problem with that.” Ha ha ha. That is classic Daddy Fedotowsky. He cracks me up. That was his way of trying to hide his excitement. My mom told me that during Roberto’s visit she was watching him talk to my sister and brother outside and it brought her to tears because she felt in her heart that she was looking at her future son-in-law. A mother’s intuition is never wrong. I actually think we should do a poll after watching the finale. Instead of asking, “Who will Ali choose?” let’s ask, “Whose family is better at salsa? Ali’s family or Roberto’s family?” Tough choice I know. Ha ha.

I was positive my feelings for Roberto were unbreakable once we had our final date. It was perfect. We experienced some thrills (jet skiing and sting rays) and a lot of romance (how amazing with the rain?!?!). The reason I didn’t tell Roberto that I loved him back at the end of our date is because I hadn’t said goodbye to Chris yet, and I felt it wasn’t right for me to tell Roberto I loved him when I couldn’t give him my whole heart yet. However, in time, I was able to tell him exactly how I felt. His proposal to me is the most beautiful thing I could possibly imagine. I actually remember saying to a friend that if I was proposed to on the show it would just be a temporary proposal, and that I would want the guy to propose again out in the “real world.” Wow, do I feel differently now. Roberto’s proposal couldn’t have been more real or special. I wouldn’t ever want anything other than exactly how he asked me. Every word he said came from his heart, and I feel so blessed that he said those words to me. After Roberto and I saw the proposal for the first time at the After the Final Rose taping, we went home and watched it about 10 more times that night. After re-watching it so many times, we promised each other that whenever we get in a fight, we are going to pop the finale in the DVD player and remember that moment. So glad we have that on film.

And finally, I realize that many of you are skeptical of relationships that come out of The Bachelor and The Bachelorette experience, and I am not asking you to feel any different about what I have found. But what I do want to say is this: I have found a love that is stronger than I ever thought was possible. Since the show finished filming, I have fallen even more in love with Roberto. Will we last the test of time? I cannot answer that for you. All I can say is that we will work on our relationship every day, and no matter what we do in our lives, we will always make our relationship our first priority. Roberto is the strongest man I have ever known, and I want spend every day of my life striving to be the best woman I can be for him. I have faith in our relationship. I love him. I cherish him. I am so very thankful to have found him.
    Until … the wedding!
    xo,
    –Ali Fedotowsky

FORT Regular

She sounds very level headed and grounded.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123