Closed Thread
Page 9 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Norealityhere,
    I agree, I wish he would've had a different response. I'm cutting him some slack though because there are so many times in life I wish I myself would've responded differently to someone's comment. I believe he didn't think about complimenting Ali because his mind was still trying to absorb the compliment she'd just given him -- trying to make that mesh with his own opinion of himself as "not that hot". I think the conversation took him by surprise so he wasn't real swift with the comeback.

I wish he would ask Ali a few more questions about herself, or discuss not just his feelings but Ali's feelings in a P.I.

I dunno, I suppose it's possible he could be a faker like Jackie thinks, but I'm not quite convinced of that yet. I sense a bit of ego, which is probably a result of a successful academic career and successful athletic career. Let's face it, starting his own business at 26 after having been drafted by two pro baseball teams and graduating from college and learning 4 languages -- he's NOT a slacker! People who work hard know when they've achieved well.

It would be extremely interesting to know his dating history. Was he a workaholic in college? Or was he a player? Has he had long-term relationships? If not, is it because he's too shy, or because he got around? We just don't know. And for some reason, the producers aren't telling us!

At the end of Episode 6 they showed the previews for next week, and it has Roberto doing some salsa-type moves with Ali. It looks hot! Now I would venture to say that a guy who can dance like that has probably had a date or two in his time...

I still think the only thing wrong with Roberto is that . . . he's competing on this show! And that's a big wrong :nono

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3957373;
    I wish he would ask Ali a few more questions about herself, or discuss not just his feelings but Ali's feelings in a P.I.
    Excerpted your post for brevity's sake, because I wanted to comment on this specifically. I'm guessing he has asked her more questions and talked about her feelings more in interviews. I think they're just not showing it to us. Remember on the very first night, he was the one asking her something like what did she want out of life. He was one of the few or the only one to ask her any such thing right off the bat (episode is hazy now, and I can't remember). I don't think he'd go from asking a question like that up front to nothing at all.

For whatever reason, they just aren't showing much of anything that isn't related to what the man looks like. Which is silly and frankly a little sexist, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3957467;
    Excerpted your post for brevity's sake, because I wanted to comment on this specifically. I'm guessing he has asked her more questions and talked about her feelings more in interviews. I think they're just not showing it to us. Remember on the very first night, he was the one asking her something like what did she want out of life. He was one of the few or the only one to ask her any such thing right off the bat (episode is hazy now, and I can't remember). I don't think he'd go from asking a question like that up front to nothing at all.

For whatever reason, they just aren't showing much of anything that isn't related to what the man looks like. Which is silly and frankly a little sexist, IMO.
    ITA. When Ali asked Roberto if he would approach her in real life, his answer really didn't make a lot of sense. He said he was shy, but I think the first part was cut out. I think it is sad that they are leaving a lot of Roberto's conversations with Ali out. WE KNOW HE IS HOT

Quote Originally Posted by tinks;3957515;
    ITA. When Ali asked Roberto if he would approach her in real life, his answer really didn't make a lot of sense. He said he was shy, but I think the first part was cut out. I think it is sad that they are leaving a lot of Roberto's conversations with Ali out. WE KNOW HE IS HOT
    I think all they're doing (and it has worked with some viewers) is portraying him as "the good looking one" and trying to make it seem like there isn't much else to him.

What I find disgusting is the fact that if roles were reversed and this was a woman on the show that was being edited like this (i.e. not much of anything shown except comments about her looks), there would be screaming from the rooftops about how sexist it is. But because he's a guy, no such massive outcry. Not right, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3957590;
    I think all they're doing (and it has worked with some viewers) is portraying him as "the good looking one" and trying to make it seem like there isn't much else to him.

What I find disgusting is the fact that if roles were reversed and this was a woman on the show that was being edited like this (i.e. not much of anything shown except comments about her looks), there would be screaming from the rooftops about how sexist it is. But because he's a guy, no such massive outcry. Not right, IMO.
    I think the producers decide who THEY want the viewers to gravitate to and who not to gravitate to. Obviously they're doing their darnest to make Roberto somewhat aloof so that viewers won't get to know him well. It hasn't worked on me though because he's the one I look forward to seeing every week even if just for the couple of minutes they've been showing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3959346;
    I think the producers decide who THEY want the viewers to gravitate to and who not to gravitate to. Obviously they're doing their darnest to make Roberto somewhat aloof so that viewers won't get to know him well. It hasn't worked on me though because he's the one I look forward to seeing every week even if just for the couple of minutes they've been showing him.
    Right, for some reason the edit is not focusing on Roberto right now, but it does not matter to me either. He is the only guy on the show I have any interest in.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3957104;
    I like Roberto a lot. He seems like a very sweet guy.
    However, I did not like that he didn't try to bolster Ali's ego when she told him how hot he was.
    To me, if the like has any feelings for you, he's going to say how how hot / good looking you are. He's not going to respond, "I'm not that hot."
    I understand your comment, but for me his response made me respect him even more. He didn't get into boosting her ego--that isn't his job in a relationship. He continues to show her positive attention and holds interest in her. She needs to gather her confidence and rise to that level. Something tells me that he is wise enough to know that if she sincerely doesn't think she is on his level, then he won't waste his time convincing her. By doubting him in any way, it's actually an insult to his sincerity and integrity as I see it, and I think he would feel the same.

What I find is seeing those 2 together up in the air while performing on the
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

I'm completely infatuated with Roberto! Loved the dancing in the street. He seems a little boring, which could be because either he IS boring, or because he's been slow to open up and converse. Either way, he does appear to be a doting man who is generous with his love.

But I find it very odd that Ali just wants to look at him or kiss him, and doesn't even want to converse with him about HERself or HIS self. No conversations about who they are, what they like, what they are working toward in each of their lives?

How is it possible that Roberto has never dated anyone like Ali before? Maybe he meant he's never dated anyone that empty-headed before?

Closed Thread