Closed Thread
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4040320;
    I tend to agree Alanna, but also think last 2 weeks would have been more emotionally intense if F2 was Frank instead of Chris. I remember Ali saying she had a really great FD planned w/ Frank. So just playing devil's advocate, what if that day/night had gone really well - he wasn't closed off or distracted, and really shared his feelings for her? His quirkiness appealed to her and he was more the type she saw herself with.

As crazy as she was for Roberto, she thought she wasn't good enough for him. A few times she said things to him like: "I would've never walked up to you, would have thought you're too hot for me" and "what kind of girl did you typically date" in the context of 'I think I'm outside that box of the type of girl you usually go for'.

So I wonder too if what CH was blogging about during the season was the fact that she was so into Roberto but always insecure about whether it would be reciprocated.. but then when Frank left it forced her to take the risk with Roberto. I don't think she ever thought seriously of Chris as F1.

Hopefully they continue to be open with one another & Roberto reinforces his feelings for her all the time, as I could imagine her insecurities creeping in to their real world relationship.
    First bold- I agree we don't know what would have happened if Frank had stayed. I'm sure Ali and Roberto (and their fans) would like to think that nothing would have changed but we don't really know if she would have taken that leap of faith with Roberto at the end if her safe choice, Frank, was still in the picture. It really doesn't matter now though; whatever protective force field that got her away from Jake also protected her from Frank and took her straight to the right guy. Lucky girl.

Second bold- I think her insecurities will be kept in check by Roberto's natural desire to nurture her. It's not a burden for him when she gets needy and whiny, he WANTS to take care of her. Just look at their progression of helicopter rides this season. The first one, she's trying to throw herself out of the doors in mid-air pretty much to get his maximum attention and affection going. She's mostly fine in Tahiti and then just settles in his arms quietly with absolutely no drama when going to Catalina. She knows he's going to be affectionate with her anyway so no need to act like she's a few fries short of a happy meal.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4039826;
    Aww thanks so much for the sweet comments ya'll!

mom2brieandbray, how about this?

Thank you Sanlee for my first FORT avatar!

sanlee you are awesome.. thank you so much, I just found your reply to me.. i am changing mine now
    I am on team Love

emusha....loved your video! The lyrics are so beautiful.

sanlee...love the photo frame!

From twitter:

ChelseaLaurenLA Laguna Beach tonight, then Bachelorette photoshoot with Ali and Roberto for @okmagazine in San Diego in the AM.
    Under bio, it says she is a photographer for WireImage, Getty Images, and FilmMagic. So maybe we will get to see the pics if they are uploaded to those sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4040441;
    First bold- I agree we don't know what would have happened if Frank had stayed. I'm sure Ali and Roberto (and their fans) would like to think that nothing would have changed but we don't really know if she would have taken that leap of faith with Roberto at the end if her safe choice, Frank, was still in the picture. It really doesn't matter now though; whatever protective force field that got her away from Jake also protected her from Frank and took her straight to the right guy. Lucky girl.

I think her insecurities will be kept in check by Roberto's natural desire to nurture her. It's not a burden for him when she gets needy and whiny, he WANTS to take care of her.
    I'm taking Ali at her word, she has mentioned the journal a few times and I don't know how she could lie about what she wrote in it throughout taping (Frank's not the one, he'd hurt me) while sitting right next to Roberto. It doesn't sound like she ever considered Frank a safe landing. I think she plans to keep the journal forever because it holds all her memories (she started it by writing "this is the story of how I met my husband..."), so lying about what's inside it would be a really foolish thing to do.

Re: Bolded: Exactly! And I think he's able to appreciate her independent and strong side too. Not every mama's boy wants a wife exactly like mama. She really needs to learn how to cook though, the helpless woman in the kitchen act annoys me (same for the helpless man in the kitchen act, I like that she said they could take cooking classes together).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4040144;
    Portugal one, you have to look good, she try to hide it. After the MTP, you could see it good there. They didn't deny it, did they.
    I'm new, so help me here. What is MTP and where in Portugal? On the steps? After he said he had never been with anyone like her?

MTP=meet the parents, portugal refers to thier date in like epi 6 or7 where they were together and she gave him a open mouth kiss

i hope that helps a little
    I am on team Love

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mom2brieandbray;4040806;
    MTP=meet the parents, portugal refers to thier date in like epi 6 or7 where they were together and she gave him a open mouth kiss

i hope that helps a little
    Thanks Mom2B&B.

I don't remember a deep kiss in Portugal. Was this on the date to the castle?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eholmes;4040812;
    Thanks Mom2B&B.

I don't remember a deep kiss in Portugal. Was this on the date to the castle?
    It happened while Roberto was saying " I am so lucky" while holding his glass of wine and Ali pull him in for the kiss (when they were sitting at the steps)

ETA: I believe cupcakes make a playable image in the Roberto thread not long after the ep.

Quote Originally Posted by TandAfan07;4040817;
    It happened while Roberto was saying " I am so lucky" while holding his glass of wine and Ali pull him in for the kiss (when they were sitting at the steps)
    Another passionate kiss occurred while Ali and Roberto were sitting on the sofa in Portugal that night. You can see it during the credits after Roberto's proposal.

Closed Thread