Closed Thread
Page 74 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2464656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4040179;
    So cool! I wonder if that one was one of the job interviews she went on last week. Fantastic cause, glad to see her associated with something that is so important to helping women take control of their lives and get a fresh start.

She looks incredibly pretty in the gettyimages posted tonight.
    I'm not sure if it's a job. More likely that she's going to be volunteering her services to the local branch of the organization. She said that she wants to use her success from the show to benefit charities and this is probably one. BTW, I'm with you Terabithia on some of the post from people on Ali's FB. Ali's trying to ignore tabloids and people are bringing them up and begging her to tell them they aren't true and giving major unsolicited advice. I wish I was her publicist and could screen that stuff out so she could see only positivity on her page. But, I've seen pages far worse where people post like Kim Kardashian. You jus have to develp thick skin and good ability to skim over negative post. It's nature of beats unfortunately and she has Roberto as her rock to keep her focused and priority on them. I just keep sending positivity, it will kill negativity eventually. imho

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4040183;
    BTW, I'm with you Terabithia on some of the post from people on Ali's FB. Ali's trying to ignore tabloids and people are bringing them up and begging her to tell them they aren't true and giving major unsolicited advice. I wish I was her publicist and could screen that stuff out so she could see only positivity on her page. But, I've seen pages far worse where people post like Kim Kardashian. You jus have to develp thick skin and good ability to skim over negative post. It's nature of beats unfortunately and she has Roberto as her rock to keep her focused and priority on them. I just keep sending positivity, it will kill negativity eventually.
    Noooo kidding. I can't fathom how people think it's helpful and supportive to say, "Please tell us the rumors aren't true!" for the 10th time that day.

All the preachy religious stuff gets on my last nerve too. She has her own personal beliefs and there's no way he would have pledged himself to her if he had a problem with her beliefs. So people saying she needs to find Jesus to make her relationship last with Roberto make me want to scream. How rude and assuming! They're talking like she's a heathen who needs to be saved to deserve the love of a good man. Gah! Yes, this really bothers me, I need to relax. (Part of why it bothers me is that she has worn tags similar to Roberto's with crosses on them, which is something of a clue.)

If she is on DWTS she's going to get a bleepstorm of comments from fans who tell her it's a mistake, it's proof she isn't serious about Roberto, etc. sigh. But you're right, comes with the territory and I shouldn't act like she's a little kid who needs my protection. She gets more than enough of that protection from Roberto I'm sure.

After reading my rant above I realize I need to stop reading her comments on FB. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4040183;
    I'm not sure if it's a job. More likely that she's going to be volunteering her services to the local branch of the organization. She said that she wants to use her success from the show to benefit charities and this is probably one. BTW, I'm with you Terabithia on some of the post from people on Ali's FB. Ali's trying to ignore tabloids and people are bringing them up and begging her to tell them they aren't true and giving major unsolicited advice. I wish I was her publicist and could screen that stuff out so she could see only positivity on her page. But, I've seen pages far worse where people post like Kim Kardashian. You jus have to develp thick skin and good ability to skim over negative post. It's nature of beats unfortunately and she has Roberto as her rock to keep her focused and priority on them. I just keep sending positivity, it will kill negativity eventually. imho

Yeah, I don't think it's a job per se, but that she will be working with the SD branch in the future. That would be great, since she wouldn't have to travel all the way to LA to help.

It looked like a fancy to-do type thing though. Doubt it was her type of thing. She looked really cute though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4040107;
    Although I never saw it this way before, I totally agree with you now. In fact, I'll go one step further and say the question wasn't Roberto vs. Frank or Roberto vs. Chris but Roberto vs. Ali's insecurities. It was all about overcoming her fears that someone as great as Roberto could really not only exist but actually love her and not someone else. He was always the one she wanted but wasn't sure it was real or if it was just for the show. In fact, in one of the post-show interviews, she talks about how he's just as good to her as he was on the show. So obviously that's something that weighed on her even when she made the decision to choose him vs. Chris or no one.
    I tend to agree Alanna, but also think last 2 weeks would have been more emotionally intense if F2 was Frank instead of Chris. I remember Ali saying she had a really great FD planned w/ Frank. So just playing devil's advocate, what if that day/night had gone really well - he wasn't closed off or distracted, and really shared his feelings for her? His quirkiness appealed to her and he was more the type she saw herself with.

As crazy as she was for Roberto, she thought she wasn't good enough for him. A few times she said things to him like: "I would've never walked up to you, would have thought you're too hot for me" and "what kind of girl did you typically date" in the context of 'I think I'm outside that box of the type of girl you usually go for'.

So I wonder too if what CH was blogging about during the season was the fact that she was so into Roberto but always insecure about whether it would be reciprocated.. but then when Frank left it forced her to take the risk with Roberto. I don't think she ever thought seriously of Chris as F1.

Hopefully they continue to be open with one another & Roberto reinforces his feelings for her all the time, as I could imagine her insecurities creeping in to their real world relationship.

Personally, I do think Ali is looking back at the past as far as the show is concerned. She and Roberto have this theme called, "Right Here - Right Now". I feel that insecurities from the past about other relationships doesn't concern her. IMHO

I can't wait until Roberto's Birthday on the 27th! Hope to get plenty pics of the birthday boy!

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083;4040372;
    Personally, I do think Ali is looking back at the past as far as the show is concerned. She and Roberto have this theme called, "Right Here - Right Now". I feel that insecurities from the past about other relationships doesn't concern her. IMHO
    I totally agreee AKA....they are living for the current and the future and definitely leaving the past , just where it belongs in the PAST. NO need looking back as it is through those experience which made them whom they are today....mistakes/ bad relationships and all.

And like you said it is all about "Right HERE, Right NOW" for these to , it is amzaing how in tune they are with one another....

You got that right ladeedi12! I have heard Ali and Roberto say "right here - right now" several times. You can't concentrate on the present and future if you are stuck in the past. Roberto and Ali love each other to death! I am so happy for them until I don't know what to do!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by AKA083;4040395;
    You got that right ladeedi12! I have heard Ali and Roberto say "right here - right now" several times. You can't concentrate on the present and future if you are stuck in the past. Roberto and Ali love each other to death! I am so happy for them until I don't know what to do!
    aka love your way of thinking...right here right now...

FORT Regular

sorry if this has been posted before but I am bringing over this link from the abc board

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=zYayu77pSBA

Closed Thread