Closed Thread
Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2161626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by BeReal;4039401;
    As much as I love this couple, I still maintained the opinion that Ali would have probably chosen Frank at the end if he didn't bail out. My reason for thinking this is because Frank was the easy choice and Roberto seemed too good to be true.
    I don't think her family would have let her make the wrong choice. In all seriousness, think how her parents and her protective sister would have reacted to Frank vs Roberto.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4039032;
    I hope this is okay to post, but I made this for Ali and Roberto. I also tweeted it to Ali. It's like a memory photo from their journey.

Please mods delete it if it's not allowed to be posted.
    Oh, sanlee, I just LOVE this!!! So beautiful!

We have some very talented people here at Fort.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4039427;
    I don't think her family would have let her make the wrong choice. In all seriousness, think how her parents and her protective sister would have reacted to Frank vs Roberto.
    That would have been hilarious terabithia! I can just see the 1 on 1 conversation with her dad. "And tell me again what you do. And where do you live? Do you love my daughter?" Frank answering with his fidgety and questionable self, compared to the impression left by Roberto or even Chris on their dates would have them telling her to get rid of that joker, asap.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Laurenbk. I just watched episode/week 4 again yesterday and when Ali was getting her makeup and hair done for the photo shoot, she was asked about her guys. She said nice things about them but says she is "smitten" with Roberto. As much as I love this couple, I still maintained the opinion that Ali would have probably chosen Frank at the end if he didn't bail out. My reason for thinking this is because Frank was the easy choice and Roberto seemed too good to be true. Roberto fell in the fantasy category....the "I wish I can have him but I know I can't" category. She was afraid to trust her heart with Roberto until she had too. Thank God Frank left at that critical point! IMO, that's why she says on the LCD PI that she is baffled to think that Roberto can truly be HERS. I don't consider Roberto as default F1, but believe that fate helped her make the right choice. Also, I don't see the tabloids having any effect on them.
    Very good insight...I didn't think of it that way before but I think you may be right. Frank would have been "safe" but Roberto had her at hello.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenbk;4039359;
    I've been a lurker all season long & have really enjoyed reading everyone's posts! Just some random thoughts..

Big Roberto fan from very beginning.. I think more than any other Bachelorette, Ali wore her emotions on her sleeve. She said it herself. It was mostly clear to me who she was going to keep around every week. She was most affectionate with Roberto and always so excited to be with him.. it was obvious she was smitten - and I kept thinking surely it's the edit & they're going to throw us for a loop at the end.. but nope it was truly there the entire time for us to see!

I read that a producer said it was always Roberto - and all the guys pretty much suspected it. I tend to wonder if this is why Frank left & went back to his old girlfriend. He was just so gung-ho at the beginning & I think he was really falling for Ali but so insecure that it freaked him out early on & that's why he wanted to leave - it may be that TPTB convinced him to stay and see if their relationship would grow, but he sensed he would not be F1 & didn't want to get his heart broken.

I am really pulling for these two but have to admit I was alittle concerned after seeing the In Touch article.. know it's a tabloid & unnamed sources blah blah - but what if it's true that he's a player? what 'player' wouldn't love all this new female attention & then question whether he's ready to settle? (ala Ed!) And hopefully he embraces Ali's professional drive, not wishing she were there w/ dinner on the table when he comes home from work. He seems to come from pretty traditional family structure...

Loved Cupcakes' video.. I heard Coldplay's "Yellow" the other day and made me think of Ali... wonder if she likes that song?
    You sound like me....I've lurked ForEVeR but my Aliberto obsession got the best of me & I had to post!

I don't know if they'll last or if he'll turn out to be a playa but he sure seems like the real deal.....I'll admit though that a teeny tiny part of me needs them to break-up so I can get back to my life!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Samc;4039516;
    You sound like me....I've lurked ForEVeR but my Aliberto obsession got the best of me & I had to post!

I don't know if they'll last or if he'll turn out to be a playa but he sure seems like the real deal.....I'll admit though that a teeny tiny part of me needs them to break-up so I can get back to my life!! LOL
    Is there no other way? I think they are the real deal too. As per Chris L, Roberto would be all starry-eyed coming back after his dates with Ali. Not the mark of a true playa. And have you seen the handshake? Soooo, NOT smooth! The guy is not afraid to be a cheeseball for his girl.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

FORT Regular

I think they are the "real deal" too. I think Roberto showed Ali a lot of respect throughout the dating process. At the RC party where he warned her about Rated-R, Roberto wasn't the least bit offended that she contradicted his opinion. He told Ali that she had to do what she thought was best for her. There was no irritation or temper (or "undermining" as Jake would say!). On the Portugal date, when Roberto asked what she was thinking, and she said "nothing...", his immediate response was "fair enough, fair enough", not something derogatory or even teasing. (Ty did that on their 2 on 1 date). And how many times did Roberto stop to ask Ali what she was thinking? I think Ali chose Roberto, but he did indeed, chose her back. After watching Lisa & Mith's video for Ali, I don't think there's any way she would have ended up with Frank. I believe her when she says that Frank's decision didn't affect her final decision.

And I think Frank must have been way more funny in real life than what was shown to us. We just got to see the neurotic mess...
    Last edited by SmittenAKFan; 08-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.

FORT Fan

Thanks for posting your thoughts, Laurenbk. I just watched episode/week 4 again yesterday and when Ali was getting her makeup and hair done for the photo shoot, she was asked about her guys. She said nice things about them but says she is "smitten" with Roberto. As much as I love this couple, I still maintained the opinion that Ali would have probably chosen Frank at the end if he didn't bail out. My reason for thinking this is because Frank was the easy choice and Roberto seemed too good to be true. Roberto fell in the fantasy category....the "I wish I can have him but I know I can't" category. She was afraid to trust her heart with Roberto until she had too. Thank God Frank left at that critical point! IMO, that's why she says on the LCD PI that she is baffled to think that Roberto can truly be HERS. I don't consider Roberto as default F1, but believe that fate helped her make the right choice. Also, I don't see the tabloids having any effect on them.
    Ali said that she kept a journal she wrote in during filming. She always wrote that Frank scared her and she didn't think it would work out. I think she got over Frank pretty darn quick, and would have ended up picking Roberto no matter what. She saw herself with him from the very first night and that never changed. I think it's normal for a girl who has constantly been hurt by men to think that a man like Roberto didn't exist. Heck, even I don't believe he exists sometimes. Just by reading the little things he has done for her (making her breakfast in bed every morning, dancing with her in their living room, leaving her "I love you" notes in the car before she leaves) makes me believe that he is one in a trillion. So very few men are like him; she is extremely lucky. Frank and even Chris could never compare.

Beautfil job, sanlee!! Gorgeous work as always!!

I love that Ali and Roberto are involved in a lot of charity work as of late. How wonderful!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by restlessheart;4039637;
    Ali said that she kept a journal she wrote in during filming. She always wrote that Frank scared her and she didn't think it would work out. I think she got over Frank pretty darn quick, and would have ended up picking Roberto no matter what. She saw herself with him from the very first night and that never changed. I think it's normal for a girl who has constantly been hurt by men to think that a man like Roberto didn't exist. Heck, even I don't believe he exists sometimes. Just by reading the little things he has done for her (making her breakfast in bed every morning, dancing with her in their living room, leaving her "I love you" notes in the car before she leaves) makes me believe that he is one in a trillion. So very few men are like him; she is extremely lucky. Frank and even Chris could never compare.
    We have got to be fair here ....Chris never even got the chance to show if he could be that guy or not.

Closed Thread