Closed Thread
Page 63 of 76 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4036174;
    Oh my goodness -- this song is beautiful -- it's called Benita Tu Luz by Mana and here are the translated lyrics. Sheds a whole new light on Roberto's romanticism and why "blessing" is a prominent word in their vocabulary.

Blessed is the place, and the reason for being there
    Blessed coincidence,
    Blessed clock, which put us there on time,
    Bless you, presence.

Praise God for meeting us on the road,
    And for taking away this solitude from my destiny.

Holy light, holy light of your eyes,
    From the soul.

Blessed eyes, I averted
    Simulated since I did not know,
    And then, hold the gaze.

God Bless find on the road,
    And for taking away this solitude from my destiny.

Holy light, holy light of your eyes, oh.

Divine glory, gave sort of good sense,
    And find you there in the middle of the road
    Glory to the sky to find you now
    Take my loneliness, and concur in my destiny,
    In the same fate.

Blessed glance
    Blessed look from the soul, your eyes,
    Blessed, blessed, blessed gaze,
    Bless your soul and bless your light.

Your eyes, oh, oh, oh,
    I say your light is so blessed, love, love,
    Blessed clock and blessed the place,
    Bless your kisses close to the sea,
    And your eyes, love, love,
    That blessed you look, love your look.

Is Roberto real? I mean, seriously I'm glowing after reading these lyrics, and I'm not even in love with him. I hope they never let go of each other.

FORT Newbie

cantstopwatchin, thank you so much for the words to Benita Tu Luz. I've listened to the song several times this morning and so wished I knew the meaning of the song since Roberto said the song reminded him of his and Ali's relationship. And it does.

I loved it in one of the interviews from the Gala when Ali said that when she gets wrapped up in the negativity of the media frenzy Roberto will say, "Right here, right now, this is our moment, us, who cares about all that." My heart just melts for these two.

Where was my Roberto when I was Ali's age. Thanks again cantstopwatchin.
    Last edited by breidy; 08-13-2010 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Bad grammar

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4036414;
    Is Roberto real? I mean, seriously I'm glowing after reading these lyrics, and I'm not even in love with him. I hope they never let go of each other.
    No kidding. If he was singing songs like this in her ear while they danced then nobody else really had a chance. Can you imagine? I know you can!

I think it's so sweet he says she knows the Spanish lyrics better than he does now, I hope that means she sings it to him too. Lucky Ali, lucky Roberto.

Mana is one of my favourite groups. They kind of sound like the Spanish "Sting" to me. I have almost all of their CD's, and lots of downloads on my ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4036458;
    Mana is one of my favourite groups. They kind of sound like the Spanish "Sting" to me. I have almost all of their CD's, and lots of downloads on my ipod.
    I read that they've been around for some time.

I see that Ali says R when she twitters about Roberto. She needs to call him 'Rated R for Romantic!'

Quote Originally Posted by breidy;4036432;
    cantstopwatchin, thank you so much for the words to Benita Tu Luz. I've listened to the song several times this morning and so wished I knew the meaning of the song since Roberto said the song reminded him of his and Ali's relationship. And it does.

I loved it in one of the interviews from the Gala when Ali said that when she gets wrapped up in the negativity of the media frenzy Roberto will say, "Right here, right now, this is our moment, us, who cares about all that." My heart just melts for these two.
    - I've melted into one big puddle over these two!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by breidy;4036432;

You're welcome. When I first read the lyrics, they gave me the warm fuzzies about Ali & Roberto's journey and had to share. I think it's so sweet that he originally came up with the song in regards to her and now she knows it better than him. Add to that his leaving her love notes and...

I'm so happy for them that they've found each other. Some things are just meant to be.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

hmmm so Ali was born in '84 and Roberto born in '83?
    when is Ali's b-day?

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;4036196;
    Yup.

Ali and I had the chance support a great cause, the fight against the beast we call cancer. Also had the opportunity of meeting many of my childhood heros...a great night! Kudos to the Harold Pump Foundation.

ALi's Dad & Roberto's family responded on FB to this post from Roberto:

Maira Martinez de Senick: Well done, Roberto & Ali!

Abigail Martínez :That is great. I know the sorrow of cancer disease. Not because i had once, b becuase my brother and a lot of patients i had as nurse. Is so sad for patients and family. Congratulation becuase you are using your energy to relief in some way the pain and the sorrow of those patients. God bless you and Ali.

Alex Fedotowsky: Very proud of you both........

So, happy they have so much family support.

The families seem very supportive of them and really seem to get along well too. That's a wonderful thing to have and a gift to an marriage.

I love that they are involved in charity work. I hope they help Kip too. I expect them to all end up vg friends.

Closed Thread