Closed Thread
Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Roberto - no spoilers

Re: Roberto - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3924264;
    Roberto made a comment in one of his private interviews about Frank's move to get more time with Ali, disrupting someone else's time. The strategy obviously caught Roberto's eye, but he took it in stride saying he knew it wouldn't be long before Frank tried to make a move, considering it's a competition. He seemed even-keeled about it, not fired up, but motivated by it. Everyone's says Jake fell for Vienna during the bungy jump episode because the drama of the situation,... his fear and her reassurance in a fearful time made him need her permanently.

The same thing could happen here. If Ali is petrified and Roberto keeps her calm, she could perceive him as the eye of the storm, the guy that makes her safe, the sexy man she needs always... her own 'Vienna'. It does seem to parallel the Jake situation.

And Roberto has demonstrated his ability to reassure in earlier episodes, like when they were sitting on the bench and Ali was all flustered and he was rubbing her arm to soothe her. Well, either he was trying to calm her or trying to keep her warm -- either way, she seemed to notice and respond to his calm presence of mind.

I hope that's how it goes down! 'Cuz Roberto's just so dang hot
    You could absolutely be right about all of this. Certainly in the last few shows the person who gets the adrenaline date has won the prize. What if TPTB are ready to change that up? We will enjoy the next few episodes because interesting guys like Berto will get dates.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-07-2010 at 09:59 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3924335;
    You could absolutely be right about all of this. Certainly in the last few shows the person who gets the adrenaline date has won the prize. What if TPTB are ready to change that up? We will enjoy the next few episodes because interesting guys like Berto will get dates.
    Jake's was different he cried like a baby in Vienna's arms and they took a leap of faith together. She helped him through something and it made them stronger. I don't see Ali crying to Roberto about being scared... in the previews it looked like they were having alot of fun. If anyone had the emotional thrill date last season it was Jillian and Kip in Hawaii when he talked her through getting to the top of the pole. It just so happens that Jillian and Ed and Jake and Vienna got the first date of episode 3 which I guess you can calling thrilling tho gliding down a cable at .5 mph while sitting in a harness is hardly thrilling. She went faster on the zip line with Michael.

Oh yeah and... Go FLyers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3925958;
    Jake's was different he cried like a baby in Vienna's arms and they took a leap of faith together. She helped him through something and it made them stronger. I don't see Ali crying to Roberto about being scared... in the previews it looked like they were having alot of fun. If anyone had the emotional thrill date last season it was Jillian and Kip in Hawaii when he talked her through getting to the top of the pole. It just so happens that Jillian and Ed and Jake and Vienna got the first date of episode 3 which I guess you can calling thrilling tho gliding down a cable at .5 mph while sitting in a harness is hardly thrilling. She went faster on the zip line with Michael.

Oh yeah and... Go FLyers!!!
    OK I agree that Jake needed a lot of support from Vienna and she handled it very well. Also I can't understand why Ali doesn't like to fly but will do the tightrope?

You started it - GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3926315;
    OK I agree that Jake needed a lot of support from Vienna and she handled it very well. Also I can't understand why Ali doesn't like to fly but will do the tightrope?

You started it - GO BLACKHAWKS!!!
    I think it must be a different kind of fear, Eowenc. I'm terrified of heights and would never do the highwire but have no issues with flying and I'll even do the ride where you're dangling from a tower where they're going to drop you. Can't explain the difference but there is.

Roberto is reminding me a lot of Kiptyn in that Ali is insecure about her looks with him and is obviously attracted to him. I really like him so far.

FORT Fanatic

At first I couldn't get past the eyebrows - but he is very cute and I think he is charming too.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3927217;
    I think it must be a different kind of fear, Eowenc. I'm terrified of heights and would never do the highwire but have no issues with flying and I'll even do the ride where you're dangling from a tower where they're going to drop you. Can't explain the difference but there is.

Roberto is reminding me a lot of Kiptyn in that Ali is insecure about her looks with him and is obviously attracted to him. I really like him so far.
    They both must of been paid a lot of money to do that, I for one, would have never been able to do that.
    Last edited by laceygirl; 06-08-2010 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3925958;
    It just so happens that Jillian and Ed and Jake and Vienna got the first date of episode 3 which I guess you can calling thrilling...
    Hey that's an interesting fact...
    Wonder how many other seasons the winning couple had a 1-on-1 in Ep.3. Maybe you found the secret formula!

I was kinda disappointed in the Roberto/Ali date. It was fine, it was nice, but I didn't feel as much "surprising, undeniable appeal" between the two as what I saw with the Frank/Ali date. With Frank and Ali, they were both laughing and talking and touching the whole time, with complete ease and with sheer joy.

I guess I was expecting even GRANDER magic with Roberto. But when the Roberto/Ali date was shown, it was another flight (yawn), another daring activity (yawn), another dinner (yawn), and another makeout session (yawn). The conversation didn't flow a mile-a-minute like it does with Frank or With Chris. The laughter wasn't abounding. And what a disappointing first kiss -- can't imagine a bigger distraction from a kiss than 20 stories of fatal danger.

So I feel kinda discouraged (since I'm rooting for Roberto).

Well okay, I guess the giddy makeout session on the bed on the skyscraper kinda made up for the first part of the date -- definately a good time was had by all on the bed! But it seems so physical between the two of them, and not much personal connection-building...

P.S. Yes Roberto does have some obvious eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3927217;

I've surprised myself at times what I've been willing to try regardless of the initial fear. It is easier if you can share it with another. You can take that both ways!

Yes it is Jill and Kiptyn all over again with just a minor tweek. But maybe this time the lead overcomes that fear (insecure if she is good looking enough) and picks the great looking guy.

And one message to Ali. Don't worry gal you are in fact good looking enough for Roberto. In fact, it's possible you are the best looking gal he's ever had in his life so don't be down on yourself. You two would be a great looking couple!

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3929728;
    I've surprised myself at times what I've been willing to try regardless of the initial fear. It is easier if you can share it with another. You can take that both ways!

Yes it is Jill and Kiptyn all over again with just a minor tweek. But maybe this time the lead overcomes that fear (insecure if she is good looking enough) and picks the great looking guy.

And one message to Ali. Don't worry gal you are in fact good looking enough for Roberto. In fact, it's possible you are the best looking gal he's ever had in his life so don't be down on yourself. You two would be a great looking couple!
    I don't get the worry. Ali's very pretty and Roberto is cute but he's not drop dead gorgeous. Even if he was, it's not all about looks. Jerry from Jen's season is one of the best looking bachelors ever imo but his gf is attractive in a normal way.

I just noticed something: In Episode 3 Roberto said in a private interview "When I look at Ali's eyes, it's captivating". BUT on the helicopter ride, on the tightropes, there was virtually no eye-contact whatsoever. So that private interview seemed very off at the time.

The day of their date, when Ali showed up at the house and went to Roberto to hug him, she actually looked away instead of at him. Very weird. Roberto was very huggy and reassuring on the helo, all the while looking outside or even looking off into space, not at Ali. Even when she kidded him about being good looking, he never even gave her a sideways glance! When they landed and she told him they're having dinner, he looks at her but she is looking away. Then he looks away, and she looks at him. Then they hug although neither was looking at the other. It's just weird! Back at the house, Jesse and Steve have immensely more eye contact with each other than Ali & Roberto did.

For a split second after popping the champagne cork, they caught each others eyes, then looked down at the glasses. So there was 1 spit-second of connection.

When he said he hopes to watch a lot more sunsets with her, he was serious about watching the sunset! Never glanced at her.

At their first drink at the dinner table, they looked at each other for a couple seconds, the longest eye contact thus far. As they talked a little, the eye contact got more frequent. Could the first few hours just have been a case of BOTH of them being to embarrassed to look at each other? He seems to look away often when he speaks. When she told him he was good looking, he couldn't hardly accept hearing it.

So okay, moving on to the rest of the date, it gets too good, I got so drawn into whatever what happening with the two of them that I forgot to scrutinize the eye contact. I guess all my fears are unfounded.

Closed Thread