Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan - no spoilers

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Jonathan - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3921888;
    I'm curious how you know these details?
    Am very close with an immediate family member of his for going on 15 years now. First met Jon when he was still in high school (to put that in context.)

Unfortunately, said friend has REFUSED to give me any details until after each episode airs. Good for them for following the contract but sucks for me who wants to know ALL dirt. (As was evidenced in the sleuthing threads preseason-LOL!)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;3922119;
    I don't know...Jonathan spent the whole show (at least by editing) talking about Craig M...and not wanting to get into a fight. I completely respect your opinion...but Jonathan is sooo the type of guy I don't like. I don't like bullies either..but Craig M was just ridiculous. Jonathan would have been better served to keep his mouth shut..IMO. And I am curious to know how anything is known about a scuffle before the rose ceremony..which wasn't edited in the show as posted by Cantstopwatchin. Just curious.
    Excerpts from that scuffle were part of the previews of this week shown at the end of last weeks show.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;3920484;
    I was rooting for him at first - I'm in Houston after all. But the whole wormy way he tried to tell Ali about Craig made me dislike him as much as Craig. And the speedo thing - good grief. (Anyone else notice the bad edit last night? Chris comes out to tell us it's the last rose, pan to a picture of Jonathan and Craig looking uncomfortable, and JONATHAN HAS A ROSE ON. Then back to Ali and the rose to Jonathan. I suspect strongly that Jonathan wasn't in fact last, but they edited it that way for effect.
    I watched the ending on ABC.com several times and I'm not seeing the rose Jonathan has on. Craig had that ridiculous red pocket square, but I don't see a rose already on Jonathan. You guys have good eyes.
    Wake up and be awesome

What really bugged me about the confrontation between Craig the jerk and Jonathan the Weatherman was that none of the other guys seemed willing to step in and say "hey, let up on the guy" when Craig was acting like such a jerk to Jonathan. Craig obviously rubbed some of the other guys the wrong way too, yet there were so many laughing, guffawing faces when he was demanding to know who outed him to Ali. Jon was scared crapless at that point, he didn't want to admit it because he didn't want to get in a physical confrontation with Craig. I don't like tattletales or those who take it upon themselves to "warn" the Bachelor(ette) that someone is "here for the wrong reasons" (and yes, I'm looking directly at you, Ali) BUT I am surprised that nobody tried to diffuse that situation between Jonathan and Craig. They all looked like a bunch of frat boy losers to me.

She has zero chemistry with the Weatherman. He'll be gone soon.

Ashley, I rewatched Episodes 2 & 1 tonight on the alphabetchannel's website, and I didn't see the early rose on Jonathan either. Either they found the mistake and edited it out for the website, or I just wasn't looking at the right time.

I think Jonathan seemed too obsessed with Craig M, but I'd bet anything that he was goaded and goaded and goaded by the producers to keep talking about Craig. Jonathan probably said a ton of other things, but the only part worth showing (for the producers' motives) were the Craig-related comments.

I didn't think the Weatherman looked any worse in the speedo than any of the other guys. In fact, The Weatherman actually looked better than both the guy in the red speedo and the skinny guy in the loose dark one. I don't have much attraction for the weatherman but I certainly don't think he needed to be nervous about it... he looked fine. He actually has a nice chest. I'm glad Ali trusted him and he got to stay another week. I think he's a decent guy who was 1 of Craig's three victims in the house, unfortunately. Craig was a first-class d_ck, just for fun. Nothing is a bigger waste of oxygen than that.

I'm guessing we won't see much footage of Jonathan now... Craig is off so the producers are probably done using Jonathan's comments.

Unfortunately, said friend has REFUSED to give me any details until after each episode airs.
    Oh bummer, why not tell your friend that too much self-control is a bad thing?
    Last edited by fireflyer; 06-04-2010 at 01:21 AM.

Does anyone also think that Johnathan's profile picture looks better than he did on the show. I think he is the only one. Also Firefly mentioned that he has a nice chest. Why do none of these guys have chest hair? Please don't tell me they shave it off!!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3923189;
    Does anyone also think that Johnathan's profile picture looks better than he did on the show. I think he is the only one. Also Firefly mentioned that he has a nice chest. Why do none of these guys have chest hair? Please don't tell me they shave it off!!
    oh honey thats a waxing job if i ever saw one. Meh Johnathan is ok but not really what i would call handsome.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3923698;
    oh honey thats a waxing job if i ever saw one. Meh Johnathan is ok but not really what i would call handsome.
    Ok explain why? I want to know what's wrong with my chest hair. I mean the men's chest hair. That's rediculous.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3923709;
    Ok explain why? I want to know what's wrong with my chest hair. I mean the men's chest hair. That's rediculous.
    Oh no I'm not saying its right or attractive for a man to shave/wax his chest hair Im just saying it looks like thats what Jonathan (and probably all the men on the show) did. There is no sign of stuble or anything like that on their chests during the beach date so unless they shave their chests everyday i would guess it was a waxing job.

No personally for me i say leave the man fuzz! Men are suppose to have chest hair, little boys do not.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3923126;
    Ashley, I rewatched Episodes 2 & 1 tonight on the alphabetchannel's website, and I didn't see the early rose on Jonathan either. Either they found the mistake and edited it out for the website, or I just wasn't looking at the right time.
    I wish I could remember which guy got the rose and was walking back into position when Jonathan had the rose on his lapel.
    I even played it back to make sure they were wearing the same clothes in case they'd edited in a bit from the first rose ceremony, although why they would I don't know.
    All I can remember is that, as shown, it was one of the later roses to be handed out.

I can't watch the ending again on the ABC website because I'm in Canada.
    I wonder if they did notice and edit it out.

ETA. I checked on the site for the Canadian station that the show is on and they do have episodes available online so I watched the rose ceremony again.
    Ali hands the penultimate rose to Chris N.
    You see him walk down to collect the rose and Jonathan can be seen with no rose on his lapel.
    After Chris N gets the rose he turns to walk back, but instead of showing him go back to his place, they cut to a shot of Ali then one of Craig, Tyler V and Jonathan and Jonathan has a rose on his lapel.
    They actually edited in a shot that gave away that Jonathan had a rose.
    Chris H comes in to remind everyone that the final rose is about to be handed out and Jonathan doesn't have a rose on his lapel.
    Craziness.
    Why does this sloppiness surprise me?
    Last edited by fluff; 06-04-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast