Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jesse - no spoilers

Who is John Galt?

Re: Jesse - no spoilers

Cute and hunky but not too bright and rather boring. Definitely not my taste, but seems to be hers. However, they don't seem to have any chemistry together.

Yeah, I thought he seemed kinda vacant. Perhaps I just misinterpreted his shyness. In real life I LOVE unpretentious guys, so I'm surprised he didn't intrigue me more. I thought the kiss came from out of nowhere (perhaps the editing clipped out too much?). I definately wasn't feeling the romance as much as Ali was.

He looks like Micheal Phelps with better teeth.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

They had a great date location and activities but the whole thing seemed awkward. There is not a connection with these two that's noticable yet. Do you think that one can grow in the weeks to come? I seem to doubt that. Good looking guy but a little young.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3922613;
    They had a great date location and activities but the whole thing seemed awkward. There is not a connection with these two that's noticable yet. Do you think that one can grow in the weeks to come? I seem to doubt that. Good looking guy but a little young.
    Would you say he is a Peculiar man?

He missed out on some prime canoodling starting on the jet when Ali was freaking out. I think he improved as the date progressed especially when he referred to Ali as "my lady". He is definitely the strong and silent type.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3922996;
    Would you say he is a Peculiar man?

He missed out on some prime canoodling starting on the jet when Ali was freaking out. I think he improved as the date progressed especially when he referred to Ali as "my lady". He is definitely the strong and silent type.
    MD you talked about this during the show Monday night so I was looking forward to checking it out by watching the show again later. When Ali was freaking out they were in seperate seats on either side of the aisle and had seat belts fastened so he couldn't get to her. I wanted him to but he couldn't. Otherwise what a great opportunity it would have been.

I watched Episodes 1 & 2 again. My feelings changes just a slight bit. He had some decent fun footage with Ali in Episode 1 which made me realize maybe the intimacy of their date wasn't completely out of the blue.

I agree with MiniDiva in that he def missed an opportunity on the plane! Ali basically kept her hand almost in his crotch, and sometimes he kinda touched her hand, sometimes not. He could've been much more reassuring. Maybe that's just personal preference, but I kinda like a guy who can softly distract and reassure me when I'm freaking out about something.

I will say that he doesn't seem to have much intellect to spare. But he's shy and probably kind, and most likely will be TOTALLY devoted and loyal to whoever becomes his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3923115;
    I watched Episodes 1 & 2 again. My feelings changes just a slight bit. He had some decent fun footage with Ali in Episode 1 which made me realize maybe the intimacy of their date wasn't completely out of the blue.

I agree with MiniDiva in that he def missed an opportunity on the plane! Ali basically kept her hand almost in his crotch, and sometimes he kinda touched her hand, sometimes not. He could've been much more reassuring. Maybe that's just personal preference, but I kinda like a guy who can softly distract and reassure me when I'm freaking out about something.

I will say that he doesn't seem to have much intellect to spare. But he's shy and probably kind, and most likely will be TOTALLY devoted and loyal to whoever becomes his wife.
    Gee, her hand in his crotch, now I have to go check this whole thing out again. Where's my dvr remote? Look for Ali's hands on the airplane. Research is needed so I'll get back to you later. Maybe I was really wrong about this.

Crotch research is now complete so here is my report. Actually I missed most of this date because I was watching the hockey game so I had to go back anyway. My overall impression of Jesse's date was much like Jake's with Jillian. Fun, nice to each other, some kissing but no sparks are the words that describe it. MiniDiva you are right there was ample opportunity for more canoodling (if I'm sure what that means - Is it a southern term? I don't remember). She reached out to touch his leg several times and his arm once. Jesse covered her hand (or just fingers) each time with his palm. He was like so many I've seen on their first corporate jet ride, more interested in looking out the window than paying attention to Ali. The opportunities were there as Ali leaned in because she could - she didn't have the over the shoulder part of the seatbelt over her shoulder instead it was behind her back but let's not all tell the FAA. Next I think if my date had rented a Ferrari I would beat her to the drivers seat (as a matter of fact I've done that with a Mercedes SLK 320).

And while we have the pool at the hotel to ourselves why not body slam your date into the water? It's true I'm a little older so I think gentlemen don't do that unless asked too. And I'm not thinking about a producer or director telling me to.

There is nothing like getting a new suite to make a man proud to dress up (his second which is OK I don't have that many that fit anymore either). But I hope when he gets back to Peculiar he knows a good tailor because that suite just didn't fit at all.

Ali wasn't sure but gave Jesse a Rose anyway. I think it's purely a physical thing at this point because he had to stretch a little to keep the conversation going. They don't seem to have too much in common.

And as for her going for his crotch fireflyer, watch again she missed every time by at least 6 inches. He on the other hand hit his crotch point blank every time.
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-05-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3924660;
    And as for her going for his crotch fireflyer, watch again she missed every time by at least 6 inches. He on the other hand hit his crotch point blank every time.
    LOL, good one

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast