Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

  1. #81
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4024319;
    Well Frank did drop the bomb that he still lives with his parents And was non-existant during the Iceland date

    And on Ali's blog, Frank's dad told her Frank's not ready to commit.
    Frank lived at home, quit a great job to come home and live w/his parents so he could work as a retail manager. His dad said he wasn't ready for a committed relationship and he dumped Ali for a 23 year old retail clerk. Frank just doesn't sound all that stable and there is only so much you can do with an edit. They cannot use what you don't give them and Frank came off as perpetually insecure and neurotic. I think seeing his competition (and he was one of the main ones who was always trying to spy on Ali when she was having 1on1 time with the other guys) freaked him out and he wanted to go home to a more sure thing. I'm not sure I even believe he and Nicole are still together - especially if he had to explain his 'edit' to her every single week - if he even watched.

    I DO think Frank would have been F2 in the end. Frank was Ali's usual type so she did everything in her power to convince herself and him that he was ideal for her even though,clearly, her usual type hadn't been working out for her. At the same time, she was smitten with Roberto from the onset in a much stronger way and she was doing everything herself to talk herself out of him. I don't think there was ever much of a chance for the other guys past Portugal and possibly before that. I just think Ali took the rejection personally and wasn't truly that heartbroken by Frank. They were both going for 'safe' and he ran home to what he thought would be. Ali broke out of her pattern and risked it all on Roberto.

    Go back and watch the dates. There is no way she wasn't going to choose Roberto. She'd have to pull a Jason if she did.

  2. #82
    FORT Regular mom2brieandbray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    110

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    i have a question regaurding frank. Back in the beginning of June, it was state that Him and Ali were at the same street fair in San Fran. Is it possible that they talked then and got the clouser that she wanted? Could it also be possible that is why he chose not to do the AFTR? just wondering
    I am on team Love

  3. #83
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by mom2brieandbray;4033311;
    i have a question regaurding frank. Back in the beginning of June, it was state that Him and Ali were at the same street fair in San Fran. Is it possible that they talked then and got the clouser that she wanted? Could it also be possible that is why he chose not to do the AFTR? just wondering
    The show stopped taping in May. If she couldn't be seen in public w/Roberto until the ATFR, how could she be seen with Frank? The Bachelorette is not Big Brother and is not real time.

  4. #84
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by sjcaligurl;4033393;
    The show stopped taping in May. If she couldn't be seen in public w/Roberto until the ATFR, how could she be seen with Frank? The Bachelorette is not Big Brother and is not real time.
    I think the question being asked is, "If after taping but before the taping of ATFR, while Ali was in San Francisco, is it possible that Frank was there and they talked therefore giving some closure?" I've wondered what he was doing there as well, but I don't even think that was confirmed. I honestly don't think after the filming and spending time with Roberto, that she cared all that much. She was too far gone with Roberto as we saw with her reaction with Chris on their LCD, that she was consumed with nobody but Roberto.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

  5. #85
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Originally Posted by veryaddicted
    I think this is Frank's way of mocking the Bachelor/ette process. He keeps putting down the process by saying, here we are sitting here knowing she's making out with another guy etc. etc. etc. I believe he's trying to find the exit door.

    Similar to Graham. I remember he told Deanna he's not kissing her during one of her group dates. He also kind of mocked the process by saying, I don't want to be one of a bunch. Translation: Where's the exit door?

    Frank was very aware of what was going on around him, and he could see who Ali was really into. In Portugal Ali was in a funk after her date with Roberto, I'm pretty sure Frank sense this as well as Kirk did. CH has stated how Ali and Roberto was falling in love after epi 5. I believe Frank knew he wasn't going to be F1 but probably taken along for F2, so he bailed because of it. I believe this is what CH was trying to insinuate, when he said he copped out. So he only wanted the exit door, when he knew he wasn't going to be the one. Graham didn't want to be one of a bunch, because he wanted to be the only one. He couldn't take the process like Roberto, he wanted the chick and run. He was waiting at that exit door for her...she just didn't use her head like Ali.

  6. #86
    FORT Fanatic latergator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    668

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4038919;
    Frank was very aware of what was going on around him, and he could see who Ali was really into. In Portugal Ali was in a funk after her date with Roberto, I'm pretty sure Frank sense this as well as Kirk did. CH has stated how Ali and Roberto was falling in love after epi 5. I believe Frank knew he wasn't going to be F1 but probably taken along for F2, so he bailed because of it. I believe this is what CH was trying to insinuate, when he said he copped out. So he only wanted the exit door, when he knew he wasn't going to be the one. Graham didn't want to be one of a bunch, because he wanted to be the only one. He couldn't take the process like Roberto, he wanted the chick and run. He was waiting at that exit door for her...she just didn't use her head like Ali.
    here we go... something that you and I totally agree upon I see the bit with Frank a little differently, but Graham... I totally agree

  7. #87
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    IMO Frank was the intended F2 representing Ali's previous relationship types. That was his only role in all of this.

    In the end, as CH says, she got it right. There are various media articles out there that quote production saying they had to tell Ali not to be so obvious with Roberto from very early on.

    Frank was never an issue. They had a story to tell, and he apparently wanted to leave early, probably realizing he got himself in this mess to deep. If he did get to F2, he would have been let go before the LCD instead of Chris, which I think would have been bad guy vs good guy as we often see in the F1/F2 remaining contestants. JMO

  8. #88
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;4039239;
    IMO Frank was the intended F2 representing Ali's previous relationship types. That was his only role in all of this.

    In the end, as CH says, she got it right. There are various media articles out there that quote production saying they had to tell Ali not to be so obvious with Roberto from very early on.

    Frank was never an issue. They had a story to tell, and he apparently wanted to leave early, probably realizing he got himself in this mess to deep. If he did get to F2, he would have been let go before the LCD instead of Chris, which I think would have been bad guy vs good guy as we often see in the F1/F2 remaining contestants. JMO
    I think there would have been a traditional FRC if Frank was in the F2 because she didn't care about hurting him or sparing his feelings like with Chris. As for the storyline, it would have been something like safety (ie what she's used to) vs. the risk (Roberto is nothing what she thought she wanted or ever dated before). In any case, I think Frank's edit would have been different and much more positive and less messed up than it was if he was in the F2 because otherwise, the fan-favorite in the F2 would be winning and that's something they avoid these days.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  9. #89
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4038919;
    Frank was very aware of what was going on around him, and he could see who Ali was really into. In Portugal Ali was in a funk after her date with Roberto, I'm pretty sure Frank sense this as well as Kirk did. CH has stated how Ali and Roberto was falling in love after epi 5. I believe Frank knew he wasn't going to be F1 but probably taken along for F2, so he bailed because of it. I believe this is what CH was trying to insinuate, when he said he copped out. So he only wanted the exit door, when he knew he wasn't going to be the one. Graham didn't want to be one of a bunch, because he wanted to be the only one. He couldn't take the process like Roberto, he wanted the chick and run. He was waiting at that exit door for her...she just didn't use her head like Ali.
    That's not true. Graham didn't like Deanna and simply wasn't into her at all. That's why he started mocking the system with his one-of-a-bunch excuse. When Deanna blew up on the guys during their surprise BBQ for her, Graham was like, I'm outta here. How do I get outta here

    As for Frank, he separated himself from the rest of the guys from Episode 1 during his talk with Ali during the M&G. He said, one of these guys could be your husband. He's already got one foot out the door with such a comment.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey reality-luv31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    940

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4039246;
    I think there would have been a traditional FRC if Frank was in the F2 because she didn't care about hurting him or sparing his feelings like with Chris. As for the storyline, it would have been something like safety (ie what she's used to) vs. the risk (Roberto is nothing what she thought she wanted or ever dated before). In any case, I think Frank's edit would have been different and much more positive and less messed up than it was if he was in the F2 because otherwise, the fan-favorite in the F2 would be winning and that's something they avoid these days.
    I agree! I watched "500 Days of Summer" this weekend which Ali keeps saying is her favorite movie. Tom was what she thought was her ideal man. Summer up and married some other man and told Tom she found in the new guy what she could never be sure of with him. Tom's neurosis blocked his really relaxing and getting the girl, ala Frank. TPTB did a lot of story telling for Drama's sake and I really do think they used some of the premise to "500 Days" to create Ali's lovestory. Which explains why they created a "Tom" with Frank.
    Team Fleiss!
    Cross-eyed Peaches

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.