Closed Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

Re: Frank - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024023;
    Two or three seasons ago, a new contract was drawn up, and this was one of the changes. You can leave, but under their conditions.

Blondie Gal brought over the section, and it is a killer. I am being facetious, but they all but demand your first child in order for you to leave.

One of the stipulations is that the contestant has to repay all of the money spent on him/her to date. Can you imagine what they could (real or imagined) chalk up on that around the world tour Frank made with the Bachelorette?

They had him...there was no two ways about it. Our only thought was that he should have reacted (to Ali) in such a way as to have given her some kind of negative vibe - unless they covered that at least orally with him as well.
    Here is my post from 6/28 ~

According to the 2009 contract ~ if Frank wanted to leave the show prior to the producer's choice, then he would have had a heavy financial burden on his part. According to the contract ~ this part is in capital letters and bolded ~ he may be held fully responsible for all costs and damages incurred of production not only after selection as an participant but also as a result his withdrawal. He may also be required to sign additional releases and waivers acknowledging his risks for leaving the show.

There is also agreement that his discontinuation must be recorded on camera, and producer has sole discretion over how the film will be used. Also, even if he leaves the show he may not return home until the filming for the series is completed.

This is probably the Graham clause.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Jackieblue824;4026641;
    Frank not showing up on ATFR prooves to me that he's even a bigger creep and is a more of a coward then Justin..

Ali's reaction to Frank leaving tells me that she was really into him. It sounds like he wanted out and the producers did not want him to leave because of Ali. I am changing how I feel about Frank because I feel that he was manipulated into staying.

Bloomers had posted that awhile back Chris had gone out to see Frank after filming stopped. I wonder what that visit was about. Frank may have told him things which now, may have some bearing on whether or not he will be the next bach.

If Frank was used in this way by tptb, then I can see him not attending the ATFR. In fact, I'm happy he didn't. Ali said he would have gone as far as meeting her parents but that he was never gonna be chosen. The whole thing would be moot then.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

Frank has starting posting on his facebook fan page. I've snipped part of his message where he explains why he did not attend ATFR::

"Im not going to speak about the show here, or defend/justify what happened. Im contemplating the best forum to make a public announcement, and Ill be sure to let you all know when I decide on the best way to do that. I will say, however, that I did not go on the After the Final Rose show because that would have been unfair to me, Ali, Nicole, and all of you because the truth would not have been told on that show. My comments would have been governed and edited by the shows Producers, and I wont allow that to continue."

I can't help but respect Frank's approach versus Justin's. I suspect that TPTB have avoided throwing Frank under the bus, as they have with Justin, because they know that Frank is smart and methodical enough to seek proper council on how best to get his side of the story out. Justin is shooting himself in his own foot because he comes across less than truthful. Personally I can't wait to figure out if we learn more "behind the scenes" info from Frank somewhere down the line.
    Last edited by helcat; 08-07-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by helcat;4028367;
    Frank has starting posting on his facebook fan page. I've snipped part of his message where he explains why he did not attend ATFR::

"Im not going to speak about the show here, or defend/justify what happened. Im contemplating the best forum to make a public announcement, and Ill be sure to let you all know when I decide on the best way to do that. I will say, however, that I did not go on the After the Final Rose show because that would have been unfair to me, Ali, Nicole, and all of you because the truth would not have been told on that show. My comments would have been governed and edited by the shows Producers, and I wont allow that to continue."
    I can't help but respect Frank's approach versus Justin's. I suspect that TPTB have avoided throwing Frank under the bus, as they have with Justin, because they know that Frank is smart and methodical enough to seek proper council on how best to get his side of the story out. Justin is shooting himself in his own foot because he comes across less than truthful. Personally I can't wait to figure out if we learn more "behind the scenes" info from Frank somewhere down the line.
    Good for him! I'm happy he didn't go either. I can't help think back to when Frank was having that discussing with CH about wanting to leave. CH sitting there with that smug look on his face, all the while knowing it was a lie, he wanted out earlier. I always like CH,thought he was funny, but when you hear things like this, it's just kind of sleazy in my opinion.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4028376;
    Good for him! I'm happy he didn't go either. I can't help think back to when Frank was having that discussing with CH about wanting to leave. CH sitting there with that smug look on his face, all the while knowing it was a lie, he wanted out earlier. I always like CH,thought he was funny, but when you hear things like this, it's just kind of sleazy in my opinion.
    I know that TPTB can manipulate any situation to their benefit and per their contract have the ability to do anything that they want to a person. And I'm sure that Frank was highly edited. That said, what "proof" do we have of what really went on with Frank... the word of RS and a few posters who make it their business to show the worst negative light of TPTB and the show as possible? My only point is we need to be careful and understand that there was also an agenda by RS as well. I try to take everything with a grain of salt-- what the show says about a person as well as what a disgruntled castoff says about the show. In this case, I'm sure there is plenty of blame to go around.

There was no reason for Frank to attend the ATFR. Ali didn't need any closure on that, she got all the closure anyone could want from him in Tahiti. He was as clear as TPTB were going to let him be in Tahiti, nothing new was going to come out of ATFR. I can't imagine Ali actually cared about seeing Frank and rehashing their 'break-up' -- if she really did, there's a problem. Not sure why she called him a coward for not being there, because I don't think she cared one whit.

The idea behind Frank attending ATFR was ALL meant to be about drama, and Frank wasn't willing to provide it...and somehow found a way to get out of doing it.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4029600;
    There was no reason for Frank to attend the ATFR. Ali didn't need any closure on that, she got all the closure anyone could want from him in Tahiti. He was as clear as TPTB were going to let him be in Tahiti, nothing new was going to come out of ATFR. I can't imagine Ali actually cared about seeing Frank and rehashing their 'break-up' -- if she really did, there's a problem. Not sure why she called him a coward for not being there, because I don't think she cared one whit.

The idea behind Frank attending ATFR was ALL meant to be about drama, and Frank wasn't willing to provide it...and somehow found a way to get out of doing it.
    Ali was the one who told JK during one of her Skype sessions with him that she's going to confront Frank for closure at the ATFR.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4029673;
    Ali was the one who told JK during one of her Skype sessions with him that she's going to confront Frank for closure at the ATFR.
    What part of "I'm in love with someone else" didn't close things up for her with Frank?

It's not like he was going to be permitted to say "Well, the truth is TPTB required me to fake it with you for quite some time...sorry 'bout that!" He 'broke up' with her when and how he was told to do it...she was never going to get any more clarity from "confronting Frank" at the ATFR, and I can't imagine why she'd think so.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Frank did the right thing not going to ATFR. It's in poor taste for all involved and he knows it. I have no doubt the producer's manipulated him and I really do believe he ultimately was in love with someone else. That's life and it happens.

I wonder if he will do a RS IV. MY guess is it is coming within a few months. And I do think Frank told CL all that he went through and I'm sure CL knows it's the truth. If CL runs MF will only have himself to blame. He's evil. I do however think CL will still do the show.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4029950;
    Frank's ultimately was in love with someone else, that's life and it happens.
    Yeah life sure sucks doesn't it.. and I think Frank's an idiot for being on the show in the first place..

Closed Thread