Closed Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

Re: Frank - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024003;

Everything that we had heard indicated that Frank had wanted to leave much earlier in the process, but the producers made him stay and play it out the way it did in the Fantasy Date scenario.
    I remember in earlier seasons the pickees were always told they could leave it they wanted to.
    A couple of them took Chris up on his offer. IIRC one was during Andrew's season or possibly Aaron's, it was early on anyway.
    Now it seems as though they have no option but to stay until the picker decides not to give them a rose.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4024011;
    I remember in earlier seasons the pickees were always told they could leave it they wanted to.
    A couple of them took Chris up on his offer. IIRC one was during Andrew's season or possibly Aaron's, it was early on anyway.
    Now it seems as though they have no option but to stay until the picker decides not to give them a rose.
    Two or three seasons ago, a new contract was drawn up, and this was one of the changes. You can leave, but under their conditions.

Blondie Gal brought over the section, and it is a killer. I am being facetious, but they all but demand your first child in order for you to leave.

One of the stipulations is that the contestant has to repay all of the money spent on him/her to date. Can you imagine what they could (real or imagined) chalk up on that around the world tour Frank made with the Bachelorette?

They had him...there was no two ways about it. Our only thought was that he should have reacted (to Ali) in such a way as to have given her some kind of negative vibe - unless they covered that at least orally with him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024023;
    Two or three seasons ago, a new contract was drawn up, and this was one of the changes. You can leave, but under their conditions.

Blondie Gal brought over the section, and it is a killer. I am being facetious, but they all but demand your first child in order for you to leave.

One of the stipulations is that the contestant has to repay all of the money spent on him/her to date. Can you imagine what they could (real or imagined) chalk up on that around the world tour Frank made with the Bachelorette?

They had him...there was no two ways about it. Our only thought was that he should have reacted (to Ali) in such a way as to have given her some kind of negative vibe - unless they covered that at least orally with him as well.
    I felt like he did exactly that. But for every step he took backward, she took one forward.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;4024104;
    I felt like he did exactly that. But for every step he took backward, she took one forward.
    He gave her mixed signals. He pulled back a step and then jumped forwarded 4 steps every time he got attention and time alone with her. If he absolutely wanted out all he had to do was turn completely cold on her. Tell her completely why he didn't think they would work out and not then back it up by kissing her, or hyping her up. Even with ALi's need to fix her prior relationship, boyfriend attractions if he truly had turned cold on her she would have dumped him. Then, he would have had his way out. If you come on the show, read the contract, have your lawyer view it you better be ready to comply. That means while your there you better be focused on building relationship with her and not just to have fun. If you don't see it with her you better show it and let her see it by your actions. Then, she'll cut you loose and your holding to your contract and your integrity. If you came into play and had a residual girl on your mind and thought you'd get off easy while still getting a trip to Tahiti, that's on you. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024023;

Good heavens.
    I was unaware of that, thank you for the explanation.

I find it a little odd they went to such lengths to ensure people could not walk away when so few had in the past.
    If people had been dropping out left, right and centre then I could understand the need to get a very firm commitment to stay.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4024151;
    Good heavens.

I find it a little odd they went to such lengths to ensure people could not walk away when so few had in the past.
    If people had been dropping out left, right and centre then I could understand the need to get a very firm commitment to stay.
    I'm guessing that's the "Graham provision."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4024149;
    He gave her mixed signals. He pulled back a step and then jumped forwarded 4 steps every time he got attention and time alone with her. If he absolutely wanted out all he had to do was turn completely cold on her. Tell her completely why he didn't think they would work out and not then back it up by kissing her, or hyping her up. Even with ALi's need to fix her prior relationship, boyfriend attractions if he truly had turned cold on her she would have dumped him. Then, he would have had his way out. If you come on the show, read the contract, have your lawyer view it you better be ready to comply. That means while your there you better be focused on building relationship with her and not just to have fun. If you don't see it with her you better show it and let her see it by your actions. Then, she'll cut you loose and your holding to your contract and your integrity. If you came into play and had a residual girl on your mind and thought you'd get off easy while still getting a trip to Tahiti, that's on you. jmo
    Well Frank did drop the bomb that he still lives with his parents And was non-existant during the Iceland date

And on Ali's blog, Frank's dad told her Frank's not ready to commit.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-04-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4024151;
    Good heavens.

I remember in Aaron's season two girls opted to leave early. I liked when CH said that and don't at all like the new contract that they are obligated to stay. Horrible.

Remember the very nice but wonky girl Shannon from Jason's season? She finally understood he wasn't into her and asked to leave. She was done. They wouldn't let her but told Jason not to give her a rose that night. It's absurd.

Frank not showing up on ATFR prooves to me that he's even a bigger creep and is a more of a coward then Justin..
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Quote Originally Posted by ChelsieFan;4024725;
    I remember in Aaron's season two girls opted to leave early. I liked when CH said that and don't at all like the new contract that they are obligated to stay. Horrible.

Remember the very nice but wonky girl Shannon from Jason's season? She finally understood he wasn't into her and asked to leave. She was done. They wouldn't let her but told Jason not to give her a rose that night. It's absurd.
    I remember there were rumors that Tess asked to leave several times and they had to talk her into staying particularly because she was Andy's F1.

I feel like it's hard to get down to the bottom of how much pressure the producers put on people, though. Like Brad seemed to get away with choosing no one, Charlie dated his F2 for a while after the show and Ali was able to let down Chris before the FRC. Maybe if they think the 'storyline' will be good they give people more freedom of choice and free will?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Closed Thread