Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

Re: Frank - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by KP1;3921148;
    I speak mediocre French, and I've been to Paris, but I've not spoken much French in Paris because Parisians often find it insulting... they know English better than I know French, so why not speak English, seems to be the mindset. Basically, if you want to speak French in Paris, you need to pretend you're Russian or that you only speak French and some other language Parisians most likely won't speak.
    Interesting - to graduate from college I had to have 4 semesters of a language and took conversational French the last semester (a summer school with limited classes) with all the french majors. My French was good enough to travel the French speaking parts of Canada easily with only speaking French. I have been to Paris but it was before that. My sister spent months in France with her children home schooling and they all spoke no French going in but some returning. It is possible but the French don't treat Americans well no matter what language they speak. I think Frank an obviously intellegent man could survive and enjoy France especially Paris with out the benefit of speaking French. It helps to understand the language a little though.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

By the end of tonight's episode my initial impression of Frank (as being really cool and fun) had changed. Not really from anything he did (although I didn't like him interrupting Kasey's talk time w/ Ali). But there were other guys who appealled to me more, and so when they showed Frank again at the Episode 2 pre-RC cocktails, he looked bland and uninteresting compared to many of the other men.

Maybe I really wasn't into him much in the first place, considering how alarmed I was that she kissed him so much on that first afternoon.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3921885;
    By the end of tonight's episode my initial impression of Frank (as being really cool and fun) had changed. Not really from anything he did (although I didn't like him interrupting Kasey's talk time w/ Ali). But there were other guys who appealled to me more, and so when they showed Frank again at the Episode 2 pre-RC cocktails, he looked bland and uninteresting compared to many of the other men.

Maybe I really wasn't into him much in the first place, considering how alarmed I was that she kissed him so much on that first afternoon.
    Im glad you brought that up, i had forgotten about it! I didnt really care for that either. Dude you had a 1-on-1 date with her now just chill! Poor ole' Kasey, why do i get the feeling he's gonna get kicked around this season....but yeah i thought it was a bit rude and he's already received the rose--not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3922133;
    Im glad you brought that up, i had forgotten about it! I didnt really care for that either. Dude you had a 1-on-1 date with her now just chill! Poor ole' Kasey, why do i get the feeling he's gonna get kicked around this season....but yeah i thought it was a bit rude and he's already received the rose--not cool at all.
    Frank is getting an interesting edit. The interuptions by those who have roses already is a staple part of this show you see it several times each season. It adds to the drama of those that seem to be getting kicked around like you mention.
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-03-2010 at 04:53 PM.

old cow

I think I've figured out what bothers me about Frank. He reminds me of a used car salesman! They spin a good tale and are fast talkers; they don't give you anytime to process all the b/s they are feeding you.

And now my prize for figuring out the enigma that is Frank.......Triplets DANCE FOR ME!

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3922942;
    I think I've figured out what bothers me about Frank. He reminds me of a used car salesman! They spin a good tale and are fast talkers; they don't give you anytime to process all the b/s they are feeding you.

And now my prize for figuring out the enigma that is Frank.......Triplets DANCE FOR ME!
    Nice, Raisin, really nice. Congrats on that 1000th post.

If Frank is a used car salesman would you buy from him. He is interesting but not yet grounded in life. Frank can't make up his mind what he want to do. He is just kind of blowing in the wind now so my hope is Ali will see this and drop the guy. We'll see soon enough.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3922956;
    Nice, Raisin, really nice. Congrats on that 1000th post.

If Frank is a used car salesman would you buy from him. He is interesting but not yet grounded in life. Frank can't make up his mind what he want to do. He is just kind of blowing in the wind now so my hope is Ali will see this and drop the guy. We'll see soon enough.
    Aw thanxs for noticing eowenc; yeah im rather proud to making it to the 4 digit post marker.

No I must certainly would NOT buy a car from him!

IDK I guess I'm kinda hard on Frank, he just gives me that used car salesman vibe.........acutally i just wanted to see the triplets dance

I like him for entertainment value.

But things just don't seem to add up. He keeps saying that he quit his job and moved to Paris. I think I heard he was there for a month or a month and a half. I'd call that a vacation, not moving there. I've been on plenty of 4-8 week trips and I have never said I "moved to" another country.

So I guess the reality is that he had a nice job that paid well then quit or was fired. Then he took a vacation to Paris. Then he came home and moved in with his parents and took a job at a retail clothing store. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but yes, Raisin, I do think he's a bit of a you-know-what artist. I give you..... more triplets dancing!

I think Frank is feeling the blues, bigtime, in Episode 3. He's in the middle of wanting more time with Ali. At the same time, Ali's in the middle of swapping spit with EVERYONE. This has got to make Frank feel pretty low. I honestly couldn't watch a guy of mine climbing all over some other girl... Even though it's an act, they're still DOING THE ACTION WITH SOMEBODY WHO'S NOT YOU!! I would be hurt and then mad and then want to not be around that person to avoid any more hurt.

It's okay with me, I'm not a Frank fan, I think he's weird and kinda greasy. But I feel bad for what he must've been experiencing.

I liked Frank from date number 1...nurd or not, he seemed to be there for all the right reasons.

Ali's obvious insecurity, however, could taint that relationship. During the New York under the umbrella scene when Ali said "I am crazy about you, but I want you to be crazy about me too" JEEZ, could he have been anymore attentive, loving and honest that he was into her?...I began to have second thoughts about the Ali, Frank merger at this point.

Ali seems to constantly need reassurance...and reminded of how ever important she might be in these guys life. Some of this is understandable, due to the venue she's chosen to find a mate, but come on! She's unsure of herself, and unwilling to just unbutton her shirt and let it all hang out...so to speak. Some of the guys see her insecurity and inconfidence, and it could be a turn off to many of them.

Nothing worse than having a mate who's so insecure they need to be reminded of their self worth on an hourly basis, and validated on a contunual basis. I couldn't do it. If you don't love yourself...how can anyone else love you?

NVKitty

Closed Thread