Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

old cow

Re: Frank - no spoilers

Ok somethings not adding up with Frank. How do you live in Paris for a month & half and not no any French? I mean besides how to say yes. IDK, just something seems suspicious.....i cant really put my finger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3920088;
    Ok somethings not adding up with Frank. How do you live in Paris for a month & half and not no any French? I mean besides how to say yes. IDK, just something seems suspicious.....i cant really put my finger on it.
    They call him quirky but I call it strange. I'm looking forward to how this gentleman is accepted by the others in the mansion. Could Ali really go for this guy? Somehow I thought she wanted a real man! :nono
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Ok somethings not adding up with Frank. How do you live in Paris for a month & half and not no any French? .
    Pretty easily, theres pockets in the capital that are mainly english speaking. My mate lived in Brest (Breton region of France) and it took him ages to learn the language and he wouldnt speak it as he was worried he'd sound like an idiot, even when i went to visit him he resisted.

Ive been there 5 times now and can say only a handful of things...oops.

Ps: how much better does Frank look without glasses?
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

FORT Fogey

A month and a half is really not a long time at all! Why would someone bother to learn French if they will only be there for a month and a half? I don't see what is suspicious about that. Haven't you ever spent some time in a place where you could not speak the language?

Also, I think Frank is the best match for Ali. They both seem dorky and I think they are equally attractive. I like this match.

I do think it is a little weird that he did not know any French. DH and I love to travel to Mexico and we always at least try to learn more Spanish so we can speak it while down there. I know most of the tourist places would not expect it but I think they at least appreciate an attempt. Sheesh I have never taken a French class or even been to France but I at least know important phrases like, "where is the bathroom?" I mean c'mon!!

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3920351;
    A month and a half is really not a long time at all! Why would someone bother to learn French if they will only be there for a month and a half? I don't see what is suspicious about that. Haven't you ever spent some time in a place where you could not speak the language?

Also, I think Frank is the best match for Ali. They both seem dorky and I think they are equally attractive. I like this match.

well no actually.

Meh maybe you guys are right, but I still have a weird feeling about the guy. IDK just a hunch i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3920621;
    well no actually.

Meh maybe you guys are right, but I still have a weird feeling about the guy. IDK just a hunch i suppose
    Raisin I think I've figured it out. While making a sales call in 'Boy's Town' in Chicago I think I've seen this guy just hanging out. I assume you know about 'Boy's Town'.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I actually liked him - he's funny, cute and quirky.

KP1
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3920363;
    I do think it is a little weird that he did not know any French. DH and I love to travel to Mexico and we always at least try to learn more Spanish so we can speak it while down there. I know most of the tourist places would not expect it but I think they at least appreciate an attempt. Sheesh I have never taken a French class or even been to France but I at least know important phrases like, "where is the bathroom?" I mean c'mon!!
    I speak mediocre French, and I've been to Paris, but I've not spoken much French in Paris because Parisians often find it insulting... they know English better than I know French, so why not speak English, seems to be the mindset. Basically, if you want to speak French in Paris, you need to pretend you're Russian or that you only speak French and some other language Parisians most likely won't speak.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3920728;
    Raisin I think I've figured it out. While making a sales call in 'Boy's Town' in Chicago I think I've seen this guy just hanging out. I assume you know about 'Boy's Town'.
    Yes I've heard of Boystown in Chicago. Now I'm not saying he's gay and i dont really hate the guy its just something about his spaztic nature.....maybe it is the glasses because he does look alot better without them.

Closed Thread