Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

Re: Frank - no spoilers

Frank is a little too full of himself and not shy in front of the camera! He is a relatively good looking guy but is wearing the most unflattering glasses which bears a very odd resemblance to Fleiss --like a Fleiss Mini-Me!

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3913213;
    Did NOT like this guy. Too spastic and weird.
    Exactly, I want to change the channel whenever he's on.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

He seemed a little wild around the eyes to me. I could totally see him in a Glee/drama club
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Newbie

There is a facebook page up for him now and in the picture he looks so different...

Frank loose those glasses find something flatering. He will make great TV I think but if Ali really likes this guy I'm worried for her. He doesn't seem too stable to me.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3914035;
    It had to be more than just the glasses, but he reminds me of Reid. I loved Reid, but it took awhile for me to warm up to him. We'll see how it goes with Frank!
    I strongly suspect that he was cast by the producers to be a Reid redux, and told to wear the glasses all the time (just have a feeling he doesn't wear them so much in his real life)to further the comparison. He is definitely acting quirky, and may be presented as more sophisticated and intellectual than the other guys, ala Reid. So far (and I admit it is hard to know from one episode), his "charm" just seems too forced, like he is playing a role and is trying too hard to nail the character. I'm not feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3918164;
    I strongly suspect that he was cast by the producers to be a Reid redux, and told to wear the glasses all the time (just have a feeling he doesn't wear them so much in his real life)to further the comparison. He is definitely acting quirky, and may be presented as more sophisticated and intellectual than the other guys, ala Reid. So far (and I admit it is hard to know from one episode), his "charm" just seems too forced, like he is playing a role and is trying too hard to nail the character. I'm not feeling it.
    I totally get the Reid redo vibe with Frank and I am just not buying it. Reid's humor was pretty subtle and this guy is anything but subtle. I would agree with the previous post saying that they change the channel every time he's on the show.

"Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

FORT Newbie

I can't stand the man. He's creepy and too high energy and overly confident and I just don't like him. There's something wrong -- either he's not sincere and is acting or he's just plain nuts.

I liked Frank, I have a thing for wierd guys (marrying one in 3 months!) but I think hes the type of guy to easily fall inot the friend zone....or he laughs to hide secrets...wierd guys do that too.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

So in the opening episode I really liked Frank, but I just don't see the connection with him and Ali. No doubt they are saying all of the right things to each other, but I just don't see a connection beyond any of that. Other than I could see her with a quirky guy like Frank irl, I don't see any common ground or any passionate chemistry. I usually love the first dates, but this is one exception. Also, was anyone shocked to see him get the first date? I know I was.

He's creepy and too high energy and overly confident and I just don't like him. There's something wrong -- either he's not sincere and is acting or he's just plain nuts.
    I think I'm starting to find him creepy, too. Maybe he's overly happy all the time. That big perma-grin is almost offsetting.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Closed Thread