Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 104

Thread: Frank - no spoilers

  1. #91
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;4039426;
    I agree! I watched "500 Days of Summer" this weekend which Ali keeps saying is her favorite movie. Tom was what she thought was her ideal man. Summer up and married some other man and told Tom she found in the new guy what she could never be sure of with him. Tom's neurosis blocked his really relaxing and getting the girl, ala Frank. TPTB did a lot of story telling for Drama's sake and I really do think they used some of the premise to "500 Days" to create Ali's lovestory. Which explains why they created a "Tom" with Frank.
    I thought Frank is more like the Summer character. She was hot and then, cold with Tom right up till almost the end of the movie, only to turn around and got engaged and got married to someone else. Tom was completely heartbroken by Summer's misleading signals.

    Also, Frank wanted to leave pre-Iceland which is pre-episode 5.

  2. #92
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,035

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4039293;
    That's not true. Graham didn't like Deanna and simply wasn't into her at all. That's why he started mocking the system with his one-of-a-bunch excuse. When Deanna blew up on the guys during their surprise BBQ for her, Graham was like, I'm outta here. How do I get outta here

    As for Frank, he separated himself from the rest of the guys from Episode 1 during his talk with Ali during the M&G. He said, one of these guys could be your husband. He's already got one foot out the door with such a comment.
    We never got to read that letter Graham had ready and gave to DeAnna at the RC when he left. Inside info later said that when it was intimated to Graham (by a producer?) that DeAnna expected whoever was the F1 to propose, he left because he felt like he wasn't sure at that point in the process whether he would be ready to propose at the FRC if he were the F1. That would hold with the edit that we had been given of him throughout the show, including the reveal from his mom that he had never had a relationship (at that time) longer than a month as well as the fact that he had been an extremely reluctant recruit on the show.

    BTW, I don't mean to discount Graham's feelings about sharing kisses with the other guys, etc. He made those thoughts very plain!

    As for Frank, we have been told that he let the producers know perhaps as early as the end of the 2nd episode that he wanted to leave. If so, was that because of Nicole, or was that because he didn't feel secure in the process with Ali?
    How do we know, and how can we tell for sure?

  3. #93
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4039474;
    We never got to read that letter Graham had ready and gave to DeAnna at the RC when he left. Inside info later said that when it was intimated to Graham (by a producer?) that DeAnna expected whoever was the F1 to propose, he left because he felt like he wasn't sure at that point in the process whether he would be ready to propose at the FRC if he were the F1. That would hold with the edit that we had been given of him throughout the show, including the reveal from his mom that he had never had a relationship (at that time) longer than a month as well as the fact that he had been an extremely reluctant recruit on the show.

    BTW, I don't mean to discount Graham's feelings about sharing kisses with the other guys, etc. He made those thoughts very plain!

    As for Frank, we have been told that he let the producers know perhaps as early as the end of the 2nd episode that he wanted to leave. If so, was that because of Nicole, or was that because he didn't feel secure in the process with Ali?
    How do we know, and how can we tell for sure?
    Thank you Bloomers. I just remember during Graham and Deanna's first date, Graham was so standoff-ish towards Deanna. He really didn't act like he was into her much. That's just my interpretation. And yes, he's definitely not proposing to Deanna, for sure.

    As for Frank, he definitely wasn't into Ali after their first conversation with him separating himself from the rest of the guys. I thought it was clear when he said 'one of these guys could be your husband'.

    I bet he's heartbroken by Nicole that's why he quit his job and left for Paris with another girl or join a reality dating show Guys always attempt drastic moves as such thinking it'll heal their broken heart.

  4. #94
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4039246;
    I think there would have been a traditional FRC if Frank was in the F2 because she didn't care about hurting him or sparing his feelings like with Chris. As for the storyline, it would have been something like safety (ie what she's used to) vs. the risk (Roberto is nothing what she thought she wanted or ever dated before). In any case, I think Frank's edit would have been different and much more positive and less messed up than it was if he was in the F2 because otherwise, the fan-favorite in the F2 would be winning and that's something they avoid these days.
    Alanna,
    I believe CL didn't get his LCD because Ali wanted nothing to do with CL beyond as an F3. She had already turned off during his MTP - as if, he's overstayed his welcome. It was really sad. Ali probably put on a case with TPTB that she didn't want an LCD with CL because he's meant to be F3. Thus, the type of goodbye CL got.

    Even during the ATFR, she was dismissive of CL. She's still in the mindset that, CL's not the real F2. He was meant to be at the MTA and not the ATFR.

    She probably spent a lot of time poring over a very, very well-thought out and long speech for Frank though. She definitely wanted more closure from him, according to her JK skype session.

  5. #95
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4039293;
    That's not true. Graham didn't like Deanna and simply wasn't into her at all. That's why he started mocking the system with his one-of-a-bunch excuse. When Deanna blew up on the guys during their surprise BBQ for her, Graham was like, I'm outta here. How do I get outta here

    As for Frank, he separated himself from the rest of the guys from Episode 1 during his talk with Ali during the M&G. He said, one of these guys could be your husband. He's already got one foot out the door with such a comment.


    It is true. Believe me. He thought she had been kissing Jeremy, that's why he didn't want to kiss her. He didn't leave after the bbq, in fact he apologized to her for upsetting her. He put in the letter how he felt. I still say he exited because he wasn't the one, I'm willing to bet if Frank felt like he was the one, he would have stayed via his reaction to what Ali said on the day he left.

  6. #96
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4040003;
    It is true. Believe me. He thought she had been kissing Jeremy, that's why he didn't want to kiss her. He didn't leave after the bbq, in fact he apologized to her for upsetting her. He put in the letter how he felt. I still say he exited because he wasn't the one, I'm willing to bet if Frank felt like he was the one, he would have stayed via his reaction to what Ali said on the day he left.
    I'm assuming you're referring to Graham here. If you listened to one of RS's interview with Deanna (I remember Holly and Jeremy were in the interview as well), she admitted that Graham was who she wanted to be the last man standing. When Graham left, Deanna was so distraught that she didn't know what she was doing there anymore. Her own words, not mine.

    I'm not clear on what you're referring to when you said Frank's reaction on the day he left.

  7. #97
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4039484;
    Thank you Bloomers. I just remember during Graham and Deanna's first date, Graham was so standoff-ish towards Deanna. He really didn't act like he was into her much. That's just my interpretation. And yes, he's definitely not proposing to Deanna, for sure.

    As for Frank, he definitely wasn't into Ali after their first conversation with him separating himself from the rest of the guys. I thought it was clear when he said 'one of these guys could be your husband'.

    I bet he's heartbroken by Nicole that's why he quit his job and left for Paris with another girl or join a reality dating show Guys always attempt drastic moves as such thinking it'll heal their broken heart.
    I didn't really see anything wrong with what he said, he followed up that statement with a comment that it would "most likely be him" or something like that.

    I thought Frank was clearly very much into Ali on their first 1-on-1 date at the Hollywood sign. To me, it looked like he first started developing doubts on that BNL video shoot group date, when he saw her making out with Kirk despite not having really spent much alone time with him. After that, Frank's enthusiasm just seemed to dim and he became the insecure, nervous wreck we saw in all the future episodes.

    Or at least, that's the impression I got from what was aired on TV.

  8. #98
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    847

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by jupi;4040009;
    I didn't really see anything wrong with what he said, he followed up that statement with a comment that it would "most likely be him" or something like that.

    I thought Frank was clearly very much into Ali on their first 1-on-1 date at the Hollywood sign. To me, it looked like he first started developing doubts on that BNL video shoot group date, when he saw her making out with Kirk despite not having really spent much alone time with him. After that, Frank's enthusiasm just seemed to dim and he became the insecure, nervous wreck we saw in all the future episodes.

    Or at least, that's the impression I got from what was aired on TV.
    I think Frank was just sooo grateful to be out of the house during their first 1-1 date. He had the case of cabin-fever I'm not saying Frank didn't find Ali attractive what-so-ever, he definitely tried it out but, in the end, Nicole's his girl. With Ali, he seem to keep cooking up his exit strategy.

  9. #99
    FORT Fogey pbmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,426

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4040006;
    I'm assuming you're referring to Graham here. If you listened to one of RS's interview with Deanna (I remember Holly and Jeremy were in the interview as well), she admitted that Graham was who she wanted to be the last man standing. When Graham left, Deanna was so distraught that she didn't know what she was doing there anymore. Her own words, not mine.

    I'm not clear on what you're referring to when you said Frank's reaction on the day he left.

    On the bolded part, I was referring to Frank exit. I know Graham was her F1. when Ali was telling Frank about she was always trying to reassure him, and for him not to worry about the other guys, he looked at her like you mean I could have been the one.

  10. #100
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175

    Re: Frank - no spoilers

    With DeAnna she'd planned for Jason to be F4, Jesse F3, Jeremy F2 and Graham F1. Once she realized Graham was not going to budge, she went to the only other guy she had really bonded with (but only as a friend until HTDs). I remember Twilley predicting that it would be Jesse because he said that he and Graham were the only people she seemed to talk to off camera and that she talked to Jason the same way that she talked to him (which was without much interest). I think she was probably coached by producers to make Jason F2 because he would make a compelling bachelor.

    I think Frank would have been F2 only because he was always Ali's "type." Chris is a great guy but they started out slow and it just never picked up enough. She had instant connections, in different ways, with both Frank and Roberto.

    It's hard to break out of patterns. Some people repeat the same ones throughout their lives. Even at the LCD Ali was asking Roberto what his type was and telling him that he wasn't her normal type. That really seemed to bug her. But I think that no matter who the F2 was, it would have been Roberto regardless. No way you can get around that kind of chemical connection. Their first date was in no way comparable to the others - even though the one with Frank was cool!

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.