Closed Thread
Page 9 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3922927;
    He wore the shirt in this week's epi already. I noticed it right away but just learned what their plans are. So sad, yet so noble to give back to those that helped them. Graham Bunn in Deanna's season marketed T-Shirts for a good cause, but I don't remember if he wore them on the show but he did wear them in the after show events.

Both good guys.
    Hmmmmm, now I need to watch it over and look for the shirt. Both Graham and Chris are good guys but my hope is that Chris won't pull a 'Graham' on Ali.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3922875;
    We now have an excuse to call ChrisL's landscaping company or just another reason to love this guy! According to Chris' FB Fan site, he is wearing his company shirt in this week's epi. Their web site says the shirt will be available for purchase next week with a percentage of profits going to a good cause. Make mine blue!

Posted on on their website: E. Lambton Landscaping - Product Catalog

Oh my, did his mom die of ALS? I lost an Uncle at age 55 and a cousin at age 49 to this horrible disease. I will definitely order a shirt or two for this wonderful cause.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3923202;
    Oh my, did his mom die of ALS? I lost an Uncle at age 55 and a cousin at age 49 to this horrible disease. I will definitely order a shirt or two for this wonderful cause.
    I don't believe ALS was the cause but a similar type of disease, MSA. The Cape Cod agency that benefits from some of the T-Shirt profits provides aid to families through out the nation. It is a very noble gesture by Chris and his family for a worthy cause.

Selling the tshirts for the ALS organization, is an indication of the generosity of this family. We have seen so little of Chris, I'm hoping we get to see alot of him soon!

Working in the landscaping business vs teaching, after loosing a parent, IMO would be much more theraputic. Lots of physical activity, being outdoors, in CC, and lots of Vitamin D and fresh air, as opposed to a classroom setting in NYC.

I'd like one in each colour, however I would also like the model!

FORT Regular

Wow, fantastic cause, and just one more reason to adore this guy!

My father suffers from Alzheimer's, he's in the advanced stages of the disease. I moved back home in 2003, 1 year after his diagnosis, to help my mother care for him, which is becoming more and more challenging by the day. We want to continue to care for him at home and keep him with us as long as we can. So now I can really relate to CL's story with his mother. He's a lovely, lovely man for doing what he did for her, and for supporting such a worthy cause.

BTW, what is MSA, what does it stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3923476;

My father suffers from Alzheimer's, he's in the advanced stages of the disease. I moved back home in 2003, 1 year after his diagnosis, to help my mother care for him, which is becoming more and more challenging by the day. We want to continue to care for him at home and keep him with us as long as we can. So now I can really relate to CL's story with his mother. He's a lovely, lovely man for doing what he did for her, and for supporting such a worthy cause.

MSA = Multiple System Atrophy a degenerative disease which attacks the autonomic nervous system (bowel, bladder, blood pressures) and the nervous system controlling motor control. Normally a 9-12 year life span once diagnosed, progressive muscle wasting and atrophy with eventual bed confinement and death. One of those diseases that there is no cause, no treatment, no cure, much like ALS but not as rapid.
    Last edited by latergator; 06-04-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;3923562;
    MSA = Multiple System Atrophy a degenerative disease which attacks the autonomic nervous system (bowel, bladder, blood pressures) and the nervous system controlling motor control. Normally a 9-12 year life span once diagnosed, progressive muscle wasting and atrophy with eventual bed confinement and death. One of those diseases that there is no cause, no treatment, no cure, much like ALS but not as rapid.
    Wow, thanks for the information.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;3923476;

Hang in there.

FORT Regular

Yes, thank you latergator for those explanations, and Jexter for your words of encouragement! Much appreciated!

I admire anyone who will do all they can for their parents, ailing or not. It isn't an easy job. Chris is wonderful and caring to do what he did. I hate to say this...but my brothers wouldn't do what he did...my mom has MS and my dad is 70 and healthy (but needs dbl knee replacement and rotator cuff surgery).....this year I will need their help taking care of my mom but their wives won't let them (except one)...but I disgress...not going there...anyway, to me it says a lot that Chris would quit his job to help take care of his mom. It really touches me....I guess b/c I see how much (or should I say little) my brothers (3) and sister (1) help my mom and dad unless they want something...my DH helps my parents more then my family and that gets to me....

Anyway, that is a mouth full. Sorry. I admire Chris. He will make a wonderful husband and daddy one day. Whether it is with Ali or not. Who ever it will be is one lucky gal.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Closed Thread