Closed Thread
Page 75 of 118 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4031110;
    She was not wearing the same clothes from the night before. So even, it she spent the night with Roberto, she did go back to her room to shower and change. That would have given her time to think.....
    Well evidently not enough time..Chris still had to all but pull it out of her what she was trying to say.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4031115;
    Well evidently not enough time..Chris still had to all but pull it out of her what she was trying to say.
    haha GMTA I just posted almost the same thing
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by cookie5;4031110;
    She was not wearing the same clothes from the night before. So even, it she spent the night with Roberto, she did go back to her room to shower and change. That would have given her time to think.....
    ITA cookie, eveyone wants to think the worst of Ali, but IMO what Ali did was pure class to let him Chris go, not string him along and go through the motions on the LCD giving him hope, not making him go through the process of picking out a ring, and last and most importantly not let him get down on bended knee and propose only to be turned away.
    I only wish more indvidual would have had her guts take this route, as a propsal is something most ppl want to do once in a lifetime to the love of their lives. Ali was a total class act in that respect

How would ppl have felt had she pulled a Deyanna with Jason, seriously??????

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ladeedi12;4031127;
    ITA cookie, eveyone wants to think the worst of Ali, but IMO what Ali did was pure class to let him Chris go, not string him along and go through the motions on the LCD giving him hope, not making him go through the process of picking out a ring, and last and most importantly not let him get down on bended knee and propose only to be turned away.
    I only wish more indvidual would have had her guts take this route, as a propsal is something most ppl want to do once in a lifetime to the love of their lives. Ali was a total class act in that respect

How would ppl have felt had she pulled a Deyanna with Jason, seriously??????
    I don't think anyone is complaining about WHAT Ali did, as much as HOW she did it. It was classy to let him go early......but she could have used more tact in doing so. Reflectively, I'm sure even Ali would agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4031139;
    I don't think anyone is complaining about WHAT Ali did, as much as HOW she did it. It was classy to let him go early......but she could have used more tact in doing so. Reflectively, I'm sure even Ali would agree on that.

Problem is we do not know the whole conversation they had....remember EDITING plays a huge part in this show. How do we know Ali did not explain more in debt? You could tell it was heavily spliced, maybe TPTB did not what to show it all as they wanted fans to feel sorry for Chris, they want him for the next bachelor. What better way to gain a even more fans base, his sad back story, the fact that Ali let him go early on, makes a good story for him to be the next Bachelor forsure.

FORT Fogey

You know, I am torn between if it's more respectful for the leads to allow the F2 for the LCD, after all, it is call the last chance date, and the F2 did sacrifice alot to put themselves through this process. He or she does deserve the lead's full chance and attention. I remember Trista did give Charlie his last-chance respectfully and wanted to give him a fair chance, even though Trista's in love with Ryan then.

Then, at the FRC, the leads get dressed up formally and have the F2 at the FRC and then, truly look the F2 in the eye, and have a prepared, well thought-out, respectful closure speech for the F2. Surely the F2 deserve a well thought out speech.

F2 always get complimented for their qualities and then, are told respectfully how the leads have fallen for someone else. CL didn't have to propose, Ali can always tell him he isn't the one before he drops down on one knee. (What Deanna did was really the first and no other leads have ever stood there like a block and watch the F2 drop down on one knee - that's a whole other conversation )

I don't know.. I am glad CL didn't start picking out rings and had a ring in his pocket for the FRC
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-09-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ladeedi12;4031144;
    Problem is we do not know the whole conversation they had....remember EDITING plays a huge part in this show. How do we know Ali did not explain more in debt? You could tell it was heavily spliced, maybe TPTB did not what to show it all as they wanted fans to feel sorry for Chris, they want him for the next bachelor. What better way to gain a even more fans base, his sad back story, the fact that Ali let him go early on, makes a good story for him to be the next Bachelor forsure.
    I don't buy that at all MF wanted Ali to look as good as possible he has a mad crush on the girls and if she had a better break up speech I am 99% sure they would have showed it but they didn't. All her answers to Chris both on the finale and the ATFR just plain SUCKED imo
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Newbie

Would someone please enlighten those of us who, like Ali, apparently are not experts on the proper way to break up with someone, what exactly she should have said. Personally, I think she was in a no-win situation when it comes to the CL fans. She told him he was a great and amazing person with wonderful qualities but not the right guy for her. What else was she supposed to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4031150;
    I don't buy that at all MF wanted Ali to look as good as possible he has a mad crush on the girls and if she had a better break up speech I am 99% sure they would have showed it but they didn't. All her answers to Chris both on the finale and the ATFR just plain SUCKED imo
    Yeah, ATFR answers were just awkward and uncomfortable because she was really lacking in compassion. I know she was so happy and found Prince Charming and was finally getting to be with him, but she really was lacking tact and compassion speaking with Chris. She just wanted him off the stage already so she could cuddle with Roberto and watch their proposal.

She's still my very favorite lead, it's still my very favorite finale, I just wish she'd been more sensitive during that ATFR with Chris.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4031150;

I agree, especially with the ATFR answer. Her answer made absolutely no sense. I would have to agree with Joel McHale (the Soup) on this one!
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Closed Thread