Closed Thread
Page 72 of 118 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ladeedi12;4030926;
    So he told Ali back in April or May of this year during filming he would move , and sounded like he would move immediately....now then in an interview he says the following:

Chris Lambton: I think as of right now, I'm going to be on the Cape for a while. I love what I do. I live with my dad. I work with my dad and my brother. My other brother's right down the street. You know, we got the wedding that we're preparing for in October which is going to be an, you know, an incredible time.

So, I think, you know, short term, you know, I'm not even thinking about, you know, I'd say like moving to like L.A. or New York or teach again. You know, the great thing right now is that I have a lot of options and I just have to figure out what option's best for me.

I guess my question is this, how could he be telling Ali he would moved immediately to be with her, as I am sure he knew his brother was getting married in OCT all along....so his statements above lead me to believe Chrisyboy might have been playing his role well all along by telling Ali what he thinks she wants to hear.
    hey, think how you will. The above statement was taken at the final interview after the show, and if I'm not mistaken it was in the context of would you be the bachelor, or something like that. And yes, he is now saying that he wants to stay put... what he doesn't say is "to get over Ali and what he went through".

He would look a little silly moving to San Francisco to be with Ali now wouldn't you think? seeing as how she is in San Diego with Roberto. On the show he said he would go anywhere with the woman he loved, he could do anything anywhere as long as he was with the person he loved.

My Mainiac (born and raised) moved with me out of state (to Florida) and we made sure to get him back "home" 2-3 times a year for his New England fix. They do transplant well these northerners.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4030941;
    How does that make him "playing a role" he could have moved to be with her right after the show and they could have went back to Cape Cod in Oct to go to his brothers wedding with Ali. He said that he would move to be with her but they would have to visit cape cod like 6 times a year. Chris wasn't "playing a role" IMO he is the most genuine guy to ever be on the show and he really fell for Ali and wasn't just telling her what she wanted to hear.
    I completely agree with you that he's one of the most honest and genuine people we have ever had on this show. I do have one small caveat to add though in that I don't know if he really loved Ali or the idea of Ali, that perfect soulmate to fit into his family so he would finally have a wiffle ball teammate. When I think about it now, it seems to me that even if Roberto never existed, A/C still wouldn't have been the best match in terms of maturity level, wants/needs, etc.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4030935;
    I believe they sent over the 2 bottles of Champagne for the LCD hoping that Ali would change her mind and let Chris stay... They were wanting the humiliation at the FRC that they love. They had bought him a suit, had rings there and Ali not cooperating by letting him go early was not in their plan perhaps.

My opinion only.
    You are absolutely right, I think, in that is what they really had hoped.

Blondie PM'd me, however, an article from a couple of seasons ago where Fleiss mentioned that they were going to start going with the unpredictable. I had put that statement by Fleiss in the back of my mind, but that explains to me why Ali got away with being able to let Chris go at the start of the LCD instead of the FRC.

The producers are a heartless bunch, and they would opt for the heartbreak at the FRC over the LCD break anytime imo; however, there is also no denying that the LCD break was unpredictable, a new angle for them, and dramatic in its own right. That counts for a lot with those folks.

Nevertheless, I am still on the wagon that rolls toward the idea that they used the booze to keep Ali uninhibited, physically affectionate, and verbal.
    Thus, we had Ali lying on top of Chris and all but proposing to him on the Fantasy Date and pulling away on the Meet the Parents Date.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4030949;
    I know Mesmerizing avatar, Agentcurls.

Also regarding the alcohol for the FD between Ali and CL, man, is CL such chopped liver that there's no way Ali would want to make out and be so all-over CL?
    Ummm, I know all I would need is a gallon of Gatorade to make sure I had enough endurance to ________________.

Perhaps Ali was wrought with guilt in having to keep up the charade that she needed to drown it out with booze....

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4030952;
    I completely agree with you that he's one of the most honest and genuine people we have ever had on this show. I do have one small caveat to add though in that I don't know if he really loved Ali or the idea of Ali, that perfect soulmate to fit into his family so he would finally have a wiffle ball teammate. When I think about it now, it seems to me that even if Roberto never existed, A/C still wouldn't have been the best match in terms of maturity level, wants/needs, etc.
    yeah... I think he was too young for her

I don't doubt for one moment that he fell for Ali... once he started having feelings for her, it was all her. His eyes would search her out when he was in a room, the smile when he spotted her. You could see how affected he was by her even at the ATFR, it was Ali not the concept that moved him. He never bragged to the other guys about her and anything they "did" together. He was in love, lock-stock-and-barrel. He does not strike me as a person that falls easily into and out of love.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4030952;
    I'll drink to that

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4030963;
    Ummm, I know all I would need is a gallon of Gatorade to make sure I had enough endurance to ________________.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4030949;
    I know Mesmerizing avatar, Agentcurls.

Also regarding the alcohol for the FD between Ali and CL, man, is CL such chopped liver that there's no way Ali would want to make out and be so all-over CL?
    Yeah, I agree. I think she probably thought it was Roberto from the beginning, but that doesn't mean she didn't want to explore her other relationships to some extent to be SURE he was the one.
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4030961;
    You are absolutely right, I think, in that is what they really had hoped.

Blondie PM'd me, however, an article from a couple of seasons ago where Fleiss mentioned that they were going to start going with the unpredictable. I had put that statement by Fleiss in the back of my mind, but that explains to me why Ali got away with being able to let Chris go at the start of the LCD instead of the FRC.

The producers are a heartless bunch, and they would opt for the heartbreak at the FRC over the LCD break anytime imo; however, there is also no denying that the LCD break was unpredictable, a new angle for them, and dramatic in its own right. That counts for a lot with those folks.

Nevertheless, I am still on the wagon that rolls toward the idea that they used the booze to keep Ali uninhibited, physically affectionate, and verbal.
    Thus, we had Ali lying on top of Chris and all but proposing to him on the Fantasy Date and pulling away on the Meet the Parents Date.
    But if they wanted Chris as the next bachelor, they knew they probably couldn't go there or 5 million wouldn't have enough for him to say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4030897;
    This makes sense to me because otherwise how are we going from Ali plastering herself to Chris on the FD to 2-3 days later at MTP pulling away from him and wrapping her own arms around herself while with him? A person cannot change THAT quickly, there really had to be an X factor at play on the FD.

Does anyone think that Chris actually had the first Fantasy Date in Tahiti? that they just resequenced them in editing? So the lineup would be Chris, Rob, Frank?

Of course, having a possibly buzzed lead might yield the passionate date that Chris had that afternoon, but so would a first date right after an incredible HTD and before sparks flew with Roberto.

I also wonder about the PIs in, I think, week 4 or 5 of Chris in the clothes he was wearing the day Ali cut him loose. Either that guy was up early in the AM reminiscing about the past (that's awful to have him walk down memory lane if they knew he was a goner) or the date was later in the day, which, from Bloomers' post, it looks like it was at 11:30am.

In retrospect, I need to rewatch Chris. He was our narrator and his HTD was probably the very best in the history of this show. Like Reid, I hope he walks away from this show. Someone, some really wonderful woman, just like his mom, will show up in his life, and they can have coffee while sitting on the front porch in rocking chairs holding hands. I like that much better for this gem than the chance of not finding a pearl in a slew of clams.

The comments of the FORTERS about Chris moving in the future (with supporting facts of his NYC life,) I think are a wrong hypothesis at this time.

He absolutely did live away from home and by all accounts enjoyed his life. BUT, having come home to help his family with his mom, makes me think that he may take the long term view, that his dad is getting older and may need help with the business. I believe that if his Dads' health declined Chris would be happiest if he could be home to help out. JMO But he is as close as they come - family wise - and possibly even more so since his Mom passed away and I jsut don't see him as the next bach.

I also can paraphrase a response that I read from Chris. He said he wasn't sure he wanted his personal, intimate dating details on TV again and he would have to REALLY think if he wanted to share that all again.

As much as I would love to saddle up to the TV with my drool bag firmly attached, I truly hope he walks away. The Cape is a beautiful place any time of year and I am sure there is a wonderful hometown girl for him from the Cape area.
    I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK. They know me here.

Closed Thread