Closed Thread
Page 70 of 118 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Fanatic

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4030645;
    veg_out wow, you're not alone in this regard. Things like who was acting when, where, how... how much production played into the game... all sorts of unanswered questions. Some things took place at the f2 RC that made it appear that Ali was way beyond the friend zone with Chris (her giddiness when she called his name, wanting to get the rose perfect, her little shiver when Chris let her go after hugging her) just a few of the things that don't add up with the way things went down. Was this the acting that's been alluded to? or is it what is going on now? How is it that Chris was let go before the LCD and yet he didn't get back to the states until the 12th... same time that Ali showed up? What did they do with him? Was he on that little island? Supposedly FRC was the 8th or 9th... lots of questions, no answers.

My hope beyond hope is that Chris leads MF and production so far down that path of wooing him for the bachelor that MF is pooping Dennis bracelets... and then Chris drops him on his head! I will only watch this show again if Chris does take the job on, other than that, I am done.

ETA: forgot to add, who got custody of the pearls??? since Ali got the bracelet, maybe she let Chris have the black pearl (sure she did! )
    Just adding another perspective to this confusing season... and the Chris/Ali relationship.

I know Harrison's blog kept harping on Iceland as the place Ali "fell in love", but who knows? Maybe, as she suggested to her armchair psychiatrist, she did fall for more than one guy. (Those words DID come out of her mouth and Harrison NEVER specifically said in all of his posts that she fell for just ONE at that point.) Perhaps Roberto was always her numero uno, but the "gap" between him and the others wasn't as great as it often is in other seasons. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been as equally giddy with Chris... their scenes together did not call-out "Chris is a future reject" to me. Ali did say to her family that Roberto and Chris just had "little differences" (or some words to that effect)... probably just enough to give Roberto the edge, but certainly not enough to demote Chris to the same peg as, let's say, Kasey.

Heck, it was not like Jillian telling the "talking" totem polls in Maui to get Reid to propose because "we are running out of time" or persuading him to "let's get the s*** over with" thanks to a helicopter minister.

The funny thing about it all... Ali did look awfully guilty coming out of her overnight in Bora Bora with Roberto. When she was laughing and looking scattered seeing Chris just before The Great Dump, it was as if she just had the most satisfying experience the night before. (Let you folks imagine the details on your own.) Yes, like Jillian, Ali has some "needs" that outweigh some of her other "needs". Poor Kiptyn only got the tranquil surf "symbol" with his LCD with Jillian... no volcano or popping helicopter cherry there. Say what we want about "JED", there was at least ONE thing keeping them together! (I think Mike Fleiss is a little tooooo eager to find the next "that's my man!" Bob Guiney among his Bachelorettes.)

A typical season is probably 50% "seeing it as it happens" and 50% post-production "hindsight" and "revised history". Ali had a different take on her Journey after it was done and over with than she did experiencing it at the time. One reason so many of her voice-overs about "our relationship being slow" didn't make sense with the material we saw on screen was because these lines were added later as "excuses" for her dumping Chris... even if she didn't necessarily feel this way at the time. Later, we get all of the "making up for lost time" comments in Cape Cod and Tahiti... again half-truths/half lies used to justify why the makeout sessions did not exactly involve Roberto in the back of her mind. (Poor Roberto... let's hope they prepped him ahead of time and he is OK seeing all of this on TV. Either that or the producers are purposely out to sabotage this relationship.)

This revising-the-Journey-in-hindsight may also account for the reason why Frank is less of a Big Deal now than he was in Tahiti. As Harrison asked her, is it really "all about" Frank or just what he did? Maybe Roberto was always her top pick, but he made her scared because he was "a shy guy" and "a mystery" and a potential Frank who "won't love me back". She went ahead and tossed caution to the wind with Chris, since she knew he was NOT a Frank in any way and she needed him as backup. After leaving Chris, she was still crying and wondering if she made a mistake. It is true that she loved Roberto more, but that doesn't mean she didn't fear the possibility of Roberto rejecting her the next day. Harrison told her she had to let that fear go back in Iceland and she didn't. I must also add that Harrison pointed out on his blog that she was "taking a risk" choosing Roberto.

Now, I'm not saying this season was like Jillian's in that there were two Final Ones (Reid replacing Ed when Jillian didn't think he'd come back). I just think that Chris as final 2, and possibly Frank as "co-F2", were not too far behind in her affections for Roberto. There was definitely a greater gap between Trista's Ryan and Charlie, Meredith's Ian and Matt and Jen's Jerry and JP (despite her dumping both) and even Deanna's Jesse and Jason than there was between Roberto and Chris.

sunshine08

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;4030830;
    [/B]

The girl who Chris picks has to be ready, willing and able to move to the Cape or close to it. Chris would be miserable living anywhere else. This is one of the reasons I didn't think Chris and Ali were a good match.
    Um, I don't think any of us know Chris, therefore we don't know whether this is true or not. After all he did live in NYC for 5 years
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

[/B]

The girl who Chris picks has to be ready, willing and able to move to the Cape or close to it. Chris would be miserable living anywhere else. This is one of the reasons I didn't think Chris and Ali were a good match.
    How do you know Chris has even said that he doesn't care where he lives if he is with the one that he loves. Plus he lived and taught in NY for 5 years and it sounded like he loved living there and wasn't miserable at all
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4030832;
    Just adding another perspective to this confusing season... and the Chris/Ali relationship.

I know Harrison's blog kept harping on Iceland as the place Ali "fell in love", but who knows? Maybe, as she suggested to her armchair psychiatrist, she did fall for more than one guy. (Those words DID come out of her mouth and Harrison NEVER specifically said in all of his posts that she fell for just ONE at that point.) Perhaps Roberto was always her numero uno, but the "gap" between him and the others wasn't as great as it often is in other seasons. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been as equally giddy with Chris... their scenes together did not call-out "Chris is a future reject" to me. Ali did say to her family that Roberto and Chris just had "little differences" (or some words to that effect)... probably just enough to give Roberto the edge, but certainly not enough to demote Chris to the same peg as, let's say, Kasey.

Heck, it was not like Jillian telling the "talking" totem polls in Maui to get Reid to propose because "we are running out of time" or persuading him to "let's get the s*** over with" thanks to a helicopter minister.

The funny thing about it all... Ali did look awfully guilty coming out of her overnight in Bora Bora with Roberto. When she was laughing and looking scattered seeing Chris just before The Great Dump, it was as if she just had the most satisfying experience the night before. (Let you folks imagine the details on your own.) Yes, like Jillian, Ali has some "needs" that outweigh some of her other "needs". Poor Kiptyn only got the tranquil surf "symbol" with his LCD with Jillian... no volcano or popping helicopter cherry there. Say what we want about "JED", there was at least ONE thing keeping them together! (I think Mike Fleiss is a little tooooo eager to find the next "that's my man!" Bob Guiney among his Bachelorettes.)

A typical season is probably 50% "seeing it as it happens" and 50% post-production "hindsight" and "revised history". Ali had a different take on her Journey after it was done and over with than she did experiencing it at the time. One reason so many of her voice-overs about "our relationship being slow" didn't make sense with the material we saw on screen was because these lines were added later as "excuses" for her dumping Chris... even if she didn't necessarily feel this way at the time. Later, we get all of the "making up for lost time" comments in Cape Cod and Tahiti... again half-truths/half lies used to justify why the makeout sessions did not exactly involve Roberto in the back of her mind. (Poor Roberto... let's hope they prepped him ahead of time and he is OK seeing all of this on TV. Either that or the producers are purposely out to sabotage this relationship.)

This revising-the-Journey-in-hindsight may also account for the reason why Frank is less of a Big Deal now than he was in Tahiti. As Harrison asked her, is it really "all about" Frank or just what he did? Maybe Roberto was always her top pick, but he made her scared because he was "a shy guy" and "a mystery" and a potential Frank who "won't love me back". She went ahead and tossed caution to the wind with Chris, since she knew he was NOT a Frank in any way and she needed him as backup. After leaving Chris, she was still crying and wondering if she made a mistake. It is true that she loved Roberto more, but that doesn't mean she didn't fear the possibility of Roberto rejecting her the next day. Harrison told her she had to let that fear go back in Iceland and she didn't. I must also add that Harrison pointed out on his blog that she was "taking a risk" choosing Roberto.

Now, I'm not saying this season was like Jillian's in that there were two Final Ones (Reid replacing Ed when Jillian didn't think he'd come back). I just think that Chris as final 2, and possibly Frank as "co-F2", were not too far behind in her affections for Roberto. There was definitely a greater gap between Trista's Ryan and Charlie, Meredith's Ian and Matt and Jen's Jerry and JP (despite her dumping both) and even Deanna's Jesse and Jason than there was between Roberto and Chris.
    It was obvious to anybody studying the edit that they were adding Ali's "slow" lines to the Portugal date from a later point, but what is harder to deny is Chris's statements that the relationship progressed slowly.
    The "cup flipping" gave a buddy feel. All of the remarks geared to "back home" made us think, "Yeah, you and me (ignore the grammar) are meant to hang together." Cap that off by the "friend" remark, and the scooter scene where she tells us she is going to take over the situation (she is going to wear the pants), and we have an uh-oh situation.
    They did a number on us in the Fantasy Date. Whereas heretofor the catamaran, jumping off, and any hint of a private island had been indicators of an F1, Roberto got the lagoon where there was nothing to do but to concentrate on each other.
    Due to the info that they sent over 2 bottles of champagne for an 11:30 a.m. LCD with Chris (really? a morning sun and water date??), I am thinking that they intentionally plied Ms. Ali with booze to free her inhibitions so that she would be both more physically loving and loquacious. Hence, we got the Fantasy Date with Chris that we got.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4030866;
    It was obvious to anybody studying the edit that they were adding Ali's "slow" lines to the Portugal date from a later point, but what is harder to deny is Chris's statements that the relationship progressed slowly.
    The "cup flipping" gave a buddy feel. All of the remarks geared to "back home" made us think, "Yeah, you and me (ignore the grammar) are meant to hang together." Cap that off by the "friend" remark, and the scooter scene where she tells us she is going to take over the situation (she is going to wear the pants), and we have an uh-oh situation.
    They did a number on us in the Fantasy Date. Whereas heretofor the catamaran, jumping off, and any hint of a private island had been indicators of an F1, Roberto got the lagoon where there was nothing to do but to concentrate on each other.
    Due to the info that they sent over 2 bottles of champagne for an 11:30 a.m. LCD with Chris (really? a morning sun and water date??), I am thinking that they intentionally plied Ms. Ali with booze to free her inhibitions so that she would be both more physically loving and loquacious. Hence, we got the Fantasy Date with Chris that we got.
    Do you mean the Fantasy Date and not the Last-Chance-Date (LCD)?

This is what CL said during the ABC Medianet interview regarding moving:
    Chris Lambton: I think as of right now, I'm going to be on the Cape for a while. I love what I do. I live with my dad. I work with my dad and my brother. My other brother's right down the street. You know, we got the wedding that we're preparing for in October which is going to be an, you know, an incredible time.

So, I think, you know, short term, you know, I'm not even thinking about, you know, I'd say like moving to like L.A. or New York or teach again. You know, the great thing right now is that I have a lot of options and I just have to figure out what option's best for me.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-09-2010 at 01:54 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4030877;
    Do you mean the Fantasy Date and not the Last-Chance-Date (LCD)?
    We were told that they sent over the 2 bottles of champagne for the 11:30 a.m. LCD which didn't happen.

Because they sent over so much Champagne for a morning/early afternoon water and sun date, I am now wondering if they didn't also ply Ali with a lot of booze on the Fantasy Date with Chris as well. That might have accounted for how free she was with both her physical affections and statements.
    It certainly wouldn't be the first time that the producers have used booze to try and get the results that they want.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

[/B]

Chris seems like he is ready to go where love takes him if he found the right person to do it with. I know he enjoys the Cape and is extremely close with his family, but that doesn't mean he might not want to try living anywhere else. He did live in NYC for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4030891;
    We were told that they sent over the 2 bottles of champagne for the 11:30 a.m. LCD which didn't happen.

Because they sent over so much Champagne for a morning/early afternoon water and sun date, I am now wondering if they didn't also ply Ali with a lot of booze on the Fantasy Date with Chris as well. That might have accounted for how free she was with both her physical affections and statements.
    It certainly wouldn't be the first time that the producers have used booze to try and get the results that they want.
    This makes sense to me because otherwise how are we going from Ali plastering herself to Chris on the FD to 2-3 days later at MTP pulling away from him and wrapping her own arms around herself while with him? A person cannot change THAT quickly, there really had to be an X factor at play on the FD.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fanatic

Didn't Chris tell Ali that he would go wherever to be with her? Am I imagining this?

Quote Originally Posted by mslady;4030898;
    Didn't Chris tell Ali that he would go wherever to be with her? Am I imagining this?
    yeah he told her that as long as he is with her he didn't care where they lived or what they did
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Closed Thread