Closed Thread
Page 7 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

old cow

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Count me in on the Chris L fan club! The picture on this thread doesn't do him justice, he is rather attractive on camera. I can't wait for his one on one date with Ali. I think i remember from the previews that it will be coming up soon.

I hope to see Chris and Ali settle down a bit with each other. Reminds me of when I meet a redhead. I get weak in the knees and find it hard to talk at first. It's a problem I've had for as long as I can remember. Okay Chris let's get ahold of yourself for the next meeting. Something is telling me she likes you but it's time to get down to business and let her get to know you as you learn about her.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

I hope you all don't mind one more comment on the subject of whether or not Chris' response regarding his late Mother was a lie, or appropriate. I believe reading the varying reactions here and some of the differences of opinion almost answers the question. People grieve differently, and they also respond differently to sad news. Why would he want a woman he is just meeting to be lost for words or struggling to give her condolences? He didn't know Ali well enough, and he's on camera being observed by many people. I think he answered appropriately and further honestly, as I'm fairly sure that Chris, his dad and his family most likely feel they are "together" with Mom in spirit ... always.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Dear Ali,

Pick this guy and be done with it.

Sincerely,
    Everyone
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

I am (the only one) not sold on this guy. I went back and checked page 1 cuz honestly I couldn't remember anything about him except that he lied to Ali. The thing that caught my eye is "A typical Saturday night: Hanging out in a bar". It seems kinda odd that a high-school teacher wouldn't have more interesting things to do than be a barfly, especially in a culture-rich city like New York. What a way to let time pass and burn through your dough. He's not even a teacher like people said, but a landscaper instead, which more suits the "bar regular" personality. Did I hear the timeframe correctly, that his mom died a year-and-a-half ago? Which would mean he quit teaching a couple years ago. Maybe he didn't do the bar-hanging in NYC but got into the habit after moving back home.

I still think it's weird that Ali would hear him say he lives with his Dad, and a minute later not question his response about his Mom & Dad living together. And then we he says yes, wouldn't she wonder why somebody that old would be living with parents?

I bet that is a lonely household without the mom there to add some estrogen. He is probably a good guy to have put in that number of years teaching school. But I don't go for bar-regulars, and I'm surprised Ali would be attracted to that type of personality. Maybe they will fall in love and will come up with more exciting ways to spend their Saturday nights.

(I sound old.)
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-03-2010 at 10:27 AM.

P.S. I also think Ali's favorites are the ones who DIDN't get dates in Episode 2. She was using that first dating week as a way to weed out the people she was UNSURE about.

If you tell someone everything about your life the first time meeting them what is left to talk about in the future? There is a time and place for everything. I don't think Ali is the type of person to hold that against him with all that he has been through. Remember she lost a grandmother that she loved and we saw that in her HTD with Jake.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

This man just makes me melt - honest. His eyes, his voice - just about everything about him.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3921828;
    I hope you all don't mind one more comment on the subject of whether or not Chris' response regarding his late Mother was a lie, or appropriate. I believe reading the varying reactions here and some of the differences of opinion almost answers the question. People grieve differently, and they also respond differently to sad news. Why would he want a woman he is just meeting to be lost for words or struggling to give her condolences? He didn't know Ali well enough, and he's on camera being observed by many people. I think he answered appropriately and further honestly, as I'm fairly sure that Chris, his dad and his family most likely feel they are "together" with Mom in spirit ... always.
    Yeah I have no problems with him not telling Ali about his mother's passing. In fact it was kinda smart not to play the sympathy card and just let her find out about it on a later date.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3921870;
    Dear Ali,

Pick this guy and be done with it.

Sincerely,
    Everyone
    My very early prediction: if Ali doesnt pick him in the end he will be the next Bachelor.

Closed Thread