Closed Thread
Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;4030113;

One thing I have picked up with The Bachelorette shows is that the guys get even more wrapped up emotionally with the lead than the ladies in The Bachelor. Frank actually thought he was her number one at first... then wised up and hoppity-hopped back to Nicole. When Ali got so upset, he once again thought... just maybe... he was still her final one. His tearfest looked MUCH more convincing than hers in Tahiti. It is possible (just speculation) that she may have just had a bruised "rejection ego" and was over-reacting to it, but did Frank actually think he "broke her heart"?
    Well Ali actually admitted to JK that she was crushed and devastated. Take it as you will whether it's scripted or whatever.

Love is the only reality Agentcurls's Avatar

Well-said JBF, as always. I've had some of these same thoughts regarding the ridiculous edit this season swirling in my head...but couldn't articulate them as nicely as you did.

If we ever plan on watching this show again, and that's a BIG if for me, we may be a little wiser as far as edit goes....or maybe there shouldn't even be an edit thread next season, but rather a "mixed messages" thread in it's place?

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;4029728;
    Because Fleiss stopped short of showing Chris when he really broke down and lowered his head into his hands obviously sobbing.

It is Chris's last scene, as he's riding away in the boat the scene switches back to his last PI and he's saying --

"I'm still not there yet. Which means I have to keep looking and . . . I mean . . . just gotta keep lookin."

Chris starts nodding his head, biting his lip, and wiping away a tear.

Then he starts rubbing his head, bends down rubbing his eyes and you can definitely hear SOBS!!!

So, if Fleiss had shown the rest of that scene we would have also seen Chris break down and sob! But Fleiss spared him.

I think it is therefore COMPLETELY UNFAIR to try to compare the "classiness" of the way Ali and Chris handled their breakups! :nono

[mod edit]
    I don't think she was referring to the obvious emotional reaction, as in crying I think it was more along the.... "why did he string be along, he knew how attached to him I had become" and the "I think it was very selfish" etc remarks that she was spouting out in her upset at his rejection. Can't you see the difference. It's what she said, not her tears.

The fact that Chris was so visibly shocked and distraught and still took the high road and wished her well put her happiness before his own. That's when true love and class was displayed...IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;4030027;
    I know the blurb in US Weekly has been discussed, but I just wanted to say I was excited to read that producers have been scouting romantic locales near his home on Cape Cod. Autumn in New England is lovely.
    Aww im glad to hear that! I really hope that if he is the bachelor that they film it in Cape Cod
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4029667;
    Then, why did Ali say she could see herself spend the rest of her life with Frank after getting dumped? Why even bother with the hissy fit if Roberto is her no. 1?
    ITA. I would bet everything I own that Frank was her F1. During her fit she says that early on she thought Frank was everything she was looking for in a guy and that she thought he could be her husband. Plus, she kept reassuring him over and over again that he had nothing to worry about regarding the other guys. Why would she do that? Yep, he was her F1, no matter what she says now. Ali was about to go for the same ole guy she always went for. Yea, she was hot for Roberto and I think she fell in love with him in the end, but I think she got her man by accident with Frank's leaving. That girl should give thanks every day.

ETA: Our sweet CL was going to be sent home at that F3/F2 RC in Taha and I think he would have been completely shocked. When he stepped off that boat at the RC, he looked and acted like he didn't have a care in the world. He was to be our beloved F3 and by coincidence, he became our beloved F2 and hopefully our next Bachelor.
    Last edited by n4692u; 08-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4030343;
    ITA. I would bet everything I own that Frank was her F1. During her fit she says that early on she thought Frank was everything she was looking for in a guy and that she thought he could be her husband. Plus, she kept reassuring him over and over again that he had nothing to worry about regarding the other guys. Why would she do that? Yep, he was her F1, no matter what she says now. Ali was about to go for the same ole guy she always went for. Yea, she was hot for Roberto and I think she fell in love with him in the end, but I think she got her man by accident with Frank's leaving. That girl should give thanks every day.

ETA: Our sweet CL was going to be sent home at that F3/F2 RC in Taha and I think he would have been completely shocked. When he stepped off that boat at the RC, he looked and acted like he didn't have a care in the world. He was to be our beloved F3 and by coincidence, he became our beloved F2 and hopefully our next Bachelor.
    ITA- I just re-watched the HTD and FD with Ali and Frank. There is NO way that she was gonna let Frank go. NO WAY!! She had a total melt down. If that was acting then she deserves and Oscar. She was not going to let him go. She reassured him to not worry about the other guys. He was going to meet her parents. She could not wait for Frank to show in Tahiti. She really missed him. She said, I had my two dates now I can't wait to see Frank.

Roberto was definitely her default F1. Thank god, Chris was let go.
    Love is the only reality.~Chris L.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4030138;
    Well Ali actually admitted to JK that she was crushed and devastated. Take it as you will whether it's scripted or whatever.
    She was devastated... so my answer would be "un-scripted". Then again, Harrison asked her: was it really "all about Frank?" (paraphrasing... obviously, I can't remember the exact words) Bottom line: it is so hard to determine how she feels about Frank today with so many contradicting comments. Heck, maybe as a few here have suggested, he was just cast for a role... we will never know "100%".

In addition, Harrison stated in his blog on 7/20: "Would Frank have gotten a rose if he had stayed? The answer is maybe, but weíll never know. As you saw at this point, Ali is in love or falling in love with all three of these guys. There is very little separating them at this point. Thatís what makes this season so compelling. In seasons past, itís been more cut and dry, and the choice seemed obvious. Thatís just not the case this year."

Another way of understanding these lines... "The editors did such a super-dooper job manipulating us all, we have no clue whether the 'smoking hot' guy will be her pick or the 'amazing husband' willing to run circles around her or if she picks nobody because she was head over heels in love with Frankie. We are covering all of our bases so y'all can speculate until finale time... nothing is more imnportant to the producers than making you tune in a state of gullible innocence."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4030343;

The big red, honking flag in the F1 Frank edit that just has to be taken into consideration is that she said perhaps 3 times that Frank scared her. In order for Frank to have become her F1, it would have been necessary for the edit to have shown us how Frank overcame her fear of Frank: his personality, his lack of ability to step it up and be there when it counted, and in a real sense his ability to prove that he was not the same guy as all the other guys in her past who had failed her. It was necessary for Frank to prove that to her.
    That at the point of the Fantasy Date he did indeed fail her just as the other "Franks" in her life lends credibility to the theory that Frank would never have reached F1.

IMO, had Frank remained, Chris would have left at the F3 RC as the wonderful F3 fan favorite. Ali would have come to the conclusion that the Franks of this world are wonderful for friends and for entertainment, but they are not the stability that she craves. Roberto would have won out at F1.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcurls;4030273;
    Well-said JBF, as always. I've had some of these same thoughts regarding the ridiculous edit this season swirling in my head...but couldn't articulate them as nicely as you did.

If we ever plan on watching this show again, and that's a BIG if for me, we may be a little wiser as far as edit goes....or maybe there shouldn't even be an edit thread next season, but rather a "mixed messages" thread in it's place?
    Here try this for size... all in good fun and subject to corrections by fellow analyzers. Also, since Ali couldn't give Chris L. a straight answer regarding what she gained from their relationship... consider this what I the viewer gained from watching their relationship on TV and, once again, picking the WRONG final one this season.

Top 15 signs that you are NOT the final one

1.) There is less footage of you in the upcoming previews than anybody else. Why? No clue, but Fleiss & Co. love doing it this way. Maybe they don't want the masses thinking too much of you in upcoming episodes... that is, your "future" will be so sad, sad, sad. (This is why Reid and Chris were buried in the previews.)

2.) On the other hand, there is more footage of you on the actual show than practically anybody else. This means the producers LOVE you enough to want to "recycle" later.

3.) Saying you are in love is a Big No-No. The actual Final One only says it in cheesy post-Fantasy Suite videos or in the final rose ceremony... not before. This is especially true with the Bachelorette. Women not named Trista ONLY chase after men who run from them or are a "mystery" to them. They don't go for those who are gooey eyed for them. Oh... and if you can say you can't live without The Star, that makes you even more of a glutton for torture. Better yet, use the word "vulnerable". In that way, the cameras will get real close to you when suffering your heartbreak. Tenley's tears were presented in High Definition.

4.) You frequently get called for the first rose. This is a sign that The Star is stringing you along.

5.) Everybody likes you... both viewers and those who compete with you. A standing ovation at MTA or WTA helps. Nobody likes the Final One unless his name is Ryan Sutter, and even Charlie griped a bit about him when he "glowed" after Sea World. Also no "dirty laundry" in the tabloids pretty much confirms that the producers plan to utilize your services for another season or Bachelor Pad.

6.) The Star says you would make an Amazing Husband or Wife and can see themselves marrying you. This basically means that you will and the Final One won't. Not that it matters, since The Star will break up with their chosen a few weeks after show anyway. This show is not supposed to have a marriage unless The Star does a switcheroo post-show.

7.) They use Trista/Ryan's proposal music for you or any other "final one theme". This is strictly a come-on to trick viewers and sleuthers. Jason got a ton of it with Deanna.

8.) No-no words from The Star: "slow", "too late", "friend", "buddy", "perfect", "a gentleman", "can't find flaw", "instant perma-grin", you make them "laugh", you make them feel "emotional", "everything happens for a reason" (huh-oh) and, on your dates, "it is just the two of us" (always a fib).

9.) The Star gives you passionate kisses, sometimes open mouthed. (Deanna kissed Jeremy like a fudge-cycle.) The Final One only gets them when the cameras are NOT rolling. Also The Star hugs you more than the others... often first in group dates.

10.) You are "concerned" about The Star dating other people. The Final One could care less... they might just "even the score" post-show instead.

11.) You get the biggest Fantasy Suite. The producers ended the myth about Final One getting "the biggest" ages ago. Ed practically got Motel 6 his season. In any case, they want you to enjoy yourself before you get dumped. The Star may even allow you to close the suite door.

12.) Also, it makes it so much easier for viewers to recognize you as a Final Two Dumpee if you acknowledge Mr. Harrison before going to the Suite. Sometimes Final Three also thanks Mr. Harrison, but Final Two must ALWAYS remember to or The Star will correct your manners.
    Jason to Deanna: "Is he around here? Hope not."
    Kiptyn forgot to with Jillian (but she mentions him), but that's OK... we knew he was F2 all along.
    Gia thanks Mr. Harrison, but Tenley doesn't. Nonetheless, Jake makes a point to remind Tenley that the card is "from Mr. Harrison". At least Tenley doesn't interrupt him.
    Chris to Ali: "Will he jump up in scuba gear and scare me?
    ... it also helps if either you are totally "coy" like Kiptyn and Tenley or the opposite: Jason flung The Card in the air and Chris sang "fantasy suiiiiiiiite".

13.) Also, it makes it so much easier for viewers to recognize you as a Final Three Dumpee (or dumper, as in Frank) if The Star acts hotter with you than the others.
    Deanna couldn't wait to get Jeremy into the sack and he practically slammed the door on the camera crew.
    Favorite line from Jason's Jillian: ''I knew if we were to spend the night together, it'd be a long night. I just wanted to make sure he could handle that, handle all of this fire."
    In turn, when she called the shots, Kiptyn kept his clothes on, Ed suffered a "misfire" prompting the lights to turn on again and "Honey Bear" got a bubble bath.
    Favorite Jake line: "Swinging on the hammock with Gia. It's like our bodies FIT together." Gia: "I'm ready to go All The Way." Again... bubble bath time.
    Never-mind that nothing happened between Ali and Frankie: she was "head over heels" for him. She already dubbed him a "lover" back in Istanbul and had every intention of "adding to history" in Tahiti.

14.) No tightrope or bungee jump, no final rose for you. Molly had to wait for New Zealand for hers... and had to wait until after the show to be Jason's Final One.

15.) Most importantly, don't come onto this show after a sad divorce (Jason, Tenley), a lost parent(s) (Deanna herself, Jeremy, Chris), have "trouble opening up" (practically all rejects) or being the heartbreaker and not the heartbreakee (Kiptyn). You are destined to be dumped.

Also remember that this show is not about romance... which is why Final One always get less attention on screen than you. This show is all about tragedy and drama! drama! drama! Oh... and if you gouge your eyes out like Oedipus Rex, they will give you even more screen time.

Another way of understanding these lines... "The editors did such a super-dooper job manipulating us all, we have no clue whether the 'smoking hot' guy will be her pick or the 'amazing husband' willing to run circles around her or if she picks nobody because she was head over heels in love with Frankie. We are covering all of our bases so y'all can speculate until finale time... nothing is more imnportant to the producers than making you tune in a state of gullible innocence."[/QUOTE]

So true. This show has become so disappointing when it comes to leading the viewer on, along with the F3 and F2. I hope Chris says NO to TB....

Closed Thread