Closed Thread
Page 65 of 118 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4029678;
    She said it (while sobbing away) when she was bawling and bawling about Frank in Tahiti.

Again, I just see a huge contrast of classiness between the way CL handled his break up and the way Ali handled her break-up with Frank.
    hmm I don't remember it sounding like she was sobbing when she said it, I remember it being a clear voice but I don't have time to check the tape. Or maybe it was a Frankenbite or it was scripted, there are other explanations too. But the thing is, there's no way she would have chosen neurotic Frank who needed constant reassurances over the rock solid Roberto if it came down to those two in the end. Once Roberto told her that he was in love with her then it would have been Game Over. She didn't want to spend the rest of her life reassuring Frank and telling him to man up, which we saw her do more than once during the show and her impatience with him being a baby about "the process" was pretty obvious. He was a hot mess.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything I can say to convince some people that Frank was her F2, so we can agree to disagree and it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;4029643;
    Frank was her planned F2. He represented all her ex-boyfriends who broke her heart and rejecting him at F2 and choosing Roberto would have been a compelling story. She HAS to take someone to F2 and they're making a tv show, they wanted to tell a story. So yes, it would have sucked for Frank if he loved her, but it had to be somebody! Chris would have avoided the heartache of meeting Ali's family and falling more in love with her but Frankie bailed (because he knew Ali wouldn't choose him AND he didn't want to lose Nicole too) and stuck Chris with the job. Thankfully Ali dug in her heels and refused to put Chris through the LCD and the FRC and he deeply appreciates it.

She explains in her blog that she was so upset because Frank leaving for an ex-girlfriend was on the heels of Justin leaving for an ex-girlfriend and she wondered who was next? Her biggest fear was that Roberto was "too good to be true" and he wouldn't love her back or he'd leave too. She was crushed, she thought it looked like the process wasn't going to work for her. It also dredged up the hurt of a past relationship where a guy she cared a lot about dumped her and returned to his ex-girlfriend.

Ali kept a journal during filming (this is the story of how I met my husband) and she wrote throughout the process that Frank was not the one, she knew he'd hurt her. Roberto has no doubt he was her F1, from the first impression rose to the final rose. She said in the first episode she gave the FIR to the man she thought she'd be with in the end, and she was right.
    what a lovely fairy tale... and it could very well be true. I only know how the edit played out, and up until Frank left he was "edited" as f1 and Chris as f3 with Roberto as f2. When FD came and Frank left... Chris was edited at f1 Roberto as f2.

Story or not, it was decided that f2 fit more in the end result for Ali and Roberto became f1 and Chris f2. Thankfully, at least I was shown some story behind Roberto at the MTP and the LCD (even the Roberto/Ali fans are wishing they had seen more of a love story between them), other wise I would be shaking my head more and more how in the he$$ did that happen? Ali's blog with the jabs at Chris did not indicate anything but serious contender for f1. What she "wrote" in her diary is total speculation at this point.

Truthfully none of this matters any longer, but I do get upset when people have tried to go back now and totally discount what we were shown on the show from production. Editing completely threw the show this season... which will make it extremely difficult to figure out any future shows, and the viewers are more or less resigned to just having spoilers out there. For me, that will take away a big part of the reason to watch the show in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4029686;
    what a lovely fairy tale... and it could very well be true. I only know how the edit played out, and up until Frank left he was "edited" as f1 and Chris as f3 with Roberto as f2. When FD came and Frank left... Chris was edited at f1 Roberto as f2.

Story or not, it was decided that f2 fit more in the end result for Ali and Roberto became f1 and Chris f2. Thankfully, at least I was shown some story behind Roberto at the MTP and the LCD (even the Roberto/Ali fans are wishing they had seen more of a love story between them), other wise I would be shaking my head more and more how in the he$$ did that happen? Ali's blog with the jabs at Chris did not indicate anything but serious contender for f1. What she "wrote" in her diary is total speculation at this point.

Truthfully none of this matters any longer, but I do get upset when people have tried to go back now and totally discount what we were shown on the show from production. Editing completely threw the show this season... which will make it extremely difficult to figure out any future shows, and the viewers are more or less resigned to just having spoilers out there. For me, that will take away a big part of the reason to watch the show in the first place.
    The editing this season was HILARIOUS. Seriously, it was a joke. The whole time I thought 'how could A/R build a relationship that was based on primarily arguing who was the cuter and sexier of the two of them?" The bulk of their conversations were- you're beautiful, no you're gorgeous, you're so hot, it was a freakin heart, an island shaped heart, so sexy!! What the buh?! Yet when we got to see them at MTP, LCD, and even the deleted clip about food-sharing, it's so clear how much they loved and trusted each other.

Then we had Chris and Ali, the love story you, me, and around 70% of the viewers got to 'see.' Obviously, there was so much editing going on that it's crazy. Again, it's all editing. I'm sure she did 'love' him as a friend and they had a real connection but not to the extent edit made it seem like.

As for Frank, there is no way he would have been F1. He represents everyone who's hurt her in the past. There is no doubt that she liked him and maybe thought he was her F1 because it's what she's used to. Once she realized that Roberto really did fall in love with her, that she had nothing to be scared of when it came to his feelings, she would have chosen him no matter if Frank was still there.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;4029690;
    The editing this season was HILARIOUS. Seriously, it was a joke. The whole time I thought 'how could A/R build a relationship that was based on primarily arguing who was the cuter and sexier of the two of them?" The bulk of their conversations were- you're beautiful, no you're gorgeous, you're so hot, it was a freakin heart, an island shaped heart, so sexy!! What the buh?! Yet when we got to see them at MTP, LCD, and even the deleted clip about food-sharing, it's so clear how much they loved and trusted each other.

Then we had Chris and Ali, the love story you, me, and around 70% of the viewers got to 'see.' Obviously, there was so much editing going on that it's crazy. Again, it's all editing. I'm sure she did 'love' him as a friend and they had a real connection but not to the extent edit made it seem like.

As for Frank, there is no way he would have been F1. He represents everyone who's hurt her in the past. There is no doubt that she liked him and maybe thought he was her F1 because it's what she's used to. Once she realized that Roberto really did fall in love with her, that she had nothing to be scared of when it came to his feelings, she would have chosen him no matter if Frank was still there.
    Great post! I thought the edit was a bit confusing, but always saw more than just a F2 "Lust" edit with R & L and also thought that the Chris edit was too much like Jason's to be anything but a set-up for the next Bachelor. I think some viewers got so caught up in watching Chris (like I did with Jason on Dee's season) and him falling for Ali that they missed seeing that Ali's feelings weren't the same - she just didn't have the same awe struck look with Chris as she did with Roberto, at least in my eyes.

Yet when we got to see them at MTP, LCD, and even the deleted clip about food-sharing, it's so clear how much they loved and trusted each other.
    I am thinking about changing my username to foodsharer because I am so in love with that clip.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4029596;
    Not that it really means anything in the long run... but this was an obvious edit cut. Her mouth is full when she asks the question, and then she is sipping languorously on her drink when he answers. If you look closely at that whole conversation between them, you can see the edit cuts, and hear them.

The second bolded part above... Ali did not thank him for doing the show and say it was fun (whispered)... what she did whisper was "you're cute" kissed him then said "I had a really fun day today, thank you" and Chris whispered back "so did I. I had more than fun... it was amazing." She then kissed him twice more before he said the "I can see myself with you forever, you know that right?" and she answered back with the "Really?" and he gave her the three Really's and the kisses following each one.

In this particular instance, I don't believe that Chris had any inclination of what was going down, as a matter of fact at this particular point in the show, it was "apparent" by edit he was f1.

Yeah..not buying it either.. he may have seen them staring at eachother in Turkey or Portugal..or where ever it was..but the guy genuinely thought Ali was falling for him, and he genuinely thought he had heart. Just cause certain people think Ali and Roberto's cough"great love"cough can be seen from Mars..doesn't mean it was obvious to everyone.

I just don't know, Alanna. I had thought he wouldn't be until Ali insisted that he'd have been in the f2 and she wanted him to meet her family. I can't understand why she'd intentionally undermine what people saw with Chris (not to mention being a slap in the face for Chris) unless it was true. That along with Roberto getting the classic f2 edit makes me wonder if Frank was going to be the f1 and Ali decided to go with the chemistry guy after he left.

I'm getting such a DeAnna/Jesse vibe with A/R and can't shake that no matter how good looking Roberto is and how lovey dovey they appear. Hopefully if Chris decides to do TB he comes out with a love story that we can all believe.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4029678;
    Again, I just see a huge contrast of classiness between the way CL handled his break up and the way Ali handled her break-up with Frank.
    Because Fleiss stopped short of showing Chris when he really broke down and lowered his head into his hands obviously sobbing.

It is Chris's last scene, as he's riding away in the boat the scene switches back to his last PI and he's saying --

"I'm still not there yet. Which means I have to keep looking and . . . I mean . . . just gotta keep lookin."

Chris starts nodding his head, biting his lip, and wiping away a tear.

Then he starts rubbing his head, bends down rubbing his eyes and you can definitely hear SOBS!!!

So, if Fleiss had shown the rest of that scene we would have also seen Chris break down and sob! But Fleiss spared him.

I think it is therefore COMPLETELY UNFAIR to try to compare the "classiness" of the way Ali and Chris handled their breakups! :nono

[mod edit]
    Last edited by hepcat; 08-08-2010 at 03:33 PM.

Rewatching the diary of the departed with Chris, he is really devastated. I don't think I've seen a guy more heart broken and yes that includes Jason. Even during his teleconference, Chris sounds down and even says "obviously, I wish it were me". I am thinking that his hesitation for doing the bachelor comes from how blindsided he was and how deep his disappointment runs. I have no doubt that he will bounce back but this guy is fiercely loyal and it will take some time for him to move on completely.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4029709;
    [/B]

Yeah..not buying it either.. he may have seen them staring at eachother in Turkey or Portugal..or where ever it was..but the guy genuinely thought Ali was falling for him, and he genuinely thought he had heart. Just cause certain people think Ali and Roberto's cough"great love"cough can be seen from Mars..doesn't mean it was obvious to everyone.
    Thank you for this.

Closed Thread