Closed Thread
Page 62 of 118 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4028744;
    CL knows he can do better and deserves better I mean, we all know
    I'm not the judge of that and can't guess what Chris feels in his heart. But I know that as The Bachelor, Chris, too, would have to sort through the various women and he, too, will have to bring someone to the F2. Ultimately, except perhaps for those sent home the first night, some will claim to be lead on and some will get hurt. It's the structure of the show.

I would guess that the private F2 rejection that he experienced will be one that is repeated in the future. I might be in the minority, but I'm willing to give Ali some credit for that. She firmly believes that a proposal of marriage is a once-in-a-lifetime event and she didn't want to take that from Chris.

HOWEVER, I also want to add that while Roberto DID ask to speak first and launched into his proposal immediately, I MUCH preferred Trista's season when she spoke first to Ryan and let him know of her choice and THEN he proposed. Unfortunately, DeAnna DIDN'T do that and lots of folks were justifiably upset that she stood there like a block of wood and let Jason propose before she clued him in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4028745;
    Still sucks that he didn't get what he wanted even if it is WAY better for him in the long run. He deserves all the happiness in the world.
    I know it sucks he got his heartbroken. Though, he's not going to find happiness with Ali, I am positive. He can do so much better and I can't tell you how extremely glad I am he's not with Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy's Mom;4028754;
    I'm not the judge of that and can't guess what Chris feels in his heart. But I know that as The Bachelor, Chris, too, would have to sort through the various women and he, too, will have to bring someone to the F2. Ultimately, except perhaps for those sent home the first night, some will claim to be lead on and some will get hurt. It's the structure of the show.
    If the F2 isn't as gracious and classy as CL when Ali broke up with CL, then, the F2 isn't the right one for him obviously. CL has set the precedent and the standard on how one should behave when someone's breaking up with you.

I mean, his 'Good luck tomorrow. Go find out if he loves you' and at the ATFC, his 'I'm so happy you found love'. Gosh.. melt...sweetheart all the way.

I mean compare it with the way Ali reacted when Frank dumped her. No comparison what-so-ever and a world of difference.
    Last edited by veryaddicted; 08-07-2010 at 03:52 PM.

Regarding other articles....I read one where Ali says Chris is doing fine...at that point Roberto actually jumped in and said "I don't think so"...Ali says "Really?" Obviously Ali is not in tune with other people's feelings and cannot read them either (no empathy) Kudos to Roberto for seeing Chris's hurt and acknowledging it...

Quote Originally Posted by lyn60;4028910;
    Regarding other articles....I read one where Ali says Chris is doing fine...at that point Roberto actually jumped in and said "I don't think so"...Ali says "Really?" Obviously Ali is not in tune with other people's feelings and cannot read them either (no empathy) Kudos to Roberto for seeing Chris's hurt and acknowledging it...
    I thought it was Regis who said I don't think so? Did Rob really say it too?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4028943;
    I read this ...and it was attributed to Roberto....I didn't watch Regis.

Quote Originally Posted by lyn60;4028954;
    I read this ...and it was attributed to Roberto....I didn't watch Regis.
    Oh okay. Because when they were on Kelly and Regis, Regis asked Ali if she broke Chris' heart and Ali says, I think he will be okay and Regis says, No I don't think so. That's why it sounded familiar to me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4028943;
    I'm not really sure, but it seems that he did. I watched it and you don't see him say it, but Regis wasn't talking.

Chris said that he talks to Roberto each week, so they prob touched on this a bit.

I wish both got to be at the race for Chris L to cheer him on, but it looks like Roberto is back to work then.

People need to take plenty of pics at the race, if they go!
    Last edited by atem; 08-07-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4029022;
    I'm not really sure, but it seems that he did. I watched it and you don't see him say it, but Regis wasn't talking.

Chris said that he talks to Roberto each week, so they prob touched on this a bit.

I wish both got to be at the race for Chris L to cheer him on, but it looks like Roberto is back to work then.

People need to take plenty of pics at the race, if they go!
    I saw the show and I can say with 100% certainty that it was Regis who said it (he was joking), NOT Roberto. Let's kill this rumor before it develops legs.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4029064;
    I saw the show and I can say with 100% certainty that it was Regis who said it (he was joking), NOT Roberto. Let's kill this rumor before it develops legs.
    I know he said it the first time, but it looked/seemed like Roberto confirmed it.

I said I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;4029093;
    I know he said it the first time, but it looked/seemed like Roberto confirmed it.

I said I wasn't sure.
    I honestly don't recall Roberto confirming it or not, but since Regis clearly said it initially as a joke (because how would he possibly know what Chris is feeling?), if Roberto did echo it, it was also meant as part of the same joke. The whole interview was very lighthearted, with a lot of banter back and forth, and R&K always poke fun a little at the "winning" couple.

Since the poster who brought up the incident used it as an indication of Ali's lack of sensitivity to others' feelings, I just wanted to clarify that this wasn't how it went down. Ali may indeed be insensitive, but this isn't an example of it.
    Last edited by ironcat; 08-07-2010 at 09:07 PM.

Closed Thread