Closed Thread
Page 61 of 118 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RealityAlert;4028522;
    Natural beauty spots would be wonderful. Think about how successful so many beach shots are on the B/B franchise! And places like lighthouses still give them privacy. True sailing ships. Even some historic places could be romantic. Maple syrup tapping with a small concert afterwards. New York (ethnic areas,),Washington DC and Boston could yield lots of fasciinating places. Truly the dates need to get away from "dinners" and wineries -- have the couples doing/seeing things while getting to know each other. Attending a cooking show. And I like the charity dates and maybe "What would you do" challenges would be cool - what are their true values when the 'prospects' see someone needing help. Maybe interacting with teenagers - gees does that show a person's true colors. I'd like for the lead to have times to view from a hidden camera. Not all the time - but a few scenes. And of course I see Chris doing well in this kind of show. Dinner dates are not his strength, (nor anyone else's), and we don't need exotic locations until the fantasy dates. We still want our dream locale for those and a place for the 'happy couple' to return to thru the years as their special place.
    While I agree that natural beauty spots would be great, as well as some more "normal" type dates, I don't wish to be denied opportunities for him to be shown in his swim trunks. He looks extra hot with his sun tan and while I don't feel like seeing his harem's "assets", I also don't want to watch a season where everyone is bundled up in outerwear, looking all pasty and Vitamin D deprived. If there are adrenaline type dates, make sure we spread the wealth so it doesn't become contrived that the one who took the "leap of faith" or who was dangled right side up or upside down is a shoe-in for the F1.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet M;4025787;
    It's interesting to have you bring this up. I recently watched that season on reruns and it was refreshing. The girls had a bit of natural drama but nothing seemed too fake. Travis was very good with everything--honest and cool. He doesn't have Chris's wit but I thought he was really kind and decent with all the power. I don't recall anything that left Travis looking bad, and he was not the least bit sleazy with the process.
    I watched that season when it aired and thought Travis was a stick (ie no personality). I think he wanted out by halfway through the season and it showed in his pick. I liked Sarah but you could tell they were nothing more than friends. There was a lot of drama with Moana, reminded me of Ali during Jake's and DeAnna during Brad's. I do think there's a good chance that MF could resist trying to make Chris look bad but only because the public would be out for blood if he tried to trash him. You know there would be major drama queens but hopefully there would be some nice normal women as well. Sarah B from Charlie's season comes to mind.

How adorable is he in those FB pics?

We can still get lots of bathing trunk pics......Florida, Bahamas...there are a lot of locations that are still pretty warm (we could insist in his contract that he MUST go shirtless most of the season...no matter the temp!!) just give us more natural dates....they can be anywhere in the world without being outlandish and unattainable for the average person.....I LOVE the idea of the bach being able to see the girls/guys behind the scenes.....or a hidden spy that watches and can report back obvious "ringers"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4028561;
    I watched that season when it aired and thought Travis was a stick (ie no personality). I think he wanted out by halfway through the season and it showed in his pick. I liked Sarah but you could tell they were nothing more than friends. There was a lot of drama with Moana, reminded me of Ali during Jake's and DeAnna during Brad's. I do think there's a good chance that MF could resist trying to make Chris look bad but only because the public would be out for blood if he tried to trash him. You know there would be major drama queens but hopefully there would be some nice normal women as well. Sarah B from Charlie's season comes to mind.

I was thinking this morning that when you have a really "good guy" bach is when you have the biggest, wildest catfights and drama in the house!
    I guess there has to be a trade-off somewhere, and that seems to be it.

Ironically, the Bach has no idea what is going on in the house. ( I just need one of those emoticons where the smile has one eyebrow significantly lifted.)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4028561;

When we compare CL with Dr Stork is simply on the editing basis - not base on personality Dr Stork came out of the series without any negative publicity or editing that may have thrown him under the bus.

Besides, it's better to be a stick than what happened with Jake or even the backlash with Brad or even Byron (is that his name?).

I hope if Chris is the bachelor that the age range is 28-39. I hate it when they put 22 year olds with a 34 year old bachelor.

Referencing posts on another thread about Chris still seeming downhearted in his interviews...

He had a short while to return to normal life and begin to distance himself, but as the finale aired and the interviews began, he's had to view and talk about and dissect the relationship with Ali all over again. I would imagine that would again bring old feelings to the surface, feelings that he may have been starting to put away.

Time heals and I believe Chris has certainly demonstrated enormous personal strength in his life. He will heal from this, too. If he were to decide to take on the role of The Bachelor, he has a few more months to prepare himself psychologically.

Chris will be just fine.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy's Mom;4028741;
    Referencing posts on another thread about Chris still seeming downhearted in his interviews...

He had a short while to return to normal life and begin to distance himself, but as the finale aired and the interviews began, he's had to view and talk about and dissect the relationship with Ali all over again. I would imagine that would again bring old feelings to the surface, feelings that he may have been starting to put away.

Time heals and I believe Chris has certainly demonstrated enormous personal strength in his life. He will heal from this, too. If he were to decide to take on the role of The Bachelor, he has a few more months to prepare himself psychologically.

Chris will be just fine.
    CL knows he can do better and deserves better I mean, we all know

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzy's Mom;4028741;

Chris will be just fine.
    Still sucks that he didn't get what he wanted even if it is WAY better for him in the long run. He deserves all the happiness in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4028745;
    Still sucks that he didn't get what he wanted even if it is WAY better for him in the long run. He deserves all the happiness in the world.
    Ali wasn't what he wanted or needed because he deserves a woman who will gaze at him and get lost in him like Ali does in Roberto. And I'm sure he's going to find that someone incredible. I'm just hoping we get to meet her and get to see them fall in love
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Closed Thread