Closed Thread
Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

It just seems to me that if he lied when the truth wasn't even a deal-breaker, how would he act in the future when there may actually be something at stake to lie about. (Not future episodes, but future life.)

Any correction of this lie in the future better include a big apology from him for letting it out there and not immediately correcting it -- NOT a glossover with an excuse of 'oh it just wasn't a good topic for first conversation'. The only thing worse than a lie is a guy who tries to excuse it, or convince you his lying is okay.

Consider "Shooter". Now there's a guy who--when given a perfect opportunity to lie--blurted out the truth instead. Regardless of whether or not it cost him his shot on TV and his shot at love, the truth just propelled itself out there I'd take Shooter (a guy who can't help but tell the truth) over a guy who's dishonest. Shooter's problem can be corrected easily. And 10 years down the road, honesty is so dam_ respectful!

Everybody's different, but I don't think any good relationship can be formed when the first conversation includes a needless lie. Past experience with liars tells me IT'S NOT WORTH IT. Hopefully this guy will prove me wrong though.
    Last edited by fireflyer; 05-31-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919192;
    It just seems to me that if he lied when the truth wasn't even a deal-breaker, how would he act in the future when there may actually be something at stake to lie about. (Not future episodes, but future life.)

Any correction of this lie in the future better include a big apology from him for letting it out there and not immediately correcting it -- NOT a glossover with an excuse of 'oh it just wasn't a good topic for first conversation'. The only thing worse than a lie is a guy who tries to excuse it, or convince you his lying is okay.

Consider "Shooter". Now there's a guy who--when given a perfect opportunity to lie--blurted out the truth instead. Regardless of whether or not it cost him his shot on TV and his shot at love, the truth just propelled itself out there I'd take Shooter (a guy who can't help but tell the truth) over a guy who's dishonest. Shooter's problem can be corrected easily. And 10 years down the road, honesty is so dam_ respectful!

Everybody's different, but I don't think any good relationship can be formed when the first conversation includes a needless lie. Past experience with liars tells me IT'S NOT WORTH IT. Hopefully this guy will prove me wrong though.

Shooter might not have lied, but telling that story cost him a rose and a chance to get to know Ali better.

There is a time and place for everything. Chris L. felt the M & G was not the time to share what happened to his mother.

IMO unless you know the whole situation or story it is painful for someone to loose a person very dear to them.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3919198;
    Shooter might not have lied, but telling that story cost him a rose and a chance to get to know Ali better.

There is a time and place for everything. Chris L. felt the M & G was not the time to share what happened to his mother.

IMO unless you know the whole situation or story it is painful for someone to loose a person very dear to them.
    I agree, a year and half is not that long ago, and by saying that she passed away in that situation, may have brought sadness to the moment. I think he did the right thing by waiting to tell Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3919207;
    I agree, a year and half is not that long ago, and by saying that she passed away in that situation, may have brought sadness to the moment. I think he did the right thing by waiting to tell Ali.
    This discussion is all very interesting and now I can't wait to see how Chris tells Ali about his mother. I'm sure she will be impressed.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3919178;
    I wouldn't call what Chris did at the M&G telling a lie. Rather for good reasons he withheld some information that was more appriately to be shared later if she liked him enough to keep him that night. I respect him for not wanting the sympath rose because she feels bad for him over his loss. His hope is that it will influence Ali more later or at least that's my read on the situation.
    ITA! Chris was admittedly nervous the first night -- we also know he was already smitten with Ali before he met her. He obviously loved his mother dearly and was noble in his devotion to her in her time of need. Chris wears his heart on his sleeve and was trying to make a good first impression on Ali (in a very brief period). He was very nervous and I would certainly not fault him for what he did at that moment. We need to cut the poor guy a break. Calling him a liar, which Chris H did was going too far. :nono

hmm not sure if hes hot but his personality is, a guy who cared for his ill mother....you know hed be there for you.
    BIG BROTHER INSTANT CELEBRITY MIX- Just add Fame hungry Idiot.

Warning: Effects may not last.

Wow, he was really giddy with Ali tonight and she was with him! Soo cute!

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919192;

I don't think Chris owes any apology to Ali his Mother meant so much to him as evidence by him spending the time he had left with her and he didn't want to tell something so deeply personal and intimate on their first conversation together. I fully respect Chris even more for waiting.

I love this guy totally he is so genuine he is also not bad on the eyeballs LOL
    Last edited by MattLuvsShayne; 06-01-2010 at 03:19 AM.

I wouldn't call Chris leaving out that his mother had passed away lying either. He only had a few minutes to talk to her and obviously his mom's death meant more to him than just a quick mention. The fact that he went home to spend time with her, defines who he is. He didn't feel the need to tell Ali to get a sympathy rose and will share it with her if they actually ever get some quality alone time. I respect for that, not think he's liar because of it, that's a little harsh IMO
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

How cute was Chris L last night?!?!?!
    Him and Ali were so nervous around eachother...it was adorable.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Closed Thread