Closed Thread
Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4024201;
    Ok but you haven't heard he actually agreed, right? US magazine said it's confirmed 100%
    No, I haven't heard anything. I was on the board that afternoon and just happened to be in the right spot. That info was shared with me by a poster who goes back several seasons (with me) on this board. She knew the info and asked if I would share it.
    I am not in the same position at all to know or share the other news. Sorry!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MelFan;4024207;
    where dose US magazine say that?
    In the media thread, someone posted that US said it's 100% confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024210;
    No, I haven't heard anything. I was on the board that afternoon and just happened to be in the right spot. That info was shared with me by a poster who goes back several seasons (with me) on this board. She knew the info and asked if I would share it.
    I am not in the same position at all to know or share the other news. Sorry!

Ok thank you. You mean, you have other news about CL? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4024199;
    Here's what I am thinking at this point....

Based on info that came down the line to me from friends of the family as of right before we viewed the finale (that afternoon), Chris had turned down the Bach offer, and they had upped the ante 3 times. I reported that just as soon as I was given the info.

Now....immediately after the finale aired, there has been this onslaught and pouring out of love towards Chris and his father directly from people and from the the media.
    They are bombarding him with their interest in him as the Bachelor.

Maybe since he has experienced this level of "Chris love" and the desire for him to be the Bachelor, he may re-consider the offer.

Fleiss has protected some of the Bachelors. Andrew Firestone, Travis Stork, and Andy Baldwin (except when he told Bevin he loved her too) all got very good edits.
    If Chris does decide to do the Bachelor, I would think given his popularity MF would be foolish to mess with giving him a bad edit. Especially coming off Ali's "wonderful" season. The response to this season has been over the top, people seeing as the best one yet, obviously what people want to see.
    Can you imagine the back lash this show would receive if he screwed Chris over?? I dont' think MF would do it. (then again...who knows)

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4024225;
    If Chris does decide to do the Bachelor, I would think given his popularity MF would be foolish to mess with giving him a bad edit. Especially coming off Ali's "wonderful" season. The response to this season has been over the top, people seeing as the best one yet, obviously what people want to see.
    Can you imagine the back lash this show would receive if he screwed Chris over?? I dont' think MF would do it. (then again...who knows)
    I agree MF would be an idiot if he screwed Chris over considering he is the most popular bach this show has had and will most likey bring him HUGE ratings. Hopefully this season is a wake up call to MF on what the viewers really want to see. Two great guys, A love story and a little drama thrown in here and there.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;4024225;
    I'm not really thinking that Chris would get a bad edit, I don't think he would give them anything that could be that bad. I just assume that after he viewed this season, watching how they edited things, his heavy family storyline, voice overs/splicing all of that to allude the audience, and sharing so many personal things about himself, I get the feeling that he is protective of that, and feels he's not ready to have everyone view that part of him. Of course people love him and would enjoy nothing more than him finding his soulmate. I don't see him using this show as a vehicle for that, at this point anyways. The money would be huge though..and something to consider for his future. I would love to see him every monday night for a couple months, don't get me wrong.....I just hope he says no.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4024213;
    In the media thread, someone posted that US said it's 100% confirmed.

[/B]

Ok thank you. You mean, you have other news about CL? Just curious
    No, I have no news. I only had the other because of my friend, and I haven't seen her on here.

I was going to say maybe some of that group who know or know of the family may come and give an update, but what just occurred to me is that the family may want some privacy.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4023857;
    Yea I really worry about the guy going through the wringer of MF and ABC

If they can focus on ALS organization on his show (if he really is going through with this), that'll be good. If they can film the whole show in Cape Cod, that'll be good too. And get rid of those stupid group dates or 2-1 dates
    I just wrote a long post that somehow disappeared before I had finished, how does that happen?

Anyway the crux of what I wanted to say was wouldn't it be amazing for Chris to have some major creative control and try to guide Fleiss and Co's moral compass? this franchise has gone downhill for awhile now... wouldn't it be amazing to have real women come on, we really get to learn about them, have dates including group ones almost like rope courses at camp, w/o booze to really get to the heart of who these people are, so we feel as if we know them, nothing intrusive of course. Like shows such as the Amazing race or Survivor Emmy award winning shows. Maybe Fleiss could be seduced with the possibility of taking the bachelor in a new direction with Chris at the helm, infuse this with integrity. It could become a shiny star for all the RIGHT reasons not the ones that this show has devolved into, does that make sense? my other post was much more specific oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by asher13;4024262;
    I just wrote a long post that somehow disappeared before I had finished, how does that happen?

Anyway the crux of what I wanted to say was wouldn't it be amazing for Chris to have some major creative control and try to guide Fleiss and Co's moral compass? this franchise has gone downhill for awhile now... wouldn't it be amazing to have real women come on, we really get to learn about them, have dates including group ones almost like rope courses at camp, w/o booze to really get to the heart of who these people are, so we feel as if we know them, nothing intrusive of course. Like shows such as the Amazing race or Survivor Emmy award winning shows. Maybe Fleiss could be seduced with the possibility of taking the bachelor in a new direction with Chris at the helm, infuse this with integrity. It could become a shiny star for all the RIGHT reasons not the ones that this show has devolved into, does that make sense? my other post was much more specific oh well....
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing!! I personally think they need a format change anyway. I don't like this around the world stuff, I liked it better the way it was before. Chris seemed to make it a priority during Ali's season to make things as natural as possible given the situation. Wouldn't it be awesome if he got TP to do real life dates instead of all this crazy stuff? Or even better, get his family involved. His SIL's seemed to have really good insight, maybe they could meet with the girls and tell him which ones they liked early on...

Unfortunately I don't think it will happen, but it would be awesome if it did!
    Love is the only reality... unless you're MF :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;4024240;
    I agree MF would be an idiot if he screwed Chris over considering he is the most popular bach this show has had and will most likey bring him HUGE ratings. Hopefully this season is a wake up call to MF on what the viewers really want to see. Two great guys, A love story and a little drama thrown in here and there.
    I totally agree with this Truelovealways...

and I've been meaning to ask all day, where in the he?? did you get that picture of Chris that is your Avatar? I am so intrigued...

FORT Newbie

I agree with Very Addicted upthread that Chris` turn as bachelor can raise the profile of those who suffer with ALS. We already know that he is not a one dimensional personality so he can throw a light on this scourge. Chris, if you read this, as someone who suffers from a chronic illness. The best thing I ever did was go public with my story. I am perceived as an introvert but those in my inner circle knew differently. Be a voice for those who can no longer articulate. Please seize the moment

Closed Thread