Closed Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Newbie

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

He's the best, he seems perfect and all of the above. But I think they could be setting us up just to let us down. They're stringing us along and he will probably get dumped.

I love him. Seems like a really sweet and genuine guy. Good fit for Ali from what I can see so far.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

He's definitely one of my favorites. Hard not to like a guy who leaves everything to be with his dying mom and he's cute to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3918996;
    He's definitely one of my favorites. Hard not to like a guy who leaves everything to be with his dying mom and he's cute to boot.
    (EDIT).... who knows what editing may do to someone on this show. His back story is touching and he is one of my two fav's so far.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-31-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

So their very first conversation is built around a lie. I was not cool with that. Too soon or not too soon, that's a ridiculous excuse for lying. He already said he lived with his dad, couldn't she tell he was covering something up? Such a needless lie. Somebody who lies needlessly isn't worth having. It just slipped out of his mouth so easily, you know he'll lie in the future as well.

Just saying... I've never met a guy who lied on the first meeting and then didn't follow that up with other lies later on...

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919133;
    So their very first conversation is built around a lie. I was not cool with that. Too soon or not too soon, that's a ridiculous excuse for lying. He already said he lived with his dad, couldn't she tell he was covering something up? Such a needless lie. Somebody who lies needlessly isn't worth having. It just slipped out of his mouth so easily, you know he'll lie in the future as well.

Just saying... I've never met a guy who lied on the first meeting and then didn't follow that up with other lies later on...
    Let's give him a break, please. There are no hard & fast rules on how & when to share such a personal & tragic loss with someone you've just met. I don't think he's lying needlessly as much as he's just not able to talk about it easily with a virtual stranger. I expect he'll hope to make it right soon. He perhaps could have deflected her question more smoothly . . . but a smooth operator is not really what she wants, or what we want for her.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919133;

I wouldn't call what Chris did at the M&G telling a lie. Rather for good reasons he withheld some information that was more appriately to be shared later if she liked him enough to keep him that night. I respect him for not wanting the sympath rose because she feels bad for him over his loss. His hope is that it will influence Ali more later or at least that's my read on the situation.

He might actually be a very nice guy. But when I lie slips out easily, and isn't corrected immediately, that's a huge indicator of future ease of lying. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3919179;
    He might actually be a very nice guy. But when I lie slips out easily, and isn't corrected immediately, that's a huge indicator of future ease of lying. JMO.
    I don't see what he did as anything easy it had to be hard. And why should he share his backstory with Ali at their first meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3919181;
    I don't see what he did as anything easy it had to be hard. And why should he share his backstory with Ali at their first meeting?
    I agree eowenc I don't really see the big deal in what he said at that moment either. That was the first time he met her and I'm sure he didn't feel comfortable sharing everything yet.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-31-2010 at 04:27 PM.

Closed Thread