Closed Thread
Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Regular

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3914919;
    That's okay, when you grow up there, you don't even refer to it as "Cape Cod," you call it "the Cape," just as you refer to Martha's Vineyard as "the Vineyard."
    Yup, I'm a Cape Codder. I was commenting on this because it is miles of diference as to which part of the Cape he's on...mid-Cape, lower-Cape, upper-Cape. My fam is in Wellfleet/Truro so to us someone from someplace like Falmouth is hardly even the Cape...more of a mainland vibe. But I guess he lives in Dennis as that is his hometown, which is a pretty Cape-like part of the Cape.

end ramble.

I like this guy

I came across a very nice local interview about Chris that gives a very solid perspective on him. Friends and coworkers etc.
    I don't know the correct protocol on this site for links, but hope that saying search "Cape man a contestant" on you tube isn't inappropriate.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

You are fine. Is this the one put up by the local paper in their online edition? If so, it has been posted in the Spoiler sub forum, but not here. There isn't anything in it that would be spoiler since the first show has aired and it has been shown that Chris is on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This guy was easy to like from the get go. If Ali wants a man that she can love and be loved back - I'd say this gentleman meets that criteria. Go Chris L. And Ali let's loose some of the other Chris' so we can keep track of who is who.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

He does seem perfect on paper - same background, etc. I can't wait to see if they have some chemistry to take them beyond the paperwork. Every time I keep hoping that the one who seems perfect goes the distance and every time I am disappointed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3917585;
    He does seem perfect on paper - same background, etc. I can't wait to see if they have some chemistry to take them beyond the paperwork. Every time I keep hoping that the one who seems perfect goes the distance and every time I am disappointed.
    Me too. Every time there's a seemingly normal, well-adjusted guy on this show, he gets the boot right away. It's like these girls are their own worst enemy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3917592;
    Me too. Every time there's a seemingly normal, well-adjusted guy on this show, he gets the boot right away. It's like these girls are their own worst enemy.
    Exactly, couldn't of said it any better. Chris L.

Quote Originally Posted by Pangaeus;3915887;
    Yup, I'm a Cape Codder. I was commenting on this because it is miles of diference as to which part of the Cape he's on...mid-Cape, lower-Cape, upper-Cape. My fam is in Wellfleet/Truro so to us someone from someplace like Falmouth is hardly even the Cape...more of a mainland vibe. But I guess he lives in Dennis as that is his hometown, which is a pretty Cape-like part of the Cape.

end ramble.
    AHEM LOL - but I don't quite agree - upper cape is not mainland/mainline like at all - beaches may be different - but the general atmosphere is the very similar to mid-cape areas - will admit tho that outer-cape has it's own flavor. Where this guy is from is not that different in personality from other areas - with the exception of outer-cape - where your family is from
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Newbie

I really like what we've seen of him so far. I hope Ali keeps him around for awhile and we learn more about him. As many others have noted, I hope to see him have fun and let loose.

Closed Thread