Closed Thread
Page 20 of 118 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

the butterfly season etherealfire's Avatar

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3942227;
    I saw 8/17, and thought a Leo, and someone was calling him a Leo somewhere...lol
    ok I think I found it on Roberto's NS thread with a corrected birthdate of 08/27 for Roberto and we know Chris is 03/26. Will see what that looks like.
    "If you're going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance." ~ anonymous

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by etherealfire;3942219;
    oh, the info I had was 08-27 for Roberto but I can't find where I got it anymore - is that not right?
    Minnesota Twins Draft Pick 2002
    Name: Roberto Martinez
    Ht 6'1" Wt 180 DOB 08/27/1983

Quote Originally Posted by RNnurse;3942351;
    Minnesota Twins Draft Pick 2002
    Name: Roberto Martinez
    Ht 6'1" Wt 180 DOB 08/27/1983
    Well done and to FoRT. If you know anything else about Roberto we want to know but it should be in the spoilers. Check at the top of the screen for the correct place "Bachlorette - Spoilers" when you log on. Thanks again. And he was drafted by another team who also lists his birth date as 8/27/83.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Let's get back to Chris on his thread. After rewatching last weeks episode I noted some things about Chris and Ali's date. Don't read me wrong I'm a Chris fan but I think to be successful on this show you need to (Excuse me 'Father's Day' phone call interupted my train of thought) be good at speed dating and relationship building. Relationship building includes the emotional and physical elements. Chris' slow process at the physical side is frustrating me (I'm a little shy too so I get it) because on this show you need to get involved quickly. I found myself yelling at Chris 'just kiss her will you'! And I did that more than once at first vieweing but after further review. The first time Chris wanted to kiss Ali she went for the hug instead: first example was after the phone call to Dad, Chris was open to the kiss but Ali went for the hug, then after she gave him the rose again he was open she did the hug. OK for the purposes of this show you must touch her face and direct the kiss. I can't believe I'm actually giving kissing coaching lessons.

Finally we get to the actual kisses and they were edited to be pretty lame. OK I agree the scene was very romantic and it actually was great but we were shown only 2 short kisses and then finally a kiss and a half before Chris' PI.

So how do we interpret the date if you don't have a favorite. Pretend for a moment you're an average viewer and have been looking forward to Chris and Ali having time alone. She's sick and he nurtures her back to a point she can't wait to go out for the rest of the date. They share his favorite meal and her favorite singer does a private concert (that guy has a wonderful voice). It's all romantic all night but lacking the 'sparks' I want to see and then finally a few sparks are allowed. What do you all think? Am I reading this all wrong?

He's a master at the telling his story at the best pace but he's not asking Ali anything about herself. It's all one sided so far IMHO and I'm a big Chris fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobro;3942720;
    Yes, you are.
    There is plenty of chemistry between them. In fact, IMO Ali cannot handle emotional involvement. She can probably only meet him 60%. I'm sure the editing was very heavy because there is no way Chris would think that Ali is 'his girlfriend' after this date IF there was not more there. He's not a stupid man.

[Edit for Spoiler information]

Her past is haunting her. She likes unavailable guys. Those type give her the thrill because THEY are unavailable.
    WOW you are very good at reading Ali. This is just the kind of discussion I was looking for especially in a no spoilers thread. [EDIT for spoiler information] I like his caution but it's ok to kiss her already. Yea I know they had to have chopped out a bunch for him to be so positive about her being his bf and it's a shame we can't see everything that happens.

Remember this is a no spoilers thread - so I don't know what happens with all the other guys yet and how that's going to affect Chris and Ali. Any one else want to chime in? I know you are all great at analysis of these relationships.
    Last edited by eowenc; 06-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.

I think he has a bit of an identity problem and I'm not sure he's the sweetest-of-sweet as we're led to believe. He had some untelevised tustles with other guys, and some of his comments are a little on the snide side. He passively ridicules people sometimes, and truly sweet-hearted guys don't have it in them to do that. I think he truly WAS a mama's boy... but in the true meaning of "mama's boy", which isn't really a compliment.

Granted, I've never been 33 and had a parent die 2 years ago, so I haven't walked in his shoes. But I had two friends who had a parent die, and they seem to be more emotionally developed and able to think of themselves as individuals rather than as a person with a dead parent, and not stuck in a rut for years and lying about it because they're too scared to mention it to a date. I think some therapy would help him. The later conversations we've seen with Ali revolve around his mom. I wonder if all his conversations with her are like that? He seems to recognize that his Mom's absence has effected him profoundly, but this long afterwards he hasn't seemed to evolve beyond the initial sadness. I don't think he's ready for a relationship without some therapy first, and his attraction to Ali is probably just him trying to replace the loss of one person with another. i.e. a replacement, rather than an addition. I've seen some red flags with him.

'true mama's boys" don't move to another city in their mid 20's to work and live and love it.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3942907;
    I think he has a bit of an identity problem and I'm not sure he's the sweetest-of-sweet as we're led to believe. He had some untelevised tustles with other guys, and some of his comments are a little on the snide side. He passively ridicules people sometimes, and truly sweet-hearted guys don't have it in them to do that. I think he truly WAS a mama's boy... but in the true meaning of "mama's boy", which isn't really a compliment.

Granted, I've never been 33 and had a parent die 2 years ago, so I haven't walked in his shoes. But I had two friends who had a parent die, and they seem to be more emotionally developed and able to think of themselves as individuals rather than as a person with a dead parent, and not stuck in a rut for years and lying about it because they're too scared to mention it to a date. I think some therapy would help him. The later conversations we've seen with Ali revolve around his mom. I wonder if all his conversations with her are like that? He seems to recognize that his Mom's absence has effected him profoundly, but this long afterwards he hasn't seemed to evolve beyond the initial sadness. I don't think he's ready for a relationship without some therapy first, and his attraction to Ali is probably just him trying to replace the loss of one person with another. i.e. a replacement, rather than an addition. I've seen some red flags with him.
    It's one thing to have a parent die. It's another to leave a city and job you love and nurse this parent you love while she slowly dies of a rotten disease. I will take this mama's boy any day of the week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3942907;

We are getting what the producers wany us to see-all 15 minutes of it. Nobody can be that naive and think that these people are we see. SOme therapy may be necessary for our posters, if they cannot see thru the edits.
    Everybdoy had good and bad in them.
    As for Chris' sense of humor...Yes he HAS one. I wish again the viewers did.

I have a feeling Chris will win at the end, if not maybe he'll be the next bachelor.
    The Bachelorette: Ali Fedotowsky

Closed Thread