Closed Thread
Page 14 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjaki;3925297;
    I have experienced a very personal loss...mine was sudden, and traumatic and nearly 15 years ago...and I am still caught off guard with non-intentional comments even to this day. Trust me, I know it is a real downer to talk of a death of a loved one, people are caring and sympathetic but there are times when you just don't want to go down that road yourself. He might not have been able to trust himself at that time...the tears can just flow out of nowhere and sometimes you need to have yourself emotionally prepared to enter that conversation. His emotions were running high at that time...excitement, nervousness, not wanting to embarrass himself and his family on TV....add maybe hungry and tired too. I definitely think he needs to be cut some slack here....this was not a mean and deceitful lie. Sometimes the words are just too hard to form. My heart goes out to him...he will be grieving his mom for the rest of his life, just some days it will be easier than others. Like someone said...if Ali can't understand this, and why he "lied"...then maybe she's not the one for him. I have a feeling she will understand.
    You're right and Ali does understand. On the comments for the episode, she wrote that she felt terrible for asking the question and putting him in this position. To be perfectly honest, I'm shocked that what he said is considered a "lie." It just doesn't compute in my head.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3926091;
    You're right and Ali does understand. On the comments for the episode, she wrote that she felt terrible for asking the question and putting him in this position. To be perfectly honest, I'm shocked that what he said is considered a "lie." It just doesn't compute in my head.
    The majority of fans don't think it was a lie either. Eveyone has detractors, including Chris.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3925115;
    I rewatched the episode, and the deceit was even worse the second viewing. It wasn't just the one lie when when answering Ali's question "Are your parents still together?"

They actually had an entire deceitful conversation about his mom:

Chris: I got a nice little house right right by the beach. We can go hang out, dogs, play a little frisbee.
    Ali: What kind of dogs?
    Chris: Black lab.
    Ali: Ah I love labs.
    Chris: Livin' w/ my dad right now, and uh, my brothers live right down the street.
    Ali: Mm-hmm, You have a close family?
    Chris: Very close, yeah, yeah, My brothers are really cool people
    Ali: So just brothers?
    Chris: Yep, just 3 brothers. Well myself, so 2 brothers and myself.
    Ali: So Who teaches you how to treat the women?
    Chris: My mom...

Ali: Oh duh!
    Chris: C'mon now, We're all momma's boys.

Ali: You're all momma's boys!
    Chris: All momma's boys. I'll do whatever for my mom.

Ali: Well good, then hopefully you'll kinda push some of that energy off to your women?
    Chris: Oh definitely definately, If I've treated a woman bad, my mom would kill me.

Ali: And you're parents are still together?
    Chris: Yeah, yeah, yep.
    Ali: That's awesome.

So many times he had the chance to be truthful, but he chose to repeatedly deceive instead.

I did cringe a little bit during this conversation, but I think Ali will understand. He was not ready to tell her and it is obviously something that effected him profoundly. The more I thought about it, I am glad he didn't tell her. What if he would have spilled his guts about something very personal to him and then she sent him packing...it wasn't the right time and in the end he will tell her when it is the right time.

I'm not sure why some look at his comments as being deceitful.
    Having lost my own Mom at an early age, I did not tend to share the information with the opposite sex right away. Just like Chris...
    If anyone should understand about the death of a loved one, it should be Ali.
    Didn't we see when she was on the Bachelor how long it took her to grieve the death of her grandmother.
    These 2 have much in common.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-08-2010 at 07:20 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3922875;
    We now have an excuse to call ChrisL's landscaping company or just another reason to love this guy! According to Chris' FB Fan site, he is wearing his company shirt in this week's epi. Their web site says the shirt will be available for purchase next week with a percentage of profits going to a good cause. Make mine blue!

Posted on on their website: E. Lambton Landscaping - Product Catalog
    I just love a man who does something for a really great cause Ali your husband awaits you even though some think he lies and he is one strange dude for going to bars LOL

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3922905;
    I think this is a very good idea, but I was under the impression that they were not allowed to wear clothing promoting any company.

Either way, I am buying a t-shirt, my mother-n-law died from ALS. It sucked!
    Maybe if its for non profit its okay?

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3923245;
    I don't believe ALS was the cause but a similar type of disease, MSA. The Cape Cod agency that benefits from some of the T-Shirt profits provides aid to families through out the nation. It is a very noble gesture by Chris and his family for a worthy cause.
    Why or why can't I find a Chris?? WHY???? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3923339;
    Selling the tshirts for the ALS organization, is an indication of the generosity of this family. We have seen so little of Chris, I'm hoping we get to see alot of him soon!

Working in the landscaping business vs teaching, after loosing a parent, IMO would be much more theraputic. Lots of physical activity, being outdoors, in CC, and lots of Vitamin D and fresh air, as opposed to a classroom setting in NYC.

I'd like one in each colour, however I would also like the model!

Ahem he is MINE just kidding LOL

His smile is contagious and wasn't the way he described the mouse Monday nite at the end of the show adorable? Him, her or IT haha

Also you can tell the guys really really respect him thats another great sign JMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by laceygirl;3924039;
    Wow, I admire you for what you are doing. I know it takes strength. But you are right Chris dropped everything and moved back home to take care of his family. The life lessons he has learned already. Any lady to snag him will be ever so lucky indeed.
    I am sorry your Brothers wouldn't have done that for your Mom when my Mom was dying of pancreatic cancer I took care of her and my Brothers helped out they were always making sure I was okay knowing how emotionally and physically draining it was I just remember keeping so busy I never had time to really feel I just was escaping that way I guess and it took me awhile to finally process everything I also tried to remember the happy memories with My Mom I can relate to Chris so very very much and also the feeling of utter helplessness that you can't stop the disease that is what I can imagine Chris felt. That is why I admire Chris for not telling Ali Chris was not lying he has every right to guard something so intensely personal so painful on the first time meeting Ali she got that and is respecting Chris so much per their conversation Monday nite.

I feel such a bonding with those who have lost loved ones hearing the stories of taking care of our loved ones it was an honor taking care of My Mother she became my child she took care of me and it was my turn.

If Chris doesn't end up with Ali that is her choice but dayum can he move to my state cause I would love to have someone like him in my life.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 06-09-2010 at 08:14 AM.

old cow

I htink its funny he claims to be a Flip Cup champion! He kinda seems like a laid back, frat brother kinda guy. I bet he is a hoot drunk

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3928714;
    I htink its funny he claims to be a Flip Cup champion! He kinda seems like a laid back, frat brother kinda guy. I bet he is a hoot drunk
    I think he overstated it, cause Ali said she beat him at flipcup...

What do you do during flipcup? (besides the obvious).

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;3929614;
    What do you do during flipcup? (besides the obvious).
    Who knows, lol. I know what Beer Pong is from watching BB, but flipcup is new to me. I think it is actually cute that a guy who is 32 still finds fun and young things to do. When did 30+ mean that you were old and couldn't have fun anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3929631;
    Who knows, lol. I know what Beer Pong is from watching BB, but flipcup is new to me. I think it is actually cute that a guy who is 32 still finds fun and young things to do. When did 30+ mean that you were old and couldn't have fun anymore?
    It's fun and really hard to do. You can use any beverage, but beer is what most adults use. There are tourneys in most neighborhood watering holes. , I tried it, I can't do it.
    Last edited by Patti2620; 06-10-2010 at 02:51 AM.

Closed Thread