Closed Thread

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4037949;
    I see him as a guy who would continue to live with his dad in his childhood home even though he's got a few hundred grand in the bank. He'll use the money for his family, not for himself too. Maybe it's just me.

I really don't see him moving out of his childhood home unless he's found the one.
    If I'm giving the impression that I think Chris is materialistic, I don't think that. Honestly, I don't know the guy except for what I saw on TV. I'm just speculating possible considerations that Chris would factor into his decision beyond just "love." Does it speak volumes that "all the money that Fleiss could throw at him" didn't work the first three times? Sure.

If Chris accepts, I do think it will be for the following reasons: the chance at love, the fun, the money, the opportunities. In no particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4037941;
    If Chris L says NO to being the Bachelor, who in the world would they get if they wanted someone from Ali's season? I just don't think Kirk, Ty or Craig R would draw a crowd. Kirk is sweet, but no good looking enough to me, Craig could carry the show, but is not hunky enough and Ty's very short marriage kind of rules him out. These are three great guys, but none of them do a thing for me.JMO

ETA: Besides that, I think Kirk and Craig are too young to be the Bachelor. Both are 27, unless they have had birthdays since the show and even then they are still too young.
    Chris is really the only GREAT option. But if he turns it down I would strongly prefer Ty over Kirk even with the divorce and the singing career. Ty does have the looks and the personality. Kirk just really has neither even though I think he's a really nice guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;4037980;
    Chris is really the only GREAT option. But if he turns it down I would strongly prefer Ty over Kirk even with the divorce and the singing career. Ty does have the looks and the personality. Kirk just really has neither even though I think he's a really nice guy.
    There were messy insinuations even here on the board that I just didn't want to get into with Ty; therefore, I feel certain that if he were the Bachelor, we wouldn't even get started before the tabloids would be all over him. That just mars the season for me. It's Jake and Vienna all over again. At least with Ali and Roberto, the tabloids waited until the season was basically over before they started digging around trying to come up with anything or making up stuff.

Chris is the best bet, hands down.

Kirk has the back story. He has the charm if not the age or the macho strong looks and appeal.

Craig is intelligent and most definitely handles himself well. As an attorney, he would have a certain appeal to many potential bachelorettes. However, he never even got a 1-1 date or a kiss from Ali, so he would not be coming in with the strong appeal that other re-cycles have had.
    It is true that Bachelor Bob was in that position with Trista, but he also was extremely witty in her season and was very popular with the fans. Craig doesn't have that history.

Chris just posed this picture following his race today.
    146213722.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby-licious;4038314;
    Attachment 26679
    wow, great picture of him and some of his fans... wonder how he did? any results posted yet? you know, it's not too late to donate if anyone hasn't

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;4037773;
    I agree Capegal. He has not changed his answers at all.

The question that was asked of him on twitter was, is it true you signed to be the bachelor? How else could he have answered that question without giving anything away?
    He could have ignored it. He doesn't have to answer everyone's tweets and doesn't.

I don't know why I get the feeling he's going to do it. I just think that the practical side will intervene. I know he wasn't happy about some things but has said he doesn't regret doing the show. He may decide like many before him that he may luck in and meet find love or at the least have an adventure. I'm sure it must appeal to have 25 women there just for you (give or take a few with ulterior motives). If Chris doesn't do it I'm not sure who I want to see. I guess Kirk but he really doesn't do it for me. There's something about Ty that rubs me the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby-licious;4038314;
    Attachment 26679
    He just gets cuter and cuter! Thanks!

FORT Fogey

If Chris isn't the next Bach, I hope they just start over with someone new. I can't think of anyone from any recent season who stands out as a good possibility, with maybe the exception of Jeremy from Deanna's season. I'll be fine with making this past season my last to watch (unless it's Chris as the Bach), as it can only go downhill from here. Also, since it is now obvious that they pretty much totally hid the true love story that was unfolding, that makes it sort of pointless to watch for me. You can separate out the bores and the crazies and the ones with whom the lead obviously has nothing in common (which probably constitutes the majority), but the misleading of the viewers about the rest makes it feel all too manipulated to enjoy. I'm glad Ali and Roberto found each other and are happy... it's just that we were deprived of most of their "journey" getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by latergator;4038317;
    wow, great picture of him and some of his fans... wonder how he did? any results posted yet? you know, it's not too late to donate if anyone hasn't
    Time - 1:03:01
    m/f finish place - 2474
    age group finish - 1142
    overall finish - 3667

said he ran it as a fun run LOL
    Last edited by Capegal; 08-15-2010 at 09:20 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4038691;
    Time - 1:03:01
    m/f finish place - 2474
    age group finish - 1142
    overall fisish - 3667

capegal, do you know how many people ran?
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

Closed Thread