Closed Thread
Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1176

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4037182;
    I agree. If Chris were evaluating it from a financial standpoint, he must be considering that, if he negotiates his remuneration to the highest payout, he might be set for life. Someone else mentioned it, but Chris could essentially walk away from this franchise after his season with enough money to buy a house, a car, and invest the rest after he takes a luxury vacation (unless, of course, he meets the love of his life on the MFer's show, and then he might be wrangled into a TV wedding.)
    I don't know why, but the concept of tv wedding for CL makes me ill That's not who I see him as at all. I just hope he doesn't become a changed man if he becomes TB. I'm definitely on the side of not wanting him to be TB.

I don't see money for himself to buy property or car or trips being a main factor for his decision. He doesn't seem so self-absorb or selfish or materialistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4037228;
    Great post, but yikes ... how much money are we talking about here that he could be set for life?

)
    1 million dollars That's really the lowest price he should accept.

I guess I'm going off the reports that these leads get paid anywhere from 250,000 to 600,000 bucks (I think that the high end of this range has to be wrong). If they did ante up x 3 as I also read then I'm thinking that Chris could bring in 300-400grand. If he's wise with his money, he could mortgage a home, buy a good used car, go on vacay, and then invest the rest of that to make a pretty decent nest egg.

As for Chris' motives, while I want to idealize him and say that he'd only do it for love, I think that Chris has to know that he has a 1/25 chance of finding the "one" on his own season. He's subject to Fleiss' whims. Unless he demanded certain things in his contract that would give him more control over the girls and the dating process, he really has no better nor any worse shot at finding the love of his life than Ali. So, I think, he'd have to have other reasons, aside from love, for subjecting himself to this crap. He has to be weighing the money and fun aspect.

It would change my opinion of him if he did it, as it would have changed my opinion of Reid. I do think, though, that Chris may have been on the show's radar as the next lead as far back as when they cast him, unlike Reid who I think, surprised the producers with his fan favorite status. If he does do it, I hope that he completely alters the roll of the Bachelor and conducts himself with the same class and generosity as he did on the show. I'd hope that he'd zero in on his girl early on and spend the show cultivating that relationship.

On 2nd thought, I just don't want him to do it. :nono

FORT Regular

Even though I hope he doesn't choose to be the next bachelor (personally just don't think he could carry the show as the lead even though he is adorable), he'd be a fool not to consider it for the right financial offer. He also seems like he's due for fun, travel and who knows he just could meet the girl of his dreams.

Hmmmm someone asked Chris on twitter if he was the next bachelor and he said he couldn't answer that

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4037369;
    Hmmmm someone asked Chris on twitter if he was the next bachelor and he said he couldn't answer that
    translation = yes. not 'i'm gonna have to think long and hard about this' but 'i can't answer that' pretty straight forward i would say the man is TB
    Team Alibeartito

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4036577;
    Just think it was Matt's girls that got it all started, when they went to DeAnna's MTA and hooked up with her guys, partying. I hope Dee wait awhile on getting married.
    I think US Weekly said DeAnna, Steven, Holly & Michael were going to have a double wedding next spring. US had an exclusive interview with them and photos.

By the way, someone ask ChrisL on twitter if the rumors were true that he was going to be the next Bachelor. He tweeted back that he couldn't answer that. To me, that pretty much says that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4037634;
    translation = yes. not 'i'm gonna have to think long and hard about this' but 'i can't answer that' pretty straight forward i would say the man is TB
    I think I must be in the minority here. I don't think CL will be the next Bachelor. I really think he is going to turn it down.
    “Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.”-- Dr. Seuss

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bean07;4037369;
    I hope if he does, he finds love, and if by chance his family suffered financially, and there are lingering bills from his mother's long term catastophic illness that he is able to pay them off with what he earns from the show.

I don't know their business....just something to maybe throw into the mix when we think about possible considerations?

Quote Originally Posted by emusha;4037634;
    IA! I believe he will be the next bachelor. We just have to wait and see when they announce it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;4037738;
    IA! I believe he will be the next bachelor. We just have to wait and see when they announce it.
    I agree.
    Marti

Closed Thread