Closed Thread
Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 757979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1176

Thread: Chris L - no spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: Chris L - no spoilers

So was Jen S. and Jerry. They were over shortly after the show. But they did ATFR, nevertheless.

Not sure about Bob Guiney. I remember their relationship was over too by the time ATFR came around.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax;4036577;
    Just think it was Matt's girls that got it all started, when they went to DeAnna's MTA and hooked up with her guys, partying. I hope Dee wait awhile on getting married.
    I remember the guys from Meredith's season going to Vegas and there were girls from Aaron's and Andrew's (not sure exactly who) there. One of the girls at work always said she wanted to be in the club but didn't want to go on the show.

I looked it up and Bob & Estella didn't officially breakup until about a month after the ATFR show. If Chris does do the show, hopefully he won't be worrying about a breakup.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4036647;
    I remember the guys from Meredith's season going to Vegas and there were girls from Aaron's and Andrew's (not sure exactly who) there. One of the girls at work always said she wanted to be in the club but didn't want to go on the show.

I looked it up and Bob & Estella didn't officially breakup until about a month after the ATFR show. If Chris does do the show, hopefully he won't be worrying about a breakup.
    We were just discussing if the media portion is negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4036647;

Just long enough to be successful and "together" at Trista and Ryan's wedding...no?

Just my 2 cents about Chris and that article - and the negative vibes............... Keep in mind - Chris did not write the thing - he had nothing to do with it at all - so blame the reporter/writer - not Chris ..........

Carry on

OOoo - and I also vote for no Chris as the bach - he has MORE than enough on his plate - and more than enough of the ladies chasing after him - he doesn't need more ROFL
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fan

I see Chris accepting the Bachelor role.

Quote Originally Posted by veryaddicted;4036654;
    We were just discussing if the media portion is negotiable.
    I'm not sure MF would want to give a lot of the media up if he can talk Chris into doing TB but they often do a morning of media that they can film anywhere. I remember Jillian doing that with a Bachelorette background. I do think Ali has done a lot more than was necessary so there may potentially be some wiggle room there for Chris.

ITA that Chris doesn't need to do the show but think he may choose to if MF can come up with the right offer. I'm torn because I think he'd be a breath of fresh air especially if they choose the right women (not too young & perky) but we all know how MF can manipulate and would hate for him to go through it.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;4037087;

ITA that Chris doesn't need to do the show but think he may choose to if MF can come up with the right offer. I'm torn because I think he'd be a breath of fresh air especially if they choose the right women (not too young & perky) but we all know how MF can manipulate and would hate for him to go through it.
    I agree. If Chris were evaluating it from a financial standpoint, he must be considering that, if he negotiates his remuneration to the highest payout, he might be set for life. Someone else mentioned it, but Chris could essentially walk away from this franchise after his season with enough money to buy a house, a car, and invest the rest after he takes a luxury vacation (unless, of course, he meets the love of his life on the MFer's show, and then he might be wrangled into a TV wedding.)

I draw many comparisons between Chris and Reid, both of whom came from a fantastic family and both of whom lassoed many a heart with their edits/TV personas. In real life, they both also seem to be the guys that many of us enjoyed on TV. Reid, though, turned down the offer despite, I assume, also being courted with decent incentives. Chris has expressed concern over 1) the show's exploitation of his family's grief 2) airing something so private publicly. Chris, like Reid, will surely maintain a fanbase and a level of celebrity even were he to decline the show. Like Reid, he'll also have his pick of the litter from the multitude of women who regularly throw themselves at him. I'd say, he's fine without the show.

If Chris takes this gig, I think it's surely for the money that might come his way and for the fun. I do think that he'd have the mindset of "I'm lucky if I find her," but, I think, Chris went into Ali's season for the fun of it. He just happened to also really like the girl.

As with Reid, I hope that he doesn't say "yes" to the offer, but his recent Twittering, the little clues we're getting into who he is, makes me think that he might be publicizing himself for the show. I also think that, if it's a done deal with Chris, that his cast of ladies is already set in stone, decided even before Ali's season ended when the national casting calls were taking place. Hopefully, the casting director had Chris in mind when s/he made the call on who could "win" his heart.

Sigh. Too bad. We, he and I, coulda been perfect together

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4037182;
    I agree. If Chris were evaluating it from a financial standpoint, he must be considering that, if he negotiates his remuneration to the highest payout, he might be set for life. Someone else mentioned it, but Chris could essentially walk away from this franchise after his season with enough money to buy a house, a car, and invest the rest after he takes a luxury vacation (unless, of course, he meets the love of his life on the MFer's show, and then he might be wrangled into a TV wedding.)

I draw many comparisons between Chris and Reid, both of whom came from a fantastic family and both of whom lassoed many a heart with their edits/TV personas. In real life, they both also seem to be the guys that many of us enjoyed on TV. Reid, though, turned down the offer despite, I assume, also being courted with decent incentives. Chris has expressed concern over 1) the show's exploitation of his family's grief 2) airing something so private publicly. Chris, like Reid, will surely maintain a fanbase and a level of celebrity even were he to decline the show. Like Reid, he'll also have his pick of the litter from the multitude of women who regularly throw themselves at him. I'd say, he's fine without the show.

If Chris takes this gig, I think it's surely for the money that might come his way and for the fun. I do think that he'd have the mindset of "I'm lucky if I find her," but, I think, Chris went into Ali's season for the fun of it. He just happened to also really like the girl.

As with Reid, I hope that he doesn't say "yes" to the offer, but his recent Twittering, the little clues we're getting into who he is, makes me think that he might be publicizing himself for the show. I also think that, if it's a done deal with Chris, that his cast of ladies is already set in stone, decided even before Ali's season ended when the national casting calls were taking place. Hopefully, the casting director had Chris in mind when s/he made the call on who could "win" his heart.

Sigh. Too bad. We, he and I, coulda been perfect together
    Great post, but yikes ... how much money are we talking about here that he could be set for life?

I kind of hope he doesn't take the gig because: (a) no star of this show ever escapes a big dose of scorn and criticism along the way, and he is just so nice and sensitive... I don't want to see that happen to him! and (b) I don't want to spend time watching this show anymore, and if Chris is the Bach, I won't be able to help myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4037228;
    Great post, but yikes ... how much money are we talking about here that he could be set for life?

I kind of hope he doesn't take the gig because: (a) no star of this show ever escapes a big dose of scorn and criticism along the way, and he is just so nice and sensitive... I don't want to see that happen to him! and (b) I don't want to spend time watching this show anymore, and if Chris is the Bach, I won't be able to help myself!
    oh my Lucky22 I am right there with you as far as the show and watching it. I hate the thought of not seeing Chris find love on my TV, but I hate the thought of him getting all caught up in the drama even more. And I am really overdone with this show, and would like to hang up my pencil and pens and put away my notebook and notes and close this chapter of my life.

Closed Thread