Closed Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 5/24 The Bachelorette Premiere Show Thread

FORT Newbie

Re: 5/24 The Bachelorette Premiere Show Thread

Did anybody notice the bracelet that Ali was wearing in the scene with Justin when they were discussing his intentions? She had some sort of string bracelet on. It wasn't there during the rose ceremony, though. Did one of the guys give that to her during the show? I thought maybe I had missed something. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3912829;
    Hmmm maybe it's because of her hair extensions?
    Nope. It had something to do with the way she interacted with people. I'm partially deaf so I understand how you can get a different perspective on someone's character watching them as opposed to listening to them - it's a lot easier to hide your real personality verbally than it is visually.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3912979;
    Nope. It had something to do with the way she interacted with people. I'm partially deaf so I understand how you can get a different perspective on someone's character watching them as opposed to listening to them - it's a lot easier to hide your real personality verbally than it is visually.

Ahhhh okay. Yeah I'm sure you can have a different perspective. We have to see next week on how she is..

I couldn't endure the entire 2 hour show, so I missed Derek's "Shooter" confession. It amazes me that he thought that little tidbit of TMI would get him a rose.

I believe someone mentioned upthread that Ali's not really a good actress. I'd agree with that. The exchanges she had with Chris seemed very rehearsed and it appeared like she was straining to remember her "part."
    However, in the M & G and the cocktail party afterward, I thought she came across as very natural - just like the person whom we first met last season. Then, as now, she appears very real, warm, ad engaging.
    I hope he can stay like that on the show and we don't get another Deanna type season.
    I do, however, think she may have difficulty recognizing/finding a good mate.

With the locales, etc. that they showed last night, I do think it's going to be a fun season and I'm looking forward to it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thoughts ...

Ali's haircolor was yellow and hideous. Last season, it was a lot more ash blonde with highlights and lowlights and looked beautiful ... this was terrible.

Frank has Jason Mesnick's exact smile.

I didn't hate Justin like everyone else. I thought he was OK.

Craig big hair is one scary mean ego-maniac.

Balding Craig should not have run to her with the "guys are here for the wrong reasons" - it's too soon to know that. He's just a creepy little tattletale.

Chris from Cape Cod - my early favorite ...

Can't wait to see more ...

old cow

Ok i just finished watching the episode again and there are just too many guys on this show named Chris & John! UGH i cant tell one from the other.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I just watched the show and now I remember why I dislike Ali. She is so annoying. She giggled after every single thing every single guy said when they got out of the limo. It might have been nervous giggles but it was super obnoxious. Everything about her just gets on my nerves. She seemed very insecure and airheaded to me. I hope I learn to like her a bit more as the season goes on or I won't be able to stand watching.
    Wake up and be awesome

I wonder if the producers coach the girls to laugh a lot - I've noticed that on each season of the Bachelorette, they always laugh way too much. Does it make them seem friendlier or more approachable, in their opinion?
    I liked Jesse the contractor the best, although Roberto definitely was cute and very nice. Jesse's voice is sexy, and so is Roberto's smile, so even tho Ali didn't get tons of hot guys (like Deanna did), there are a couple to drool over!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3912766;
    What I found different about this Meet and Greet was the naturalness found in the conversations and this all came from Ali. She is the first I can recall who talked to the guys as they were entering the house and made side comments to Chris stemming from her reactions. I loved the one where the guy needed the bathroom and she gave him directions to the closest. I'm hoping that as her dates develop she loses some of her nerves (and her party laugh) and this time around we will hear and witness real talk...imagine...
    I really liked this aspect also. I found it much more real. I know that if I were in her shoes I would have been making comments and doing the same thing.

Closed Thread