Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

FORT Fanatic

New Bachelorette

Not happy about the choice of Ali for Bachelorette. Would have preferred Gia or Tenley. However, I cannot see Tenley kissing 25 guys etc. Too sweet.

Ali did not stick it out - she left - so why wouldn't she leave again. It is not a fair choice - and I think she ended up looking like a bit of a b*&tch

I almost feel like her stint on the bachelor was just a set up.

Re: New Bachelorette

I wasn't a big Ali fan but did think she had chemistry with Jake and saw the connection. I would watch no matter who is the next bach'ette, but I do think Ali is a good choice. She's pretty, career-driven, looking for love. Just as good of a choice as Gia or Tenley imo. Either of those three would have been great . Ali seems like she can handle the format better than Gia or Tenley though.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845083;
    . . . I do think Ali is a good choice. She's pretty, career-driven . . .

That in itself is a refreshing change.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I LOVED Ali! I'm so pleased she's the next Bachelorette. I think she has both brains and beauty, and I loved how direct she was when handling conflict in the house. She has such a wonderful energy, too. I thought Gia was incredibly boring -- totally vapid with little to nothing to say -Thank God she's not the next B-ette. Ali is a pistol -- I think her season is going to be great fun to watch!

IMO while I felt Tenley and Gia were sweethearts I think they both would have been really boring. I don't know too much about Ali other than her edit but she had JK laughing last night so I think she has a wit about her that should be entertaining to say the least.

FORT Fogey

I do not want to watch Ali playing her games with the guys...I would have preferred something new, like Ella or (Sandra? from Jason's season0 who is a single mom looking for love!

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3845065;
    Not happy about the choice of Ali for Bachelorette. Would have preferred Gia or Tenley. However, I cannot see Tenley kissing 25 guys etc. Too sweet.

Ali did not stick it out - she left - so why wouldn't she leave again. It is not a fair choice - and I think she ended up looking like a bit of a b*&tch

I almost feel like her stint on the bachelor was just a set up.

It was obvious to me when Jake defended Vienna on his and Ali's San Fran date, Ali knew Jake was not going to give up Vienna. She possibly wanted to
    leave at that point but this usually is not allowed. TPTB perhaps persuaded her to continue on through the HTD, as they did Graham on Deanna's season, along with the offer of her being the next Bachelorette. If this was the case, she needed to leave and get her affairs in order at work.

The way I see it, she didn't leave Jake - Jake left her in San Fran.

You may not think Ali is demanding but she has already asked for the program to be changed from The Bachelorette to The Bitchelorette.

Actually she said she wanted 50 men instead of 25.

Chris Harrison said as he introduced her that America had fallen in love with her. Um, ah, ha, no! Not exactly. America fell in love with Jillian. The comments I've read online suggest a lot of women find her witchy and bitchy (comments to the other girls and Vienna, respectively).

Her agent should have kept her off the show, at her job, and starring in a national ad campaign for Monster.com.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3845153;
    You may not think Ali is demanding but she has already asked for the program to be changed from The Bachelorette to The Bitchelorette.

Actually she said she wanted 50 men instead of 25.

Chris Harrison said as he introduced her that America had fallen in love with her. Um, ah, ha, no! Not exactly. America fell in love with Jillian. The comments I've read online suggest a lot of women find her witchy and bitchy (comments to the other girls and Vienna, respectively).

Her agent should have kept her off the show, at her job, and starring in a national ad campaign for Monster.com.
    Did I miss something? Who else was she mean to? I didn't know being mean to one person who is competing for the same guy you are qualifies you as being a b***h.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3845153;
    I've seen just as many comments from people who are excited that she's the new Bachelorette. But honestly, I doubt the controversy over her isn't going to hurt ratings.

I'm looking forward to her season - I liked her a lot on this show. That's not because she was perfect and sweet, she wasn't-- but because she seemed like a real person, flaws and all. Unless you know them personally, it's impossible to know who they are or why they do what they do. I appreciated that Ali said after she'd watched the show, that she regretted a lot of what she said on the air. (Whatever her reasons for the apology.)

I think she'll be very entertaining to watch next season. Since the spotlight always seems to tarnish The Chosen Ones by the end of their own season, I'm sure Ali will be no different. But I imagine it will be entertaining, nonetheless.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast