Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3851347;
    I think you need to know something important my friend Love is more important than money. It is worth to sacrifice your job for True Love, believe me !
    ITA. Very well said Teamkip

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3851347;
    I think you need to know something important my friend Love is more important than money. It is worth to sacrifice your job for True Love, believe me !
    Uh..last time I looked, they are not mutually exclusive.. In fact, I think her chances of meeting someone while working at Facebook in one of the most dynamic cities in the world, in one of the most cutting edge industries in the world, are MUCH higher than agreeing to restrict herself to 25 reality show wannabe's chosen by Mike Fliess..

In fact billions of people in the world have found True Love without going on the Bachelorette!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3851351;
    For all I know, Ali was told she can have her job back after making the rounds
    following the conclusion of her show. Or perhaps fb was an interim job for her and she plans to work in the field of psychology, her major in college.

And no, I know nothing, but it is possible.
    Her friend was quoted as saying that she tried to get the Facebook job for two years, that it was her "dream job." Ali stated in an interview that she left her job and that it is not waiting for her. Personally, I think Ali has grand delusions of going on to TV fame and had no interest in negotiating to keep her position. Again, I predict that in two years she will turn to her mother and cry: "Why didn't you tell me to keep my job!"

Ummm... for the last 20 years "Sales Rep" is synonymous with "Account Executive" in the business world.

If she is good at her job, she will have it back in a flash. I doubt she needs to worry about the fact she is only making 6 figures as the Bachelorette.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3850942;
    Is this potentially a bad career move for Ali? I see why aspiring models and actors plus those going nowhere want to be on this show. But once you become a celebrity, doesn't that make it harder to get a real job?

She's not the type who wants to just get married, have kids and be a housewife. She'd still want a career, I imagine. I don't see her wanting to be a perpetual "TV personality" like DeAnna Pappas and other fluffy reality stars with no real job.

Maybe she's already sold her soul to Fame. That's in The Contract, right?

P.S. Business Insider is reporting Ali was a "sales rep" at Facebook. Is that a fact? Was the "account executive" title a fraud to develop the storyline she had to make a big decision between work and Pavelka?
    Account Executive is the proper title for those in corporate America who sell especially advertising to house Accounts or those Accounts they bring to the table themselves.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by seacharm;3851616;
    Her friend was quoted as saying that she tried to get the Facebook job for two years, that it was her "dream job." Ali stated in an interview that she left her job and that it is not waiting for her. Personally, I think Ali has grand delusions of going on to TV fame and had no interest in negotiating to keep her position. Again, I predict that in two years she will turn to her mother and cry: "Why didn't you tell me to keep my job!"
    Ali was firm on JK that she intends to return to her job at FB when this is over. She sells advertising for FB and she loves her job. I don't see Ali wanting the fame, I believe she is taking Jake's advice this time "make the decision that you will have the least regrets about" and since she fell in love last time, she thinks maybe it will happen for her again. I'm sure it wasn't easy for her to leave her job with not assurances that she would get it back, but I bet she will.

I wish her the best. It looks like it wil be 3 more days and she will meet her guys for the first time. I hope there are some keepers in the bunch.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3849492;
    Reid said he wouldn't do that. Plus, he's dating someone. He won't say who though.
    Some sources say he is dating Miss USA 2009, Kristen Dalton. That was three months ago, so who knows? I guess he reports that he didn't know what it would be like to be Mr. Visible.

Quote Originally Posted by seacharm;3851329;
    Based on her track record so far, it is pretty much guaranteed that Ali will make a stupid decision when it comes to which guy she will choose. First, she pretends to fall for a creepy guy who is neither good looking nor hetero, making a fool out of herself in the process (crying like a child and falling down in a hotel hallway). Then, she leaves one of the hottest companies in the world a few years before they go public forever branding her as The-Stupid-girl-Who-Left-Facebook. There is a good chance she will never have a financial opportunity like that again.

She might make more money than her colleagues this year, but next year when no one remembers her name and for the following 50 years she'll regret throwing away a fortune.
    I have to agree with you about her decision making so far. I was hoping that she would handle leaving during Jake's season differently, but the child like crying in the hallway was way over the top to me and I lost all respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3851960;
    I have to agree with you about her decision making so far. I was hoping that she would handle leaving during Jake's season differently, but the child like crying in the hallway was way over the top to me and I lost all respect for her.
    The crying bit was way over the top... However, we will never know how much of that was producer induced. They did dedicate 40 minutes to her meltdown... the season was a bore and they relied on her to make it more interesting from day 1. The extent to which they showed of her crying is not her fault. I've cried for days over a failed relationship and wow if that was shown on TV now that would have gotten old .

Business Insider is reporting Ali was a "sales rep" at Facebook. Is that a fact? Was the "account executive" title a fraud to develop the storyline she had to make a big decision between work and Pavelka?
    Ummm... for the last 20 years "Sales Rep" is synonymous with "Account Executive" in the business world.
    Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3851827;
    Account Executive is the proper title for those in corporate America who sell especially advertising to house Accounts or those Accounts they bring to the table themselves.
    True, but in some instances Sales Rep is the appropriate entry level title and also, Account Executive is sometimes a nice euphemism for Sales Rep.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-11-2010 at 02:08 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Closed Thread