Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

Wouldn't it be ironic if Ali chose the bad boy of the bunch?
    I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt although I wasn't crazy about her last season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3849359;

First, I love Ali and am so happy she is the new Bachelorette. The reason she was picked is not only that she was one of the most poplar with viewers, but she was the only one of of the last few girls who could carry the show on her own.
    Or the only one willing to sacrifice her integrity to do so. I think that from this season, we can surmise that it doesn't take much personality on the part of the lead to carry the show, so I'm certain one of the more likable gals could've pulled it off.

Ali is not only attractive, but smart, athletic, outgoing and fun. She can also hold an intelligent conversation and she has spunk to be able to give these guys a run for their money.
    Of these discriptors, I give her only athletic. I didn't find her pretty, funny, or nice, so I'm not sure what the draw is. But many, on this forum anyway, really seem to be into her. Best of luck to her and the poor guys they bring on the show - but maybe if she has no competition, she will feel secure and can show a better side of herself!

I think Ali and Reid would be a good couple but very boring to watch.
    I liked Ali on Jake's season and really thought she was a shoe in, however, I'm not sure she will be able to stand dating all those guys. But since she will be the one they are competing for it may show a better side of her.
    I will die laughing if Vienna and Jake come back on night one to help her, considering how much she didn't like Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by lovedrama;3850371;
    I will die laughing if Vienna and Jake come back on night one to help her, considering how much she didn't like Vienna.
    That would be drama right there!
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3845153;
    You may not think Ali is demanding but she has already asked for the program to be changed from The Bachelorette to The Bitchelorette.

Actually she said she wanted 50 men instead of 25.

Chris Harrison said as he introduced her that America had fallen in love with her. Um, ah, ha, no! Not exactly. America fell in love with Jillian. The comments I've read online suggest a lot of women find her witchy and bitchy (comments to the other girls and Vienna, respectively).

Her agent should have kept her off the show, at her job, and starring in a national ad campaign for Monster.com.
    This American certainly did not fall in love with Jillian! I actually like Ali...though I really love Tenley. I have high hopes for Ali's season...and only wish the best for Tenley. Those I don't really need to know about anymore: Jillian, Ed, Deanna and especially Jason & Molly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3849723;
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Ali chose the bad boy of the bunch?
    I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt although I wasn't crazy about her last season.

I'm counting on it since when do they ever pick the nice one
    I'm so glad Ali was chosen I see alot of quirkiness to her and it will be alot more fun then Jakes season imo.
    Bring on the guys!! Always liked the bachorlette better!

Is this potentially a bad career move for Ali? I see why aspiring models and actors plus those going nowhere want to be on this show. But once you become a celebrity, doesn't that make it harder to get a real job?

She's not the type who wants to just get married, have kids and be a housewife. She'd still want a career, I imagine. I don't see her wanting to be a perpetual "TV personality" like DeAnna Pappas and other fluffy reality stars with no real job.

Maybe she's already sold her soul to Fame. That's in The Contract, right?

P.S. Business Insider is reporting Ali was a "sales rep" at Facebook. Is that a fact? Was the "account executive" title a fraud to develop the storyline she had to make a big decision between work and Pavelka?
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Newbie

Based on her track record so far, it is pretty much guaranteed that Ali will make a stupid decision when it comes to which guy she will choose. First, she pretends to fall for a creepy guy who is neither good looking nor hetero, making a fool out of herself in the process (crying like a child and falling down in a hotel hallway). Then, she leaves one of the hottest companies in the world a few years before they go public forever branding her as The-Stupid-girl-Who-Left-Facebook. There is a good chance she will never have a financial opportunity like that again.

She might make more money than her colleagues this year, but next year when no one remembers her name and for the following 50 years she'll regret throwing away a fortune.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seacharm;3851329;
    Based on her track record so far, it is pretty much guaranteed that Ali will make a stupid decision when it comes to which guy she will choose. First, she pretends to fall for a creepy guy who is neither good looking nor hetero, making a fool out of herself in the process (crying like a child and falling down in a hotel hallway). Then, she leaves one of the hottest companies in the world a few years before they go public forever branding her as The-Stupid-girl-Who-Left-Facebook. There is a good chance she will never have a financial opportunity like that again.

She might make more money than her colleagues this year, but next year when no one remembers her name and for the following 50 years she'll regret throwing away a fortune.

I think you need to know something important my friend Love is more important than money. It is worth to sacrifice your job for True Love, believe me !

For all I know, Ali was told she can have her job back after making the rounds
    following the conclusion of her show. Or perhaps fb was an interim job for her and she plans to work in the field of psychology, her major in college.

And no, I know nothing, but it is possible.

Closed Thread