Closed Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

Ali showed some flaws during the last season and also received a really bad edit. She also showed (and we know from her bio) that she is extremely intelligent, pretty, confident, ambitious, responsible, quirky, fun, athletic, realistic, strong and very human. I think she will make a great and entertaining bachelorette. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and can't wait for her season to begin!

Just bummed they aren't filming in SF so I could check it out. Not fair!
    Last edited by pajamasam; 03-06-2010 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;3845434;
    I'd definitely say that Ali was more blunt about her feelings in regards to Vienna, she definitely made some hurtful, unnecessary comments (like the one about Vienna coming back from the date.) But I didn't see where she was a hypocrite about anything. She said what she thought in the moment, and later in watching, she said she hadn't been happy with herself for a lot of it.

And a lot of viewers wanted Ali to be the girl standing in the end, so it makes sense to offer her the next season in my mind. Ratings have steadily improved over the seasons since ABC started recycling the rejected. It's a plan that is obviously working for them, so I don't see them changing that.

When Fleiss chooses someone from the most recent season, he has built-in lovers and detractors to start the show off with a bang. Guess he counts on MOST of the haters to tune in.

Snip, snip here, clip, clip there, that's how they wile their life away in the merry ole land of Fleiss. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. NO Story, NO edit, NO Fun.....Just DRAMA.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3847644;
    You know, Ali got the good edit because she is a good person and only wants the best for everybody, she is sweet and sincere. She was looking for love, and Her and Jake found it, but she did leave him. I think TPTB feel sorry for her, because she was the front runner until she did leave the show, so they want to give her a new chance at love - because she deserves it.

What if Kiptyn could sign up for the show again??? Ali and Kiptyn???? WOW.... would be cool
    Hey, or maybe Reid. He did tell Jill that he usually dated blondes.

Since we don't seem to have a media section yet, I thought I would post this here.

The Bachelorette’s Ali Hopes Jake and Vienna Will Last - PEOPLE TV Watch

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3848300;
    Noooooooooooo.
    Not again.
    Why do they always have to pick someone old. why not someone new.
    Ali? bleh. no way. I guess people felt sorry for her?
    I like retreads and TPTB have discovered that the ratings are soooo much better by using them because the viewers of the previous season are already invested in the new bachelor/ette and will tune in to see how their "love story" ends.

First, I love Ali and am so happy she is the new Bachelorette. The reason she was picked is not only that she was one of the most poplar with viewers, but she was the only one of of the last few girls who could carry the show on her own. Tenley and Gia could not, in my opinion, even though they were both super sweet. I think most of you here already know the reasons why those two would not do as the lead of this show. It would have been so boring. Ali is not only attractive, but smart, athletic, outgoing and fun. She can also hold an intelligent conversation and she has spunk to be able to give these guys a run for their money.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGal;3849092;
    Ali showed some flaws during the last season and also received a really bad edit. She also showed (and we know from her bio) that she is extremely intelligent, pretty, confident, ambitious, responsible, quirky, fun, athletic, realistic, strong and very human. I think she will make a great and entertaining bachelorette. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and can't wait for her season to begin!

Just bummed they aren't filming in SF so I could check it out. Not fair!
    Just love your avatar. That was on JK and I thought she looked adorable. I wished she had worn that to the ATFR. I think ole JK was smitten with her and I thought she gave as much as was dished out by JK. She has a quick wit about her.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3849346;
    Hey, or maybe Reid. He did tell Jill that he usually dated blondes.
    Reid said he wouldn't do that. Plus, he's dating someone. He won't say who though.

FORT Fogey

Funny how she left Jake's show to go back to work, but she can take tons of time to be the next Bachelorette. She and Jake were never meant to be.

I'm happy that Ali was picked to be the Bachelorette. She has the personality to carry if off unlike Tenley or Gia. She comes with a little baggage but so did Meredith who was criticized for being snarky and she ended up being one of my favorites along with Jillian. The bachelorette that everyone seemed to love going in, Jen Sheft, ended up being the worst imo. I think that Ali's edit took a hit mostly because they knew Vienna was the f1 and they didn't want to show why the girls didn't like her. I have a feeling that Ali was replying in kind when she said that mean thing to Vienna. I'm sure she was horrified to see it on the show but you get caught up in things sometimes.

The saving grace every bachelorette season is that it doesn't matter whether you like the lead or not, there's at least 25 guys.

Closed Thread