Closed Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

I liked Ali in the beginning. (You can go back and read my post.) She had a beautiful first date! Then there was the conflict with Vienna, starting a conspiracy behind her back, making her cry, condemning Vienna behind her back, etc. I still like her.

If I'd had a great first date and believed I'd found the partner of my dreams, I might be competitive, too. If I thought the dream marriage was gone for good, I might cry, too.

ABC killed Ali with the edit. Now it's their job to bring her back from the dead. From the ABC board it seems more people would have preferred a completely new Bette than the damaged goods.

Ali's interview with Harrison when she was unveiled as the new Bette showed her rather awkward. I realize she was nervous, but still it's not a good sign.

I'd like to see polls. It may be just women who hate Ali and men think she's the girl next door with a good work ethic and decent looks.

Ali could still use a stylist. When the bachelors first arrive will they see her in a yellow dress?

Ali Walks Softly and Carries a Small Stick

FORT Newbie

I think Ali was possibly cast as the Bach-ette in the same way Jake was - basically "You are a contender but we'll see how you go with the viewers". I think the lead role was possibly a carrot that was dangled before her the whole season. Nothing wrong with wanting the lead though, I imagine a large amount of the suitors apply for it initially - in a way each season is an audition for the next. I think Ali had good and bad moments - but she's intelligent and bubbly and will engage people in a way Jake didn't. I really only thought that she and Elizabeth had the right personality for the Bach'ette (until Elizabeth started the crazy kissing stuff). While they were both lovely neither Gia nor Tenley had the force of character needed. Love her or hate her Deanna's personality was 'big' enough to make the show work and Jillian was awesome - smart and confident.

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3848097;

I'd like to see polls. It may be just women who hate Ali and men think she's the girl next door with a good work ethic and decent looks.
    I noticed too it's mostly women that are upset about her being the bachelorette. Which I can understand why in light of her "mean girl" edit. I don't think that men really care. Men by nature are not as dramatic. They are not the majority demographic that watches this show. People like me who watch religiously are going to have pretty strong opinions good or bad. However, every other person I know that watches could really care less about sleuthing, spoiling, rag mags, or boards and just watch the show purely for entertainment... and dern it I am envious of them

I see it like this... Ali has about 13,000 people that are her fans on facebook. Some love her some will post some pretty nasty stuff. Either way it's only 13,000 compared to the at least 10 million that actually watch the show and give it the ratings.

I would say the majority don't care it's her ... the rest love her/hate her and the haters will get over it in 3 months when it airs. JMO of course

Noooooooooooo.
    Not again.
    Why do they always have to pick someone old. why not someone new.
    Ali? bleh. no way. I guess people felt sorry for her?

let's not try to judge her until the show begins. If nothing else, we can always just turn down the volume and just watch the 25 (50?) bachelors.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;3848300;
    Noooooooooooo.
    Not again.
    Why do they always have to pick someone old. why not someone new.
    Ali? bleh. no way. I guess people felt sorry for her?
    I believe this is going to be the best season ever, just wait and see !
    Ali is awesome!

FORT sun

Hopefully, the producers can find 25 FUNNY, strong , intelligent men. Ali gave CH a wish list, I believe. She's already looking forward to the final end and being with her guy. I predict: sun bleached surfer type who sings and tells jokes.

I'm so excited about the new season.

I much prefer The Bachelorette to the Bachelor because of the hot guy - so bring that on !

Plus though Ali did have her 'issues' - she has a great sense of humor and is easy on the eyes. Plus she is a lot more intellegent that DeAnna and I was able to sit through her season so I'm sure I'll enjoy Ali being the lead.

Hopefully the guys will all get enough screen time for us to enjoy and identify with more than just the F4 like what happened in Jakes season. With 2 hours of viewing pleasure - the least they can do is showcase more than just a couple of guys. At least that is my hope.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3847531;
    I didn't watch Jake's season, so to me, Ali is someone brand new, and I plan to watch the Bachelorette. Yay, I am shallow, so bring me some six-packs!
    One question: When do you think TPTB pick Ali to be the new Bachelorette, early in Jake's season or recently? From reading the board, I feel she is not as popular as, say, Jason from De's season/Jillian from Jason's, both got almost perfect editing. Why didn't TPTB give Ali a better editing so she has more supporters and attract more viewers for her season?
    Agree with you on the six-pack issue !!!! Hopefully we'll get quality guys like Kip on this season too (****drool****).

As for the editing - IMO they will put out what they get. Both Jason and Jillian probably didn't give much negative stuff for them to use.

Plus tptb have realised that the more drama they show the better their ratings. I could be wrong but I think Ali will get a fair amount of viewership, despite her negative edit.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;3848421;
    Hopefully, the producers can find 25 FUNNY, strong , intelligent men. Ali gave CH a wish list, I believe. She's already looking forward to the final end and being with her guy. I predict: sun bleached surfer type who sings and tells jokes.
    Agree, its how TPTB roll, they find men suited for Ali, as they do for every bachelor/ette

a little off topic... are you really 79 years old??!!

Closed Thread