Closed Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

I read that the show will premiere on May 24th.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3845149;
    It was obvious to me when Jake defended Vienna on his and Ali's San Fran date, Ali knew Jake was not going to give up Vienna. She possibly wanted to
    leave at that point but this usually is not allowed. TPTB perhaps persuaded her to continue on through the HTD, as they did Graham on Deanna's season, along with the offer of her being the next Bachelorette. If this was the case, she needed to leave and get her affairs in order at work.

The way I see it, she didn't leave Jake - Jake left her in San Fran.
    Well said. I couldn't agree with your more. Ali's 'recognition' of this was evident as her facial expression changed as she heard Jake defending Vienna.

ITA with whoever described her as a 'pistol'. That should make for good viewing.

Bring it on!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3846227;
    I wasn't really referring to your post, Noobslueth... Just the general tone of the boards after the finale seemed to be trashing Vienna for exactly what we're now discussing about Ali. You're right, they both got caught with their pants down, in a sense. They may be more alike than many would like to admit.

She's not my favourite by any means (my fav B'ette was Meredith) but I too hope Fleiss doesn't push the envelope even further with the trashing. These are people's lives that are being played with, and as we've seen with Vienna and the tabloids, it can get pretty brutal. For her sake, I hope it doesn't turn that way but I wouldn't put it past Fleiss.
    Vienna had a lot of "skeletons in her closet" from things she did when younger such as the calendar photos and the money she stole from her husband. Vienna came across to me as an uneducated (even though she supposedly graduated from college) and wild young lady such as when she worked at Hooters. Vienna seems to have held numerous jobs. I didn't hear anything about Vienna having a job to return to when the filming ended or when her selection was announced, but maybe she was employed and they wouldn't hold the job for her. I suspect Jake is more successful and grounded and a little higher up on the social scale than men Vienna dated in the past...just my opinion. Jake has a good career and a nice home which is probably more than any man Vienna has previously dated.

Ali on the other hand graduated at the top of her class, so probably she is a more intellectual person. Ali participated in group sports and held a steady job at Facebook that seems more normal. Ali seems more "cultured" to me. Doubt that she ever posed for semi-nude photos, either. Ali seems to have a more normal background than Vienna and probably wasn't as spoiled as Vienna was by her father. I hope Ali finds her special man who is as intellectual as she is as well as being honest, funny, and fun!

All of the above is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by moondust222;3846836;
    Vienna had a lot of "skeletons in her closet" from things she did when younger such as the calendar photos and the money she stole from her husband. Vienna came across to me as an uneducated (even though she supposedly graduated from college) and wild young lady such as when she worked at Hooters. Vienna seems to have held numerous jobs. I didn't hear anything about Vienna having a job to return to when the filming ended or when her selection was announced, but maybe she was employed and they wouldn't hold the job for her. I suspect Jake is more successful and grounded and a little higher up on the social scale than men Vienna dated in the past...just my opinion. Jake has a good career and a nice home which is probably more than any man Vienna has previously dated.

Ali on the other hand graduated at the top of her class, so probably she is a more intellectual person. Ali participated in group sports and held a steady job at Facebook that seems more normal. Ali seems more "cultured" to me. Doubt that she ever posed for semi-nude photos, either. Ali seems to have a more normal background than Vienna and probably wasn't as spoiled as Vienna was by her father. I hope Ali finds her special man who is as intellectual as she is as well as being honest, funny, and fun!

All of the above is just my opinion.
    They come from very different backgrounds, and yet they both engaged in the same sort of behaviour towards each other on the show. Regardless of how "cultured" and educated she is, she still talked trash about Vienna and engaged in behaviour which she herself admitted wasn't the best.

We can go around in circles comparing Ali and Vienna and their differences. I was merely pointing out that there are also similarities, from what I can see. I sincerely hope, for Ali's fan's sake, that Fleiss doesn't throw her under the bus because honestly I wouldn't wish the treatment Vienna has received on anyone. And believe me, if there are skeletons of any kind in her past, they could very well come out and be exaggerated and manipulated for dramatic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3845096;
    IMO while I felt Tenley and Gia were sweethearts I think they both would have been really boring. I don't know too much about Ali other than her edit but she had JK laughing last night so I think she has a wit about her that should be entertaining to say the least.
    Also on JK, she showed a quick wit. He told her "you gave up a relationship for a.....Wednesday" and she responded with "but it was a really great Wednesday."

I didn't watch Jake's season, so to me, Ali is someone brand new, and I plan to watch the Bachelorette. Yay, I am shallow, so bring me some six-packs!
    One question: When do you think TPTB pick Ali to be the new Bachelorette, early in Jake's season or recently? From reading the board, I feel she is not as popular as, say, Jason from De's season/Jillian from Jason's, both got almost perfect editing. Why didn't TPTB give Ali a better editing so she has more supporters and attract more viewers for her season?
    <---------- I post so I can see more of him

I thought Ali seemed really fake and possessive and her pouty scenes when she was deciding about leaving annoyed me to no end, (she may as well have had two pigtails in her hair I just don't think I can take watching her for an entire season of The Bachelorette, are they ever just going to pick new people again instead of all the recycling?? You know what would be much more entertaining - - Michelle!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SDMOM;3847531;
    I didn't watch Jake's season, so to me, Ali is someone brand new, and I plan to watch the Bachelorette. Yay, I am shallow, so bring me some six-packs!
    One question: When do you think TPTB pick Ali to be the new Bachelorette, early in Jake's season or recently? From reading the board, I feel she is not as popular as, say, Jason from De's season/Jillian from Jason's, both got almost perfect editing. Why didn't TPTB give Ali a better editing so she has more supporters and attract more viewers for her season?
    You know, Ali got the good edit because she is a good person and only wants the best for everybody, she is sweet and sincere. She was looking for love, and Her and Jake found it, but she did leave him. I think TPTB feel sorry for her, because she was the front runner until she did leave the show, so they want to give her a new chance at love - because she deserves it.

What if Kiptyn could sign up for the show again??? Ali and Kiptyn???? WOW.... would be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3845265;
    I have learned that competing with 24 other women for one man can bring out the worst in anyone. I think I will reserve my Ali judgments for later in her season when she has a Meanna temper tantrum or sends home Reid's twin brother at F3.
    LOl I will watch the show and I am always a sucker for a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;3845434;
    I'd definitely say that Ali was more blunt about her feelings in regards to Vienna, she definitely made some hurtful, unnecessary comments (like the one about Vienna coming back from the date.) But I didn't see where she was a hypocrite about anything. She said what she thought in the moment, and later in watching, she said she hadn't been happy with herself for a lot of it.

And a lot of viewers wanted Ali to be the girl standing in the end, so it makes sense to offer her the next season in my mind. Ratings have steadily improved over the seasons since ABC started recycling the rejected. It's a plan that is obviously working for them, so I don't see them changing that.
    I agree...she also state that when she was watching the show she really hated some of her own comments.

Closed Thread