Closed Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

I saw her on Kimmel last evening, and she came off like an inarticulate giggly mess. I don't usually watch Jimmy Kimmel so perhaps he is this dis-arming with all of his guests ?

She didn't look as nice as she did on ATFR.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-02-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Wrong abreviation
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845083;
    I wasn't a big Ali fan but did think she had chemistry with Jake and saw the connection. I would watch no matter who is the next bach'ette, but I do think Ali is a good choice. She's pretty, career-driven, looking for love. Just as good of a choice as Gia or Tenley imo. Either of those three would have been great . Ali seems like she can handle the format better than Gia or Tenley though.
    Yes, show biz career driven.

^Whatever driven kind of career, it isn't any different than anyone else who goes on this show, with our prime example being little Jakey, former actor.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

I just can't stand to watch her non puckery kisses

To me, Ali as the bachelorette is the equivalent of Kate Gosselin sans children as the bachelorette. She tried to boss people around this season and she wasn't even the lead. Ali in a position of power will be even more controlling. Not all the guys are going to let themselves be push around by her, unless of course they have their eye on Bachelor 15.

I have learned that competing with 24 other women for one man can bring out the worst in anyone. I think I will reserve my Ali judgments for later in her season when she has a Meanna temper tantrum or sends home Reid's twin brother at F3.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3845256;
    To me, Ali as the bachelorette is the equivalent of Kate Gosselin sans children as the bachelorette. She tried to boss people around this season and she wasn't even the lead.
    I'm always interested in learning how others view the show differently than me. I didn't see Ali as bossing people around at all. She had her own opinions, wasn't shy about stating what they were, but I didn't see her trying to force people into agreeing with her or doing what she wanted. The only instance where she was asking for input that I saw was in her decision whether to stay with Jake or go home -- I understood fully why she would want to know what he thought or felt before making her mind up. I would have in her shoes.

So anyway, all this to ask...how did you view her as bossing people around? What did she do that made you see that in her? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845224;
    ^Whatever driven kind of career, it isn't any different than anyone else who goes on this show, with our prime example being little Jakey, former actor.
    Jakey, former actor, now wannabe dancer

I dont get why he is extending his stay by going on the show. And what were the DWTS producers thinking when they casted him. he is no Melissa Rycroft-Strickland.

Ali was opinionated but I dont think she bossed people around. She was just more outspoken than the others. I didnt see her telling people what to do. She basically just said out loud what may have been the consensus around the house. But I never saw her put information into the girls' minds in order for them to follow her lead. It turned out, majority if not all of them have the same opinion about Vienna but on the show it was made to look that Ali started everything.

I want to see Ali navigate this now that its her turn. She said that she has learned something about herself from The Bachelor to put love before work, this is her chance to put that into use. On Jimmy Kimmel, she also said that she doesnt put credence on looks. That she was actually intimidated of Jake's "good looks". That would be interesting to watch.

^I agree with you. My best guess is that Jake's season had high ratings and they want to capitalize on whatever popularity he has left. He's a complete dud though.

As far as Ali, being "bossy" isn't the worst quality in the world. I don't think she was bossy either but everyone has a different perception. Whatever her faults, she has just as much right (for lack of a better word) than the Jasons and Jakes and DeAnnas of the world to be the b'ette. She may turn out to be an upgrade and given that she isn't overwhelmingly the favorite could work in her favor. You never know. I'm going to wait and see how it plays out, but I'm at least giving her a chance.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3845332;
    ^I agree with you. My best guess is that Jake's season had high ratings and they want to capitalize on whatever popularity he has left. He's a complete dud though.

As far as Ali, being "bossy" isn't the worst quality in the world. I don't think she was bossy either but everyone has a different perception. Whatever her faults, she has just as much right (for lack of a better word) than the Jasons and Jakes and DeAnnas of the world to be the b'ette. She may turn out to be an upgrade and given that she isn't overwhelmingly the favorite could work in her favor. You never know. I'm going to wait and see how it plays out, but I'm at least giving her a chance.
    Jake's season had high ratings because of Ali! I know quite a few people who tuned in last night just to see if Ali would come back to claim Jake.

Closed Thread