Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: New Bachelorette

Re: New Bachelorette

Fame whore like the rest who go on this show. The money is indeed good and she will get exposure which is what she wants. I didn't buy she had to leave for work. That whole scene was an act by Ali and Jake. They both knew their roles and their acting is horrible. She was chosen because she was more controversial that the others who went far.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bme;3868423;
    I disagree that Ali was going after the public exposure. I think like everyone else she was on a reality show, this one in particular to find love. I think to her surprise she found it. She herself said that she did not think "in a million" years she would have come to the show and fall in love. Her emotions were real and not contrived. She wanted out of the show because she herself did not want to be rejected. She honestly felt, that if her feelings were real and Jake's were too, that the show did not matter and that they would find each other when the show ended. Obvious, Jake did not want her back, he being loyal to the show 100%. In the week or two that she wasn't there he already moved on with the other girls. She had no idea that she would be asked to do the bette. The show stopped filming right before Thanksgiving and she was asked in February if she wanted to do it. She had been back to work by then and gave it a lot of thought. Her crying scenes were real. CH even said so. She had been trying to make up her mind about staying or going back to work for "hours". CH said that the final scene with Ali took several hours to film and even lingered into the night. He finally had to come back into the room and ask her if she had made up her mind. She really had a hard time with it. She admits that the "journey" to find love works. She does not care that she finds it on tv.

You do not have to believe any of this, but I believe it is true because it has been said so much and with such consistency that there is no reason not to believe it.

MF and TB franchise love Ali, she is/was their first choice. CH has said that "America has falling in love with you".
    I agree with you. I think some want to read to much into it. I really don't think the average person minipulates and acts all the time. Ali does not strike me as such a person. I actually think people are absolutly nuts to let themselves be on one of these shows. To many people are ready to rip you to shreds.

I like Ali a lot and the only thing I question is how she could have fallen for Jake. I guess it's being in the Bachelor bubble. I don't think she's into fame any more than the other bachelorettes. I think if she's lucky enough to find love there will be a relationship but if it lasts is anyone's guess. The only thing I ask is that she be empathetic with the guys' feelings unlike Jen Sheft and DeAnna to a lessor extent.

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;3872444;
    I like Ali a lot and the only thing I question is how she could have fallen for Jake. I guess it's being in the Bachelor bubble. I don't think she's into fame any more than the other bachelorettes. I think if she's lucky enough to find love there will be a relationship but if it lasts is anyone's guess. The only thing I ask is that she be empathetic with the guys' feelings unlike Jen Sheft and DeAnna to a lessor extent.
    Ali really did fall in love with Jake. I read an interview she did with TVGuide and they said to her "You got to see the finale before anyone else did." Ali answered "Yes, I did. I had to see how it turned out before I could begin another chapter in my life. After watching it, I had definitive closure."

Before she would agree to being the Bachelorette, she had to see if Jake chose somebody or if she still had a chance with him. I'm really glad she's the Bachelorette and not with Jake. He's nothing like he led us to believe he was.

I don't believe Ali fell in love with Jake. She fell in love with the idea of being the F1. Since Jake had no intention of choosing her, she settled for being the Bach'ett which is fine by her. Because after all, according to CH, while they were filming, America fell in love with her. That was the first clue, that she was going to be the next Bach'ette. Those of course are my opinions.

Originally posted by Anders332

the result of ali's show is not going to be a happily ever after. If she's there to find love, she'll likely find someone to date for a while, if she's there to find a career/fame she'll choose someone who's easily dumped or is able to help her gain notariety. She's already being handsomely compensated for doing this show, so it's not like she'll be jobless and penniless when the show is over, Jobless maybe, penniless, nope
    My thoughts exactly, Anders.

To a point, I suppose there's nothing wrong with that. If you're single, have no ties to your job or your city that you live in, and you want adventure, and maybe fall inlove, I think its a great opportunity. Whatever happens great, if you find love, if you get job offers whatever, but this is a show about finding love, I wouldn't mind seeing that happen more times than not.

It seems alot of contestants have an agenda, and it has nothing to do with finding love!

Many if not most actors and actresses in Hollywood choose partners to date, get engaged to, or even married to, in order to further their career. They've been doing this for over 50 years. It makes no difference if they have been in Hollywood for years or they are just starting their careers. Why should anyone expect it to be different on a show like The Bachelor or The Bachelorette?

I think too many people here are assuming that Harrison is always 100% honest, or that Ali is always 100% honest. Pavelka once looked to some like a saint... until he became the Bachelor. DeAnna looked great until she became the Bette.

Even if you are charitable and say these characters started on the show with pure motives which had nothing to do with fame or career, it's difficult to now deny they got bitten by the fame bug.

I don't know that Ali is any more holy than Jake or DeAnna and is incapable of being corrupted by the process. Even if she's sincere about finding a life partner, she's already demonstrated character flaws in her first TV experience which could lead to further problems if she, like everybody else, is pressured during the show by Fleiss and company.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

For Ali or any other 25 year old I think this is an opportunity of a lifetime. The travel, the clothes, the experience and perhaps a chance to find love. I know you’re all thinking that doing this show is like selling your soul to the devil, but I think the TPTB can only do what you allow them to. I think she will hold her own. In fact I’m envious! I don’t get the impression Ali came from money and this may give her a chance to let loose and have some fun. Maybe she missed out on some things while taking care of her grandmother. Karma has a way of righting what went wrong.

For everything bad being on TB does, it also does some good. Look at Vienna. With a little money and a stylist and she looks 100% better. Her hair is nicely colored and styled. She wears tasteful clothes and actually I believe her actions have improved. This was good thing for her.

I have often wondered if Ali went on the TB to audition for the ette and accidentally fell for Jake. The chemistry was undeniable and I’m certainly not the only one that saw it. There’s a reason there are so many video’s of Jake & Ali. Was it love? I think so.

I don’t know if she’ll find true love, but I am certain opportunities will come her way. I hope she is able to take advantage of everything. I like Ali and I think we have a lot to look forward to in her season.

Team Ali

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by UnRealLife;3873492;
    For Ali or any other 25 year old I think this is an opportunity of a lifetime. The travel, the clothes, the experience and perhaps a chance to find love. I know youíre all thinking that doing this show is like selling your soul to the devil, but I think the TPTB can only do what you allow them to. I think she will hold her own. In fact Iím envious! I donít get the impression Ali came from money and this may give her a chance to let loose and have some fun. Maybe she missed out on some things while taking care of her grandmother. Karma has a way of righting what went wrong.

For everything bad being on TB does, it also does some good. Look at Vienna. With a little money and a stylist and she looks 100% better. Her hair is nicely colored and styled. She wears tasteful clothes and actually I believe her actions have improved. This was good thing for her.

I have often wondered if Ali went on the TB to audition for the ette and accidentally fell for Jake. The chemistry was undeniable and Iím certainly not the only one that saw it. Thereís a reason there are so many videoís of Jake & Ali. Was it love? I think so.

I donít know if sheíll find true love, but I am certain opportunities will come her way. I hope she is able to take advantage of everything. I like Ali and I think we have a lot to look forward to in her season.

Team Ali

Like I should have said it myself! You certainly have the right attitude!
    I believe Ali is sincere about this, she is my favorite, so naturally beautiful and her good heart

Team Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Teamkip;3874489;
    Like I should have said it myself! You certainly have the right attitude!
    I believe Ali is sincere about this, she is my favorite, so naturally beautiful and her good heart

Team Ali
    I'm all about Team Ali too. Looking forward to a great season.

I can't see how someone who applies for several reality shows and ends up on TB can be considered to be there to "find love". I also wonder if she applied to TB'ette long before getting on TB. No way to know for sure, but I think she wants the exposure from her comments about wearing yellow...she said "I wore yellow so I would be noticed even if I was off the first night". That says it all. This being said...so what? She got on TB and now is the B'ette. Good luck to her. I will be interested to see if she remains "America's sweetheart" when it is over.
    "Take the best and leave the rest!"

Closed Thread